Sign in to follow this  
CAVBOSS

CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

Not trying to be a pain but 15 dollars shipping for paints made in the US (ie Reaper HQ)? I think there should have been a shipping option for just paints as they are the only thing made in the US in this Ks (if I'm not mistaken).

Again, not trying to be a pain & I totally get shipping costs, but that feels pretty high to me.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, haldir said:

Not trying to be a pain but 15 dollars shipping for paints made in the US (ie Reaper HQ)? I think there should have been a shipping option for just paints as they are the only thing made in the US in this Ks (if I'm not mistaken).

Again, not trying to be a pain & I totally get shipping costs, but that feels pretty high to me.

Answered by email, but will copy here so people don't think Im ignoring you! :)

"No worries, you have questions and I get it. Looking at your order, the 4 sets of paint weigh almost 1.5 pounds, so minimum just for postage is $8. While the shipping of stuff from China doesn’t figure into your order, if I take that off the average I had listed, it still makes it $6 to just process. So I may be off a dollar at worst case. As I noted smaller orders see it the worst because of the minimum charges that are there no matter what. We are basically selling these at the price Reaper charges me, so there isn’t any room there to help offset these costs like we would have at full retail prices. Hope that helps a bit to explain."

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

48 minutes ago, haldir said:

Huh.  That is not optimal, certainly.

It does however retroactively justify my giving in to temptation when originally I was just going to get the paint. 

Also, the resin aircraft were made by Trenchworx in the US.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

I wasn't sure if those were US or not so I left them out I should have remembered, as I met them at LVO earlier this year.....duh.

No worries, @CAVBOSS, the emails cleared up my concerns. Hopefully we won't get the great Reaper paint mix up of '19 episode 2 with this KS. (I know no one wants that to happen again!).

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, lowlylowlycook said:

Huh.  That is not optimal, certainly.

It does however retroactively justify my giving in to temptation when originally I was just going to get the paint. 

Well with just two sets of paint, the retail would be 44.28, so had you bought them, you would of paid $34.00 total with shipping, so around 25% off. Two sets each would be $88.56 for $63.00 total with shipping, so almost 30% off.

The same example from above applies to TW stuff, but adding in their shipping bill to us.

2 minutes ago, haldir said:

I wasn't sure if those were US or not so I left them out I should have remembered, as I met them at LVO earlier this year.....duh.

No worries, @CAVBOSS, the emails cleared up my concerns. Hopefully we won't get the great Reaper paint mix up of '19 episode 2 with this KS. (I know no one wants that to happen again!).

Please don't curse us...find some wood quickly and knock! :)

Thanks Randy.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Thanks for writing up more on things!  I'm kind of wishing I had gotten a second terrains et now, but such is life - I know I'll still wind up getting more things once they come to retail ^_^

While I wait on my invoice (we were told they're coming soon for international backers, which is good enough for me) I am curious given the mention of Reaper's pledge manager - assuming you're able to talk about this (if not it's perfectly fine), have they extended/offered their newer, shinier PM for use in future Kickstarters? 

• Like 2

Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

Thanks for writing up more on things!  I'm kind of wishing I had gotten a second terrains et now, but such is life - I know I'll still wind up getting more things once they come to retail ^_^

While I wait on my invoice (we were told they're coming soon for international backers, which is good enough for me) I am curious given the mention of Reaper's pledge manager - assuming you're able to talk about this (if not it's perfectly fine), have they extended/offered their newer, shinier PM for use in future Kickstarters? 

While its certainly an option, going forward I think we will use a section of our online store and issue backers a gift card to use as we can set their accounts to see backer prices and such. That way anyone can get in when they want and keep adding to order as well as getting a better shipping module to work real time. Still working on details.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, CAVBOSS said:

going forward I think we will use a section of our online store and issue backers a gift card to use as we can set their accounts to see backer prices and such. That way anyone can get in when they want and keep adding to order as well as getting a better shipping module to work real time.

From the standpoint of a backer, this seems like a perfect solution. Hopefully it will prove to be feasible from your end as well.

And like @haldir (apparently), I am all about the paints (since I do only fantasy). So please (for future projects): moar paints!

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, CAVBOSS said:

While its certainly an option, going forward I think we will use a section of our online store and issue backers a gift card to use as we can set their accounts to see backer prices and such. That way anyone can get in when they want and keep adding to order as well as getting a better shipping module to work real time. Still working on details.

West Wind has done that for their last few kickstarters and it has worked pretty well.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Is it bad that I'm impatiently waiting for that shipping costs invoice to arrive? >.>;;;

Its coming...just lost a bit of drive this week to go back and work on them again! If you are needing to plan, honestly I think they will all be under $50 USD (at least for all the shipping part and I'm going high to pad that prediction for the bigger boxes). I'm waiting to find out what VAT and other taxes we need to collect on our end. I paid $40 today for a KS I backed for a regular sized boxed item. Just the way of the world.

*Disclaimer: I'm just guessing on this based on what it cost for KS2 when we did the same thing so don't start burning down our shop if that number makes you mad! :) Please!

Edited by CAVBOSS
  • Like 4

Just now, CAVBOSS said:

Its coming...just lost a bit of drive this week to go back and work on them again! If you are needing to plan, honestly I think they will all be under $50 USD (at least for all the shipping part and I'm going high to pad that prediction for the bigger boxes). I'm waiting to find out what VAT and other taxes we need to collect on our end. I paid $40 today for a KS I backed for a regular sized boxed item. Just the way of the world.

We don't have VAT here in Canada.  Did you mean GST by chance? ^_^  (and I suppose PST and HST, but being in Alberta, I don't have to worry about that, mwa ha ha ha ha!)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, WhiteWulfe said:

We don't have VAT here in Canada.  Did you mean GST by chance? ^_^  (and I suppose PST and HST, but being in Alberta, I don't have to worry about that, mwa ha ha ha ha!)

Yeah those...sorry. We have some of it when it crosses border and goes out of Ontario.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, CAVBOSS said:

Yeah those...sorry. We have some of it when it crosses border and goes out of Ontario.

It's alright, I suspected that's what you meant!  In the end, it's an extra cost that has to be added on, and I'd suspect people appreciate such being added into the overall cost because it then means there isn't a nice big surprise fee tacked on by the shipping company.  Sure would be handy if every province and territory was the same, so accounting would be much easier in that regard (instead of having to do 13 seperate calculations depending on where it's going!)

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

It's alright, I suspected that's what you meant!  In the end, it's an extra cost that has to be added on, and I'd suspect people appreciate such being added into the overall cost because it then means there isn't a nice big surprise fee tacked on by the shipping company.  Sure would be handy if every province and territory was the same, so accounting would be much easier in that regard (instead of having to do 13 seperate calculations depending on where it's going!)

Have you had to pay anything for your orders when delivered from our website? I would imagine if you didn't then you probably wont on this. The stuff for crossing border isn't bad, as we get to use our costs when figuring that part.

• Like 3