Gangfight Skirmish Game System

Gangfight

24 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

This project still hasn't delivered. 

PDFs of the rules have been, so not totally bad news, but still waiting on the hardbacks. 

Yeah, at this point I'll be pleasantly surprised if something ever ships, but my enthusiasm for this project disappeared a while back.

• Like 3

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, Mckenna35 said:

my enthusiasm for this project disappeared a while back.

Same here. Even as I was backing, I honestly didn't expect to see the book until 6-9 months after their campaign estimated delivery date of March 2019,  but even with those tempered expectations, I'm still left feeling "Meh" about the project. 

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, EvilJames said:

Got my book today.  However weren't there supposed to be a bunch of different settings? I only count 3 Fantasy,  Scifi and modern. 

Got mine yesterday. 

Six settings from the KS and I thought they added another to help justify being two years behind…but am not sure on that part. To be fair the mechanics of some of these could be combined within the book. 

87138422-B5BA-4549-B4AE-5FEE0CA113D4.thumb.png.16bd3ab624a9781a9b905b51fb310766.png
Overall I am not that excited about this anymore. 

Edited by KruleBear
  • Like 1

It also looks like they sold adds in the last several pages. I suspect this was to help runaway costs and I don’t have a real issue. But I find it odd to see adds for other companies games in a book that is intended to be a universal rule set. 

Edit-Update 54 seems to say tough doo doo about the other settings. The update suggests the unlocked additional settings were going to be a separate supplement. But collaborator comments to the update seem to suggest that the supplement would be a future Kickstarter. 

Edited by KruleBear

According to the tracking info, my copy is supposed to arrive tomorrow.  The last update indicated that it’s at my local post office.  This will have the dubious distinction of being the latest Kickstarter I’ve been in that basically delivered. (I’ve been in a couple that took the money and ran…this one was in my “shrug” investment range.) I don’t think I have any enthusiasm left either.

• Like 1

That's kind of disappointing.  The book looks nice at least. The back part I think was to give credit to the miniatures companies that were the minis in the photos.  The fact that one specifically mentioned it's own competing game was a bit wierd though. Would have been nice if those back pages had some indication as to which photos were of which manufacturer's minis though. I think only the pictures involving mantic's minis had thing saying that's what they were.

I'll still give it a try and see how it plays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine is supposed to arrive on Saturday. 

4 hours ago, KruleBear said:

a future Kickstarter. 

Yeah, that will be a big NO from me. 

I am glad that I will be getting something, but this will likely sit on the shelf. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, KruleBear said:

Edit-Update 54 seems to say tough doo doo about the other settings. The update suggests the unlocked additional settings were going to be a separate supplement. But collaborator comments to the update seem to suggest that the supplement would be a future Kickstarter. 

So I see that update 54 was in January of 2020. No wonder that I only vaguely remember it…But, yeah, this didn’t end up being what was originally promised.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rob Dean said:

So I see that update 54 was in January of 2020. No wonder that I only vaguely remember it…But, yeah, this didn’t end up being what was originally promised.

As I was going back trough those updates it seemed like they switched most of their communication to Facebook. I don’t do Facebook and it irritates me when primary communication is moved away from KS updates. A lot of projects use other forms to communicate with backers, but at least give primary updates through KS. 

• Like 1

The book arrived. Surprised it delivered. My wife and I backed it with the vague idea of maybe using it to play wargames with my young son utilizing his Imaginext Super Heroes toys, and superheroes aren't even supported anymore. Of course, he's old enough now that we're about to start doing Pathfinder 1e with him, so it's largely for naught. C'est la vie. At least it wasn't anywhere near the most expensive KS I've backed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Received my book today, and took a flip through it.  Although I'd lost all enthusiasm for the game due to the delays, I find myself mildly impressed - at least enough to try it once, whereas I thought I wouldn't try it all.   One of the reasons has to do with this:

On 8/13/2018 at 7:12 PM, Gangfight said:

We have rules for Mounts, which can be a horse, or motorcycle or even a big mech. Things like cars or tanks we're trying to work out. The idea is we want a game that is like 1 squad vs 1 squad, and don't want special things to get too overpowered. But we'll see how it goes and maybe try and include them as experimental rules at first.

I had asked if the rules were going to include vehicles, and with the vagueness of this answer, and the delays, and dropping of settings, I figured that the only way it was getting vehicles was with a follow-up project, which I wouldn't back. 

And yet vehicles are in the core rules. 

So at this point, it meets most of my requirements that I've been looking for in a sci-fi skirmish game.  If it turns out I like playing it, then we'll have to see if the hurdle of my last requirement can be met - will it be readily available for others to purchase?

Not sure I have much faith in that. 

• Like 4