CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

WE ARE LIVE... https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/272456130/talon-games-cav-strike-ops-iii

CAV KICKSTARTER III... with less than 24 hours to go until we kick this show off, I wanted to share another preview with you, but first a little back-story on how this one came about. With two ki

Thought I'd post a few images of something I was working on last week from KS2!  This is a Ritter Lynx transport in the 5th Marienburg Brigade aircraft camouflage, number "211."

Posted Images

I was planning on just getting the paint the terrain and a vehicle or two but I suddenly had the thought that if I got the Basic Training set that might get me off my butt and actually playing CAV and thus would, ex post facto, justify all the CAV I got in the previous Kickstarters.   I have the rulebook and CAV looks like a fun game but, with so many games out there, sometimes you need an kick in the posterior to get started.

I will have to sleep on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Reaper User
52 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

If I didn't have any money to back the kickstarter, but I might have some fun money in Dec, would I be able to use the pledge manager (even if it costs me more than if I had backed the KS)???

Thanks.

Yes, the PM will be open at least till March.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I was planning on just getting the paint the terrain and a vehicle or two but I suddenly had the thought that if I got the Basic Training set that might get me off my butt and actually playing CAV and thus would, ex post facto, justify all the CAV I got in the previous Kickstarters.   I have the rulebook and CAV looks like a fun game but, with so many games out there, sometimes you need an kick in the posterior to get started.

I will have to sleep on it.

NOOOOOO!!!!! DON'T SLEEP ON IT!!!!!! DOOOOOOOEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

Yes, the PM will be open at least till March.

As has been said before . . . . AWESOME!!!!

Ok, For the most part what I have left is big stuff and the chances are I'll pick those up sooner than later . . . 

• Like 2
  • Reaper User
18 minutes ago, HornedTurtle said:

I am debating on the terrain set, I'm not sure that I would use like half of it. Right now I am looking at the paint sets and a lot of Haunts and Pillagers, lol

Well half of it at retail will be at least $50 so figure that into your thought process :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't know if the Pledge Manager is set up to handle multiple pictures or changes very well, but is it possible to add the Data cards along with the pictures to the "Show me" button?

I'm going through and picking the stuff I want but cant remember which models have what and keep trying to look back and forth to see if I want more of certain ones...

• Like 2
  • Reaper User
2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for you Boss. If we do hit the next target $ goals, could it be possible to allow to purchase any or all of the next two packs? You wouldn't even have to add them to the Core Set to make most us us very happy!

I would love too but that extra is already going towards the terrain I added without making it a SG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Gadgetman!
      A huge 2 for 1 KS!  
      (You get BOTH Humans and Halflings in one project! )
      Bloody Peasants! by Midlam Miniatures — Kickstarter

Story
      "Oh no!  It's an armed agrarian uprising!"
      Toiling in the fields for their feudal overlords, the peasants are equally quick to turn their tools to defending their lands from monstrous invaders or, when pressed to the limit, revolting and overturning cruel and greedy landowners.
      Bloody Peasants!
      A selection of human and halfling farmers in 28mm scale miniatures for all of your fantasy games.
      You can choose from humans, halflings or both!
      The Humans
      A familiar sight in the villages surrounding Midlam.
      The Halflings
      A smaller folk, doing the same jobs as the longshanks.

It's a Midlam project, so you know what that means;
      Maybe a stretch goal, very possibly an early fulfillment, and absolutely no nonsense. 

• By Mckenna35
      Picked up a bunch of the CAV terrain before Christmas t use for CAV and/or 28mm sci-fi gaming. Have been working my way through it and thought I'd post what I've finished so far.

72607 Ammo dump

72608 Fuel dump

72610 Short Containers (3x sets)

72615 Bunkers

72611 Generators

Generator with a couple of 28mm Warlord figures to show how it looks in that scale

• By Mckenna35
      Finished a couple more gang members for Warlord Games Judge Dredd game.  Painted with reaper and Vallejo.  In theory they'll get used for demos so I didn't want to burn a lot f time on the bases.  These were some of their first figures in their new resin.  It's kind of like Bones I as far as material goes.  Also think they some of their early  ones in 3d modelling as the "engraving" is almost too light.  makes it hard to pick out details and you've got to be careful not to apply too heavy a coat or you'll fill in lines pretty easily.

• By Chaoswolf
      'Scorch' Sotniko was hot. This whole damn world was hot, but this stinking jungle somehow seemed to be hotter still. The other mercenaries he was moving through the jungle with looked like they were feeling about the same as he was. Strange Midnight, their scout, didn't seem to be bothered as much as everyone else, but that was because he came from the rad deserts of Zargove-3. This was just a nice stroll in the woods for him. Scorch knew that they'd be at the rendezvous point in another half hour or so, and then he'd get a break. He'd be able to refill his canteens, as well as to remove the heavy Intergalactic Marine Expeditionary Force armor that he'd gotten a few months back off the black market. Between the heavy armor, the protective anti-flash gear, the flamethrower he was carrying, and all the rest of his gear, he had a fairly heavy load. It'd be good to able to shed the weight, even if only for a little while. Some of the other guys gave him grief about his chosen equipment, but they hadn't seen what the bugs they were hunting could do to a man; Scorch had. From what he'd heard, the IMEF armor was supposed to offer a substantial amount of protection from the claws and fangs that most of their current enemy was armed with. Likewise, the flamethrower was good for keeping them at a distance and killing whole swaths of the things at once. Yeah, it might be hot, but the way Scorch figured it, that was better than all the screamin', bleedin' and dyin' he remembered from his first encounter with the bugs.

Nothing fancy, just a fairly quick tabletop paint job to shake the rust off.

• By ced1106
      I'm backing this because the kobolds look more like Scottish terriers! 

$100 level has 40+ miniatures and FREE USA shipping!

RBJ Game Company has created 18 KS projects, mostly miniatures. Let me know your experience with them if you backed before.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1620164718/yippers-and-squealers/description

• Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)