Getting To Know You August

Crowley

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, August 26: What is the most annoying thing about having you as a housemate?

Previous roommates have complained that I am too quiet. They never knew if I was around or not and apparently this bothered them. So once I learned that my efforts towards being a polite and respectful roommate were the source of irritation for the others I decided that perhaps a small lesson was in order.

When I'd come home from work, I'm go to my room, lock the door and then climb out the window. After getting a bite to eat somewhere I'd come back a few hours later thru the front door, confusing the hell out of them as they thought I was still in my room. (they never thought about the window as an exit point)

I also made an effort to move very quietly when walking, so they'd turn around and suddenly there I am, sitting on a couch that had been empty a few seconds before. They were not the most observent of people so it didn't take much to convince them I was some kind of ninja. 

• Haha 10

• Replies 794
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, August 26: What is the most annoying thing about having you as a housemate?

Probably my tendency to "sing" whatever song is currently stuck in my head which results in a) getting said song stuck in everyone else's head and b) many hurt eardrums. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

A tendency to get up VERY early. Getting half a days work finished before breakfast is personally satisfying, but not always appreciated by others.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

My tendency to forget to do my assigned chores until for too long. 

Also, probably me sleeping during the day. I mean, Hubby doesn't mind, but anyone else would probably be annoyed at the need for quiet.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Also, probably me sleeping during the day. I mean, Hubby doesn't mind, but anyone else would probably be annoyed at the need for quiet.

Due to my early rising habit I often have an hour of shut-eye in the afternoon. Siesta is a very civilised institution and keeps you alert and able to do good painting in the evening!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Howling at the moon.::D:

I tend to develop very minor OCD towards very unimportant things.

For example, the leftover can of cat food goes in exactly ONE spot in the 'fridge, and nowhere else. Gods help the poor soul who puts anything else in 'the cat food spot'.

Meanwhile, my hobby bench is a disaster...

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 4
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

The fact that I don't really want housemates. I'm an introvert and being around someone constantly is quite exhausting, home is supposed to be a place of relaxation and safety. The only one I'd live with is someone that I'm in a relationship with, because they'd already be vouched as someone on the introvert exception list.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, redambrosia said:

According to my wife the fact that I never clean up after myself. Not quite true and I really am housebroken. BUT I have a tendency to not want to put things away and clean up until I'm done whatever I'm working on. This can cause issues when I can't finish something quickly. The missus spends more time getting ready and cleaning up than anything else. I've finally won a long running battle that my hobby area can be a disaster at all times. Yeah, even for me it's often bad. But my mess is concentrated in two spots of the house where other people rarely go. I do my best to not let it overrun into other areas.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, August 27: What is the best song from the 1980s?

Lots of good candidates, but Janie's Got a Gun by Aerosmith is the first one that comes to mind for me.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, August 27: What is the best song from the 1980s?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by TGP
...I rarely learn the titles of music I listen to, much less the release dates
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3