Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting To Know You August

11 hours ago, Clearman said:

I am the God of procrastination. 

I'd be a dick God, but only when I get around to it. 

I was going to be the god of procrastination, but I got distracted and clearman beat me to it. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, August 20: If you were a god what would you be the god of? Would you be benevolent or a dick?

I've been offered godhood three times and have turned it down each time. Why? Because when you become more than human you become less than human, and I like being me with all my flaws and quirks. Besides, having you tried keeping track of divine portfolios? Talk about deific paperwork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, August 20: If you were a god what would you be the god of? Would you be benevolent or a dick?

Can I be the god of "people stacked up in trenchcoats pretending to be a real grownup"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

I would be a finicky and temperamental god. Today I would be a dick so I don't suffer alone. 

• Like 6

Butterflies.  They're pretty and I don't have to do much.

My mortal following, should I have one, will be on good terms with that of the goddess of bees.  Not that she and I are connected but we both have similar aims.  Encouraging people to plant wildflowers is a win for both of us.

I would like to see the monarch butterfly migration someday.

• Like 9

15 hours ago, Clearman said:

I am the God of procrastination. 

I'd be a dick God, but only when I get around to it. 

I wanted to be god of procrastination.

But something came up. So I'm only a demi-god... which given the context makes me *more* powerful?

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

A bunch of other people have already suggested procrastination as a divine portfolio, so I'm not sure what I'd pick. Perhaps irony and/or snark.

I would demand that everybody describe me as benevolent. :devil:

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

I'd be the god of atheists, just so I could pop up in front of people who don't believe I exist and go "Boo!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

Probably the god of troubleshooting. 

Because that's a god I wish existed when I'm chasing down problems that make no sense.   I would be mostly benevolent, unless my help is disrespected. 

Basically a tech support god - only with powers. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, alchemist said:

I'd be the god of atheists, just so I could pop up in front of people who don't believe I exist and go "Boo!"

And of course the Late Sir Terry already gave us the God of Evolution.

• Like 4

I'd be a nature god.

I'd be a benevolent dick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

On 8/19/2018 at 5:53 AM, redambrosia said:

Sunday, August 19: 

What's your worst or funniest bug related story?

I used to be a part of a team of countryside rangers for a local conservation charity and part of our duties involved surveying the flora and fauna of new sites that the charity had acquired. One particular site was a MASSIVE area that was being grazed by some evil looking cattle that we had been told would be off site by the time we would be there. When we arrived, we were met by the farmer who assured us that the cows had been removed a couple of hours before.

As we explored the site, it became clear that it was an absolute hot spot for butterflies. Luckily, we had brought some butterfly nets and proceeded to catch, identify and release many, many of the little fellows over the course of the day. We were almost ready to head back to our office when a cry of "CLOUDED YELLOW!!!!" was heard from about thirty feet away and we turned to watch one one of our colleagues running madly after a bright yellow and black butterfly. His excitement was fairly understandable, we rarely get those butterflies this far north and it would probably be an new sighting for the area. The butterfly flew this way and that, nimbly evading the clumsy human with the giant net, until said human tripped and did a spectacular fall......and landed face first into a deposit that one of the cows had left that morning :o I've never felt so sorry for, but needed to get away from, someone so much in my life.

Also, the butterfly got away ::D:

On 8/20/2018 at 6:48 AM, redambrosia said:

Karma, that way I can be both and it's not even my fault <_<

Edited by Kuroneko
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I am a god. Haven't you read my signature? lol

• Haha 6

19 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I wanna be a god of righteous vengeance. Don't want to be a dick to decent people but would love to lay out some old testament judgement on the @holes of the world. Or you know send people to a special hell. Shepherd Book, "If you take sexual advantage of her, you're going to burn in a very special level of hell. A level they reserve for child molesters and people who talk at the theater."

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1