Sign in to follow this  
CAVBOSS

CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

On 9/25/2019 at 4:44 PM, CAVBOSS said:

Our freight forwarder is "talking" with the factory, so I would say we are getting close. :)

So @CAVBOSS that was about getting them on a boat?

Our closing on the house is Nov 8th so...likely the new place?

Also just wanted put something in here.  That rowdy Bones V thread up there is getting all the attention.... :poke:

• Like 3

I agree, it would be nice to see something even if it's just a "hey here's your shipping bill" kind of post :p

This thread is dignified and civilized.  That one is complete and utter chaos. 

• Like 3

I just got a shipping invoice.. which is double the cost of the 2 minis i ordered lol.. its ok though.. thats how nuts shipping is these days

• Like 2

I totally missed we were being charged for shipping. I assumed I had already paid it like in other Reaper KSers.

• Like 1

Wow, I ask a question and 20 minutes later there is a KS update and folks are getting shipping invoices...talk about service!!!

(I'm sure there is no possibility that it was just a coincidence. None at all.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

Wow, I ask a question and 20 minutes later there is a KS update and folks are getting shipping invoices...talk about service!!!

(I'm sure there is no possibility that it was just a coincidence. None at all.)

I agree, it's awesome!

Oooh, we get ours later in the week, okay. ^_^

• Like 2

Sorry it took so long. Trying to figure out a better way then PayPal Batch Invoicing didn't strike gold. We didn't charge shipping through the PM because we took a beating last KS.

We tried to be as fair with it as we could but after figuring shipping from China, postage to backers (which went way up this year), materials and labor this was about as close as we could without actually paying it out of our pocket.

These smaller KS just have no room for eating anything and I'm already paying for a lot of the models so we could get more produced. Im sure that some people may be paying a couple of dollars extra and some a little less, but without holding every package and figuring up shipping right then and waiting for someone to pay, I thought we were pretty close, though some will/do disagree, and if you know me, you I hate that but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

You have been great at keeping us posted on what is going on. We DO appreciate it, even when the news is not ideal. Thanks

• Like 4

6 hours ago, SamuraiJack said:

I just got a shipping invoice.. which is double the cost of the 2 minis i ordered lol.. its ok though.. thats how nuts shipping is these days

I got sent a invoice for 15 dollars for a 3x shirt I didnt even order (or wear, I'm big but not that big!::D:)

I'm only in for 2 sets of paints (so 4 sets 2 each). I've already have paid pledge amount & a paypal amount (March) for both sets + shipping. 

I've sent emails off to the appropriate people (hopefully). It did get me looking at past emails I've had with this KS. I might have slight problem which of course I sent emails off to resolve. 

• Like 2

I’ll knock mine out when I get home today!! Glad to see it moving to conclusion. 

6 hours ago, haldir said:

I got sent a invoice for 15 dollars for a 3x shirt I didnt even order (or wear, I'm big but not that big!::D:)

I'm only in for 2 sets of paints (so 4 sets 2 each). I've already have paid pledge amount & a paypal amount (March) for both sets + shipping. 

I've sent emails off to the appropriate people (hopefully). It did get me looking at past emails I've had with this KS. I might have slight problem which of course I sent emails off to resolve. 

The shirt is like an expansion set during a Reaper Bones KS. Room for your own personal expansion, Randy. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, haldir said:

Hi Randy,

We tried to explain this better in the Note to Buyer and will also be posting a better explanation in a bit as to how we arrived at the final shipping charges. Due to the limitations of PayPal Batch Invoicing, you cannot list line items separately and cannot leave the Item Amount blank. So we listed everything you might be being charged for, but if the shipping amount box was empty, the item amount is for shipping only. So no T-Shirt. As to any previous shipping amounts you might of paid, we did not charge anyone shipping until now. Hopefully my longer shipping explanation will help, so stay tuned!

• Like 5

Greetings!

I know there has been some confusion on how we have charged shipping and the amounts we are asking for, so in an effort for transparency, I'm going to try and to explain. Hopefully this will answer most questions and concerns.

1. Terran Sets: It may not seem apparent, but the Terrain Sets ended up being bigger than the Core Sets. There are almost twice as many models, and it weighs quite a bit more (as well as actual volume it takes up in a box). I thought it was important to get these made, so I offered it as a option at over half the price we should have asked for. So basically I paid for half of everyone who got one or more of these (I think last time I looked it was around 400 of them). We run these KS to really just pay for molds and initial production and with them being smaller, there just isn't any "meat left on the bone" for anything else without cutting down on over all models. Its the model we have used and its worked out well so far other than what I will explain more about in a bit. I'm not sure what the final retail prices for each model will be yet, but there is well over $200 retail worth of models there. A pretty great bargain, especially as we don't use KS as a pre-order/sale system price wise.

2. Dropship Pilot Backers: We used this level to encourage people to put a little bit more money into the pot and rewarded it with the t-Shirt and other goodies. But, we also allowed everyone to use that extra $25 to also buy product. We had promised shirts up to 2X and later after talking to our final supplier, we found we could get larger ones but they were quite a bit more due to the small amount we would need (17 extra shirts actually). While the three larger sizes averaged out to $12 extra each, we asked those backers to pay an extra $10 for them, especially since they had technically not paid for one at all. I feel we were above board on letting people know about this option without hiding anything in the "fine print."

3. KS 2 cost us a bit over $9000 to supply free shipping(and that doesn't include the shipping fee for bringing it across the ocean). We didn't put that into the campaign, again as we concentrated on increasing the final model count. I know a lot of people think shipping is just about getting a free box from the post office and slapping some stamps on it, but in reality it just doesn't work that way. A shipping container from China runs about $4,000 dollars, which about half the models go to KS backers, so lets say $2000 there. We spend another $500 on boxes (we don't use the post office ones as its really hard to fit these in them some time and we choose 2 or 3 sizes that work better at getting orders filled), $100 worth of tape and labels, paypal takes over $500 for processing the invoices, and based on the last KS we had over 200 man-hours in set up, sorting, pulling the order, and packaging it...so there's another $2000 for labor. So before we ever charge anything for postage we have already spent $5300. With 550 orders this go around, that's $9.64 average per order. With USPS increasing their rates this year (the minimum for priority is around $8) and for larger boxes and weights really going nuts (its actually cheaper now to use UPS for a lot of these), postage is just nuts.

I set six tiers of shipping charges averaged on weight and volume with overall cost and with the help of a quick Excel sheet, separated everyone into which tier they fit in. Now I will admit that the people that were right over a lower tier level cut-off might of paid a bit more in relation to someone that was right under the high side, but we kept the spreads pretty close to avoid that. Smaller orders are paying a larger amount of shipping relative to what they ordered because of everything I have already discussed. I'm sorry for that, but without me paying for your postage too, it cant be helped.

4. PayPal Batch Invoicing: It sucks! You cant list separate items, and you can leave an item amount blank and just put something in the shipping box. If we split up the shipping amount it really got screwed up. So I made the best of it and listed under Items Description everything you might be paying for, leaving the shipping box empty if all you were paying for is shipping. The old PM isn't set up to collect shipping after the fact and it has been officially retired. I do promise, if we ever do a KS again, that we will have a better and more transparent system in place that we have overall control of to avoid a lot of these problems.

So hopefully this explains things a bit better (and I'm sure I forgot something). If you have any other questions, I will do my best to answer them as quickly as possible.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 5