Sign in to follow this  
Crowley

Getting To Know You August

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Tuesday, August 21: Pretend you've been asleep/frozen/whatever for 1000 years: what would you want to see first? What would be your first question?

"Ooooooooo, let's see what new paints and minis Reaper has!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

If I had gone to sleep 30 years before the Norman Conquest, 1000 years later would be about now...

Tuesday, August 21: Pretend you've been asleep/frozen/whatever for 1000 years: what would you want to see first?

The view out the window. 

What would be your first question?

Did we finally invent flying cars?

No one would understand my question, because the language would have shifted so much. My ancestors of 1000 years ago would have spoken either Norman French, Danish, Saxon, Gælic, or Cherokee.  Just as they would be unintelligible in the here and now l would speaking gibberish in 3018.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Tuesday, August 21: Pretend you've been asleep/frozen/whatever for 1000 years: what would you want to see first? What would be your first question?

Recalling my surgery from three years ago, I already know the answers:

• First thing I'd want to see would be "Outside". I don't really care what I see, it could be a brick wall, as long as it's daylight. So any sizeable window will do.
  • First thing I'd say: "What time is it?" Followed by a gajillion other questions, with plenty of "WTF?!" here and there.
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

am I still stuck with this stupid body?

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Where is Sir Cyr? Where are my rocks? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I'd want to see if all the tree planting in the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park actually managed to turn the area back into the forest that it originally was. I'll never see all those saplings get to maturity, but it would be great to see it all grown up.

I'd have 2 questions, though-

Did we ever reintroduce wolves here in Scotland?

Are cats still the planets dominant species? :lol:

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Well, I was going to insert an Austin Powers reference about the bathroom, but since I got ninja'd by like four frikkin' people and it wouldn't be funny anymore, here's a somewhat more relevant  Austin Powers reference... :rolleyes:

image.png.edd6c08180bfeb7a1f774b24e7952ce5.png

Edited by Mad Jack
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

The current month's issue of Playboy; I'd want to see if the articles got better or worse.

Who won?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

15 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Well, I'm probably fired... 

So, uh, are we post scarcity yet? 

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Water and food. Question would be what's for breakfast. If it's make of soy and/or bugs you can put me back to sleep.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Wednesday, August 22: What animal would be the most terrifying if it could speak?

My rabbit. He is already a demanding little jerk. If he knew words, the world would be in trouble. 

Gaze in awe at the terrible floof! 

IMAG0358.thumb.jpg.f3dac765e35e1280fc235d14fd15e661.jpg

• Haha 11

We don’t forbid Pedantry...

So many pedantic people here :rolleyes: :lol:

...but we do grade it.

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Wednesday, August 22: What animal would be the most terrifying if it could speak?

2gbvjx.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 4