CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

CAVBOSS

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Reaper User

I use a strainer that fits right into my "boiling" pot. I leave them in there for a couple of minutes to make sure the ehat gets good and "deep." I pull the strainer out, grab the figure and put in the shape I want and then immerse in room temp water and hold for a good bit of time to let it cool down.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

I use a strainer that fits right into my "boiling" pot. I leave them in there for a couple of minutes to make sure the ehat gets good and "deep." I pull the strainer out, grab the figure and put in the shape I want and then immerse in room temp water and hold for a good bit of time to let it cool down.

Working smarter, not harder! ::D:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Doug Sundseth said:

FWIW, I wouldn't reach into boiling water here, either. That's what chopsticks (or a pasta fork) are for.

:B):

Leave your hand in water and you get all the calories. And that adds up to Joules. And pain.

Dang it, I missed the chance for a Music Man reference:

"And that adds up to Joules, which rhyme with Pools, and we know those are Trouble with a capital T."

:B):

• Like 2

10 hours ago, CitizenCane said:

After getting stomped by a few of @jsalyers warhammers this weekend I am certainly hoping we reach that stretch goal so I can get some of my own.

would have been funny to unlock the spartan at 300 backers and the warhammer at 40k ;) lol!

Ooh!  Ya'll proxied the Warhammer?  Thats one I've wanted to take for a spin!  Did ya'll use the updated blaster rules?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, CitizenCane said:

Nope, no proxies, @jsalyers has spent a good amount of time sourcing old metal Templars for his force. but yes, the Blaster 1 kicked my tail.

There weren't any Warhammers; it's a brand new never-before-seen design! :)

I know he had three painted Warlords!  But they have heavy PBG's instead of MAC's!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, CitizenCane said:

Maybe they were Warlords... I think he killed me with PGBs not MACs, so that would check out...  So Warlords and Warhammers then.

*jaws theme plays* we're gonna need more Backers....

Yeah, Warlords have twin heavy PBG's, two medium Guided Missiles and a rocket pack (indirect fire) and are speed seven, armor seven!

Warhammers have twin heavy MAC's, twin medium MAC's, and are speed four, armor nine!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

About the only thing I have to say about the most recent update is... Ouch. 

Thankfully, I haven’t been able to sit down and calculate my extras I wanted, so my pledge won’t be changing.

I still need to get started again on my version of a drop ship. Right after Projects A, B, C, ... CA, CB, CC...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Thankfully, I haven’t been able to sit down and calculate my extras I wanted, so my pledge won’t be changing.

I still need to get started again on my version of a drop ship. Right after Projects A, B, C, ... CA, CB, CC...

I'm kind of in a similar boat - annoying unplanned things happened, making me re-examine a few things, and have to lower my pledge for the initial part, and then buy in more later on... 

Kind of sucks though that the dropship isn't happening, but glad to hear at some point in the future it will receive its own Kickstarter. 

Playful side of me goes "oooh, one side got a shiny stompy added into the core bundle, does the other too?" ^_^;;;;;

• Like 2

• Reaper User

IF KS would let us, I would kick the dropship off into it's own right now but they don't. So we have to work on this one and get as many models as possible opened up. The ultimate goal is and remains ADDING new models we can play with game wise. I decided trying to force one at the expense of the other at the end wasn't not going to work, no matter how we set it up. To reinforce that point, I put my money where my "mouth" is and paid for the Pillager.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1