CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was planning on just getting the paint the terrain and a vehicle or two but I suddenly had the thought that if I got the Basic Training set that might get me off my butt and actually playing CAV and thus would, ex post facto, justify all the CAV I got in the previous Kickstarters.   I have the rulebook and CAV looks like a fun game but, with so many games out there, sometimes you need an kick in the posterior to get started.

I will have to sleep on it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Reaper User
52 minutes ago, Brother Jim said:

If I didn't have any money to back the kickstarter, but I might have some fun money in Dec, would I be able to use the pledge manager (even if it costs me more than if I had backed the KS)???

Thanks.

Yes, the PM will be open at least till March.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
14 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I was planning on just getting the paint the terrain and a vehicle or two but I suddenly had the thought that if I got the Basic Training set that might get me off my butt and actually playing CAV and thus would, ex post facto, justify all the CAV I got in the previous Kickstarters.   I have the rulebook and CAV looks like a fun game but, with so many games out there, sometimes you need an kick in the posterior to get started.

I will have to sleep on it.

NOOOOOO!!!!! DON'T SLEEP ON IT!!!!!! DOOOOOOOEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

Yes, the PM will be open at least till March.

As has been said before . . . . AWESOME!!!!

Ok, For the most part what I have left is big stuff and the chances are I'll pick those up sooner than later . . . 

• Like 2
  • Reaper User
18 minutes ago, HornedTurtle said:

I am debating on the terrain set, I'm not sure that I would use like half of it. Right now I am looking at the paint sets and a lot of Haunts and Pillagers, lol

Well half of it at retail will be at least $50 so figure that into your thought process :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Don't know if the Pledge Manager is set up to handle multiple pictures or changes very well, but is it possible to add the Data cards along with the pictures to the "Show me" button?

I'm going through and picking the stuff I want but cant remember which models have what and keep trying to look back and forth to see if I want more of certain ones...

• Like 2
  • Reaper User
2 hours ago, Corsair said:

Question for you Boss. If we do hit the next target $ goals, could it be possible to allow to purchase any or all of the next two packs? You wouldn't even have to add them to the Core Set to make most us us very happy!

I would love too but that extra is already going towards the terrain I added without making it a SG.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Inarah
      The challenge is 30 minis in 30 days (not necessarily 1 mini each day.) I've been prepping a few figures each week since August, and this year's theme is Science Fiction: 

Team Terminator:

XairBot (Small) 49012
      XairBot (Medium) 49013
      CyberReavers I (2) 50354
      CyberReavers II (2) 50355
      unknown?
      unknown?

Team Survivor:

HESCO barriers (2)
      Starship Generator 80053
      Tess, Adventuring Heroine 49020
      Slade, Cyborg Hero 49018
      Nova Corp:Female 80013
      Nova Corp:Soldier 80012

Terrain:

Gothic Tank Traps/objective markers (2)
      3d printed scatter terrain
      Crates (Large and Small)(2) 77248
      Jersey Barriers (2)

More Stuff:

IMEF: Reggie Van Zandt 80017
      Viceroy Enforcers (3) 30029
      Starship Generator 80053 #2

Obligatory Fantasy:

Cats&Catacombs
      wight? 
      Benedict Baker 
      elf w/bow
      elf
      DGS games female

Not shown: Blood Nebula Mercenary 49017, Power Generator 72611 (2)-- still in blister packs. 

That gets me to 30-ish, depending on whether I count things like the barriers and crates as single pieces or not.  Still working on getting the last few pieces washed and primed and identified. 

• By Inarah
      I went with saturated colors on this one.  Enough of the black and brown, this Sascha is from a dimension where the future's so bright you gotta wear shades. 

• By Inarah
      Black on black, your standard sci-fi street-runner.  Gave his coat a touch of purple just to give the eye something to look at.  

• By Inarah
      Painted this guy waaay back in April.  Been a while since I did any show off threads...  Anyway, had fun making his carapace look shiny.  This was also a special needs Bathalian, coming to me with a missing tentacle. I was able to carve one out of some leftover sprue that I keep on hand for such emergencies. 

I'm looking forward to painting his friends. 

• By lexomatic
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1241236607/wickerpunk-rpg?ref=activity

Hi, we're Crow Land Publishing, and here's our first book, Wickerpunk. A supplement book for Dungeons and Dragons 5th Edition, with application for all fantasy and horror games, such as Pathfinder, Call Of Cthulhu and even superhero games, like Champions. It will be 275 pages.
      Folk horror – horror and supernatural fiction that relies on elements of the past, folklore, superstition, the dreadful majesty of nature, the darkest urges of old religion. And old gods. Where the landscape itself is a symbol of fear and dark majesty. 

Heroic fantasy – a dream of blades and magic, a dream of defiance of the dark powers of the world, where we can be our truest ideals of our self. 

And when these genres collide – we have Wickerpunk.  A genre in which the ancient and natural world of the Wyld meets the imperialist world of Industry.
      If you like film such as Gawain and the Green Knight, Dragonslayer and The VVitch, you'll like our book.
      If you like games such as Maiden of Sker, Greedfall, and Hellblade, you’ll like our book. 

If you like anime such as Princess Mononoke, The Ancient Magus’ Bride and Faery Gone, you’ll like our book.
      If you like TV shows such as The Witcher, Game of Thrones, (especially the White Walkers stuff!) and the classic 1980s Robin of Sherwood, you’ll like our book. 
      If you like novels such as The Mists of Avalon, The Dark Is Rising and The Broken Sword, you’ll like our book. 
      Wickerpunk is a sourcebook that instructs GMs and players alike on what wickerpunk looks like in a game of D&D or any fantasy roleplaying game.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)