CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

CAVBOSS

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Again, I don't really have a need of more CAV stuff.  But this pic is a strong argument for taking another look at the PM

unnamed (1).jpg

It's even more telling in that pic, but that's partially why I have two ordered, and hope to get a few more ^_^

They're gorgeous!  (not quite as gorgeous as my 1:48 scale A10 I am very slowly putting together, but still - that's kind of an unfair comparison anyways! - I bet there's more detail on the resin Tsuiseki though!) 

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Again, I don't really have a need of more CAV stuff.  But this pic is a strong argument for taking another look at the PM

unnamed (1).jpg

I really like the resin model as well. So much so that I've pledge for more than one . . . 

• Like 3

• Reaper User
On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 6:41 PM, HornedTurtle said:

CAVBOSS Is there any chance of getting pictures of some of the terrain next to sir forscale?  Not on the kickstarter page, that might confuse people but here on the forums.

I will see if I can come up with one and take a few.

• Like 4

On 5/23/2019 at 2:40 PM, WhiteWulfe said:

Still good to go for a while on pledge manager? ^_^

Update #21 went out about an hour ago.  Looks like 12 midnight CST on June 30th, 2019 pledge manager is closing.

Sweet, got time to still get that extra terrain, a few more CAVs, and hopefully another Tsuiseki II or... two.  I hope ^_^;;;

EDIT: Got a question that's come to mind, although I suspect the answer might not come until after fulfillment...  When they hit retail, will we be able to purchase just the shipping containers, or is the retail packaging on the terrain something still being decided?

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 1

• Reaper User

Reposting Update #21 to make sure all of our backers get a chance to read it! :)

TALON GAMES CAV3 KICKSTARTER UPDATE 5.24.2019

Greetings and salutations!

First off, I want to take a moment to thank all of our backers and supporters for helping to make this project possible. Without you, there would be no project, and like you, I'm anxiously awaiting all of these cool, new models to paint and get on the battlefield ASAP!

Anyway, on to the update…

Frequently Asked Questions:

When will my rewards ship?

At this time, we remain on schedule to begin fulfillment in September 2019. As we did in our previous projects, we will package all orders in Denton, TX, and ship all US orders direct to our backers. All others will ship out to their appropriate hub and be forwarded from there to the backer.

What about Brexit and US tariffs?

Right now the best answer I can give is we are watching both events to see how they will impact our shipping. We are in the dark just like everyone else, and no one has the right answer until they happen (if at all). We are exploring a few options that may help to mitigate either of them, but for now, all we can really do is monitor both situations.

What about shipping fees?

Once the CAV3 pledge manager is closed, we will start putting together a list for each order and the fees that may be associated with shipping them to you. Once we have this determined, we will be contacting each backer and invoicing them for the amount due. At this time we will also be asking for your shirt sizes for those that backed at the CAV Dropship Pledge Level.

Speaking of the Pledge Manager closing…ef64afe0eb00b9f9caa7ff5db8a9e85b_origina

As of 12 midnight (CST) on June 30th, 2019 the CAV3 KS Pledge Manager will close, and you WILL NOT be able to add any more items to your pledge! Please log in and make sure you have allocated any funds you may have pledged and any extra rewards you may want as well as paying for any additional amounts that may be due.

Don't be that person who neglects to lock in their order and does not receive a rewards package when we begin fulfillment in September 2019!

What Happens Now? 

Once the Talon CAV3 Pledge Manager is closed, we have a fair amount of behind the scenes work to do. We will be gathering final numbers to lock in our final ordering of product from the factory. We have to do this quickly to remain on track for our expected ship date. 

We have to resolve as many of the incomplete CAV3 Pledge Manager accounts as possible. Our plan is as follows: 

• Incomplete Order in Pledge Manager is equal to or less than the Pledge Amount: We lock the order in; any remaining pledge amount is a donation to the project. 
  • Incomplete Order in Pledge Manager is greater than Pledge Amount yet less than a dollar: We will manually lock the order in. 
  • Incomplete Order in Pledge Manager is greater than the Pledge Amount: We will attempt to contact the backer one final time with a short time limit to resolve their order and then purge the remaining cart.
  • Unclaimed Pledge: We attempt to contact the backer one final time with a short time limit to resolve and then pledge is forfeit. 

If you have at least one Completed Order, you are not considered to be an Incomplete Order. 

How does a person check to see if they have a completed order? 

By following the Completed Orders link on their CAV3 Pledge Manager. 

