CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

CAVBOSS

• Reaper User

63376303d1059da1d6cc54f98e04742a_origina

Jan 18 2019

CAV3 KICKSTARTER UPDATE!!! [18 JAN 2019]

a7c44ee8320a01c1e60908765e2ca2d3_origina

Welcome to 2019!!!

Its that time for an update so everyone can follow along with our progress to bring this latest batch of incredibly awesome figures to life. We are just as excited as you to get these in our hands as fast as possible so we can throw them into the fray (especially as the Templars and Malverns are my two favorite factions)!

So, where are we?

We have finally gotten all the master files sized and posed as well as making any changes requested by the manufacturer to make final production go as smooth as possible on their end. With files in hand they are working on creating the first set of master proofs. These will allow both sides to make sure we are all on the same page. They have had these for awhile and I hope to get them back before they break for the Chinese New Year on Feb 5th (crosses fingers).

Once we ok these they will start on the actual molds, sending us a second set of “proofs” shot from the new molds to catch any last-minute problems and to make sure these are ABSOULUTELY what we want!

Note…

In case you heard the announcement of Reaper’s new Bones Black, this is the same process/plastic we are now using (as already seen with the Enforcer CAV from KS2), cast in the same gray color we have always used. We will probably come up with some fancy name down the pipe so people can know difference between new plastic from CAV KS 1 and 2 but it really just comes down to the “hardness” value the plastic is cast in. While we have improved that value with previous figures, the level we are now using requires a different mold setup that prevents us from going back and redoing earlier figures without redoing molds.

c3dd8b245bff91c3cea6be696afe4f9a_origina

Anyway, back to the update…

With the proofs approved, the manufacturer will start with the final production (this is several 10s of thousands of figures btw) and getting them shipped over to us for final fulfillment. I think we are well ahead time wise and think we are still on track for an earlier than expected delivery to you!

So right now, we are waiting just like you but have switched gears a bit to get the aircraft masters ready for Trenchworx to begin the resin production. I should have lots of pictures to show off on these for the next update!

I’ve added a few pictures from our “sizing” masters we did in-house with a Dictator B included to give you a sense of scale. Hopefully you will like where we ended up with all the figures as I know I was super excited to see them all in their final glory!

Thanks again for all of your support!

CAVBoss   

(From L to R) Centurion, Crusader, Sovereign III, Spartan (and a Dictator B for scale).(From L to R) Centurion, Crusader, Sovereign III, Spartan (and a Dictator B for scale).

(From L to R) Revenant, Butcher, Haunt, and Shadow (and a Dictator B for scale).(From L to R) Revenant, Butcher, Haunt, and Shadow (and a Dictator B for scale).

(From L to R) Pillager, Obake, Ghost, and Shade (and a Dictator B for scale).(From L to R) Pillager, Obake, Ghost, and Shade (and a Dictator B for scale).

(From L to R) Gladiator II, Duelist, Warhawk and Starhawk V variant (and a Dictator B for scale).(From L to R) Gladiator II, Duelist, Warhawk and Starhawk V variant (and a Dictator B for scale).

(From L to R) Lance, Poltergeist, Outlaw, and Sabre (and a Dictator B for scale).(From L to R) Lance, Poltergeist, Outlaw, and Sabre (and a Dictator B for scale).

(From L to R) Charger, Banshee, Flail, and Hunter (and a Dictator B for scale).(From L to R) Charger, Banshee, Flail, and Hunter (and a Dictator B for scale).

• Like 4

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

...Definitely going to need a bigger crowbar for my wallet, because I'm going to want to try and get more than just two of each aircraft then...

I'm planning to get at least one more set of the aircraft, or maybe just multiples of a couple of them, but I'll have to wait till after the US Government opens back up. Well, at least the part I work for. ::D:

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Maredudd said:

I'm planning to get at least one more set of the aircraft, or maybe just multiples of a couple of them, but I'll have to wait till after the US Government opens back up. Well, at least the part I work for. ::D:

Aircraft are probably the only things not in the current budget, hence why I'm hoping it's at least middle to end of March before pledge manager closes, although I'm also hoping to change the budget so I can shoehorn at least two core sets in there.  Current plan is to work towards at least one core set, two terrain sets, at least a set of every tank (except the Banshee, which will be at least two sets), the paints, and then whatever else I can squeeze in.  I'd be pretty happy to get four sets of aircraft, since I seem to enjoy the number four for some reason. ^_^;;;;

• Like 3

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Aircraft are probably the only things not in the current budget, hence why I'm hoping it's at least middle to end of March before pledge manager closes, although I'm also hoping to change the budget so I can shoehorn at least two core sets in there.  Current plan is to work towards at least one core set, two terrain sets, at least a set of every tank (except the Banshee, which will be at least two sets), the paints, and then whatever else I can squeeze in.  I'd be pretty happy to get four sets of aircraft, since I seem to enjoy the number four for some reason. ^_^;;;;

While planning my next contribution to the CAV:SO effort I did some quick calculations and decided it would actually be cheaper for me to pick up a second Core Set rather than pick up multiples of the pieces I really like . . . ::D:

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Maredudd said:

While planning my next contribution to the CAV:SO effort I did some quick calculations and decided it would actually be cheaper for me to pick up a second Core Set rather than pick up multiples of the pieces I really like . . . ::D:

And that's pretty much why I'm looking at two core sets myself ^_^

• Like 3

As an update, I did make a pledge from CAV 3 in the pledge manager, and I finished my 3rd ever mech a few days back. I've not painted a Falcon, Nightshade and a Thunderbird. I'm in no way conforming to the color schemes as set forth for the factions, but I'm having a lot of fun doing it. My friends are stressing bc I've been painting mechs instead of stuff for our DND game :lol:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2