Sign in to follow this  
CAVBOSS

CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

1 minute ago, CAVBOSS said:

Have you had to pay anything for your orders when delivered from our website? I would imagine if you didn't then you probably wont on this. The stuff for crossing border isn't bad, as we get to use our costs when figuring that part.

As far as I know, I have not had anything extra added on.  Well, other than obviously paying to get the minis shipped in the first place, naturally.

• Like 2

Just now, WhiteWulfe said:

As far as I know, I have not had anything extra added on.  Well, other than obviously paying to get the minis shipped in the first place, naturally.

I think all of your orders have been free, shipping wise, do to the overall amount bought, but that's at retail so I wasn't sure if they tried to add something on it at delivery. We may be paying anything like that on our end for you up there, but not sure.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

I think all of your orders have been free, shipping wise, do to the overall amount bought, but that's at retail so I wasn't sure if they tried to add something on it at delivery. We may be paying anything like that on our end for you up there, but not sure.

Yup, I have a habit of doing what I can for my orders to reach the free shipping levels.  Doesn't hurt I like to order 5-8 CAVs at a time, either ^_^

Only reason I haven't put an order in for the CAVCon minis is that I'm holding some money to the side to make sure I have the cash to pay for shipping on two Kickstarters ^_^

• Like 3

I have been in every CAV kickstarter so far. This time I didn't get the core set and I didn't get terrain. Shipping was more than 20% of my total order. that effectively negates a large portion of the Kickstarter appeal. I understand that the costs of this one were higher than anticipated., but I feel a little like I am helping to subsidize other people's orders. I enjoy the hobby, but I hope next time things are planned better. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oelwyn said:

I have been in every CAV kickstarter so far. This time I didn't get the core set and I didn't get terrain. Shipping was more than 20% of my total order. that effectively negates a large portion of the Kickstarter appeal. I understand that the costs of this one were higher than anticipated., but I feel a little like I am helping to subsidize other people's orders. I enjoy the hobby, but I hope next time things are planned better. 

Just to be clear, there were no un-anticipated costs as far as the actual project. We just did not pay for any of the shipping or costs associated with getting your order out to you this time as I described in an earlier post. Shipping Vs what you bought is not relevant for the most part, especially for smaller orders. There is a set cost to shipping everything out no matter what was ordered or paid for and I cant give you what that will cost until we have paid for it as this is first time for doing it like this. If we do anymore going forward, we can be more exacting on letting people know what to expect.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1)  If my shipping is only $50 I'll be super happy.  I was expecting at least $100 based on everything I'm getting this time (and based on previous Reaper Bones Kickstarters).

2)  The "pay shipping after the kickstarter ends" seems to be becoming the norm (I think all but 1 of the last 6 or so I've backed are that way) and it is completely understandable.  First, KS doesn't take its percentage out of the shipping moneys.  And Second, shipping costs are so volatile these days that I've seen multiple kickstaters struggle due to postal rates increasing after the kickstarter completed but before fulfillment could begin.
And the minimum costs to ship things with dimensions is annoying but a reality.  If it won't fit through the little plastic slot...  I looked into shipping a single large fig to BC last year (so within Canada, but about as far as possibly) and it would have cost a min of $28 to ship a fig valued at $20.  I could have shipped up to a kg of figs (if they fit in that box) without the price of shipping increasing, but as he only wanted the one the cost of shipping was silly and I still have the fig.

• Like 5

Pretty much the same here - I'm expecting $40-50, even though I didn't order quite as much (one core set, one terrain set, two Tsuiseki II's, and two packs of Banshees), but shipping definitely isn't something that's cheap.

Never could understand why rates seem to steadily be moving towards being cheaper to ship something via courier than it is CanadaPost or USPS...  And they get the package to you faster, at least for me.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Pretty much the same here - I'm expecting $40-50, even though I didn't order quite as much (one core set, one terrain set, two Tsuiseki II's, and two packs of Banshees), but shipping definitely isn't something that's cheap.

Never could understand why rates seem to steadily be moving towards being cheaper to ship something via courier than it is CanadaPost or USPS...  And they get the package to you faster, at least for me.

CP and USPS are getting more expensive because they are having to up their game to remain competitive and don't get the pass they used to and those things cost money, especially in the major markets.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Has there been a chance to resume the invoices? ^_^:ph34r:

I promise to have Canada out no later than Friday evening. RoW I'm still waiting on shipping quotes. That stuff all goes over on a pallet and our freight forwarder is trying to find best way to get it over there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

So has the stuff already arrived from China? I figured at least another month before arriving from the last update.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Corsair said:

So has the stuff already arrived from China? I figured at least another month before arriving from the last update.

The feeling I'm getting is that as things are working together, shipping would be collected so once the shipment arrived they could move onto fulfilment fairly swiftly. Sending out invoices several weeks before fulfilment begins would also allow people to get the cash together if they hadn't set any aside for such, or if they'd done silly things like set it aside and then spend it in something shiny during said wait... ^_^;;;;;

I'm definitely curious as well though, because if it's en route, or even in the US, that's even better news! 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

The feeling I'm getting is that as things are working together, shipping would be collected so once the shipment arrived they could move onto fulfilment fairly swiftly. Sending out invoices several weeks before fulfilment begins would also allow people to get the cash together if they hadn't set any aside for such, or if they'd done silly things like set it aside and then spend it in something shiny during said wait... ^_^;;;;;

I'm definitely curious as well though, because if it's en route, or even in the US, that's even better news! 

I am betting you are correct, I just figured I would ask.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corsair said:

Well I know my order is in the US. ::D:

(Reaper made paints)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

At the end of Sept, everything was packaged and sitting on the dock at the factory ready for transport to the first available boat coming this way. The ENTIRE country took the first week of Oct off to celebrate the 70th anniversary of Chinese Communism. So, right now I'm just waiting on our freight forwarder to tell me what boat its going on and we would have it in Denton 3ish weeks after that. Other that and finishing up the billing for shipping, we are ready to go!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2