The Talon Games CAV3 Pledge Manager link is: https://ks.reapermini.com/cav3

If you see at least one order under Completed Orders, then you're fine. 

How does a person update their shipping address? 

By logging into their CAV3 Pledge Manager account and making that update at:

https://ks.reapermini.com/cav3 

You may have to refresh the page, clear your cookies or cache and/or log out to see that it did take.

Please remember Your Backer Responsibility in this Kickstarter! 

If you do not log in and confirm your pledge in the Talon Games CAV3 Pledge Manager by June 30th, 2019, you agree that we have fulfilled our obligations to you in full for payment or donations received. However, we may, at our discretion, ship your pledge if you contact us and confirm your pledge afterward. 

Unconfirmed pledges make it difficult for us to plan production and logistics. If you confirm your pledge late (after June 30th, 2019), some items may not still be available. This means that part, if not all, of your rewards, may not be available and/or your pledge may be forfeit. 

You are responsible for all fees associated with the transit and acceptance by you to complete delivery. These include, but are not limited to: import duties or any other duties that may be payable to the relevant and taxing authorities, VAT and GST due and delivery acceptance, brokerage and collection charges. 

You are required to provide correct address information and ensure this address is deliverable by normal methods before your rewards are shipped. 

You must have your address correct and up to date in the Talon Games CAV3 Pledge Manager when we announce shipping is beginning. You may change it at any time until then. There may be a shipping surcharge associated with changing countries. 

Rewards returned to us as undeliverable will be shipped again postage prepaid by the Backer. 

Other Problems 

If you have other problems, please email us at custserv(at)talon-games(dot)com. Be sure to specify what project you're having a problem with (this is CAV3). That same help desk handles all customer service for all of Talon Game's retail and consumer orders, as well as our previous projects, so they need your help knowing how to best help you. 

Please don’t include screenshots or attachments, as we have stringent security protocols which filter these out and delete the messages containing them. 

Model Previews

The factory has been sending us over pictures of the final masters they use when building molds. I think you can see in these pictures below we have done a pretty good job in bringing out the detail in each model. Once all the molds are complete, they will send us our physical copies to go over (and yes we will share pictures!) before beginning final production.

486a6db5475a58e02a204f353cc7f881_origina98c19bb3103f90c722fae71300ac85da_origina2177c93079d83a6b228297e7458aebd7_origina7be5fd5f071b585e74d717a4dcd5bee3_origina6c47d9d728166adf33aa6bd8d78b8525_originaeed39c8df679a76c0fdbacdeeee4e070_origina53ff627e9af047171948c1933dd4adb0_origina52a2dee2319a595bb03315a8ace0962b_origina739d1f784cbe694439afd209267f4a4e_originacea4a426b15082b8e1114f20b947b368_origina84435b46eb3b6d963b1b6541f20a5843_originae8e707e77a7b2aadc510a2139b078715_originaaa13e0b160774e79faf56d0b33cefce9_origina7d06434c7ea468a5b2648aaee06d308e_originaa0bdfeb60bf5aaa8f91dba9dccea67d0_origina32e3490474179aebdccaee9e000e2629_origina0685ed596138f731a33d0fb7db0f4a92_origina01ef9cf29a209f33c8c3cad020b038dd_originaa66a485f691ac432d0d822613675d68b_originab716e852064a79e210c3e2b709d7dbb1_originabfc86d23f905d708c32c359ff18c848f_origina

Have a great Memorial Weekend (for those that observe it this weekend) and we will “see” you again next update!!!

Best

CAVBOSS

18 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Update #21 went out about an hour ago.  Looks like 12 midnight CST on June 30th, 2019 pledge manager is closing.

Sweet, got time to still get that extra terrain, a few more CAVs, and hopefully another Tsuiseki II or... two.  I hope ^_^;;;

EDIT: Got a question that's come to mind, although I suspect the answer might not come until after fulfillment...  When they hit retail, will we be able to purchase just the shipping containers, or is the retail packaging on the terrain something still being decided?

Retail packaging has not been decided yet, but my thoughts are they will be broken up into at least groups as opposed to the entire package being offered here.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

Retail packaging has not been decided yet, but my thoughts are they will be broken up into at least groups as opposed to the entire package being offered here.

Definitely glad to hear that such is the current thoughts on it all.  I ask about the shipping containers, because a part of me is tempted to make a "small" container yard as either a diorama, or as part of a cityfight type board ^_^

• Like 1