Sign in to follow this  
Erifnogard

Quick arm swap for Deep One Priest

I had two of the Deep One Priest and Servitor pack and thought it would be fairly straightforward to do an arm swap on one of the pairs.  Turns out I was right.  The staff arm for the priest is a glued socket joint so I just pried it out of the socket.  I then carefully cut the same arm from the servitor at the shoulder joint.  I drilled the servitor arm and the socket of the priest and joined the two with a pin cut from a plastruct rod (probably unnecessary, but I like overkill).  On the servitor, I used my dremel to rough out a socket for the key post on the priest arm and glued them together.  I then did very minor greenstuff on the seams of both.  I also did a minor reposition on the servitor that wasn't altered.  Here are comparison shots between original priest and servitor with their altered counterparts.

IMG_1321.jpg

IMG_1322.jpg

• Like 12

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rigel
      Can't make Deep One hybrids without Deep Ones; that just stands to reason. Got these fishy Bones fellas before the Bones Deep Ones came out. Probably overdid the metallics, and will probably do so again. 

77215, Eregris Darkfathom I painted up first; did not notice it's a cultist in a fish suit; thought the face was part of the mouth.  I do like the flowing robes and the coral scabbard. 

77187, the Tiik Champion, is a delight. Huge and hunched-over, with a Dunkleosteus profile, truly a terrifying beast from an elder era. 

77186, the Tiik Warrior, I'm pretty pleased with. 77212, the Baron, I should probably revisit and put some shiny razzamatazz on his fins one of these days. 

There's one more fishy friend I need to post, but for reasons probably more aesthetic than biological, she is NSFW and will need to be linked.
    • By Rigel
      A fitting adversary for the Benthic Walker and my aquanauts, this burly fishy brute packs a massive steampunky harpoon cannon and a cape made of human leather. (How aquatic species do their leather-tanning, I don't know, but it seems to work for this guy.) 

He's also adorned with fishhooks, which must be a bold countercultural statement among fishmen. Like a necklace of bullets and syringes for a human, I guess. 

Big fella, he came with a Large base but could pass for a very burly Medium creature in my opinion.

This brute is not some lungbreather hybrid from Innsmouth; this is 100% Deep One stuff. 

Oh yes, also the rotten hands and bones on the gruesome cape. Trophies of the Ones that Got Away, perhaps?

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Deep Ones...

Ribit,
      Kev!

• By Kev!
      Howdy,

Lead you to R'lyeh I will!

Click to zoom,
      Kev!
  • Who's Online   18 Members, 0 Anonymous, 125 Guests (See full list)