Sign in to follow this  
CAVBOSS

CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

On 10/9/2019 at 7:06 PM, CAVBOSS said:

I promise to have Canada out no later than Friday evening. RoW I'm still waiting on shipping quotes. That stuff all goes over on a pallet and our freight forwarder is trying to find best way to get it over there.

Hang in there. Still trying to get this sorted out and waiting for some numbers.

-- Pushing this till next Tues. Due to the holiday on Monday for US and Canada, the stuff I needed to finish up won't be here today as expected.

Edited by CAVBOSS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I may or may not have received shipping notification for Canada.

I'm expecting a bunch of shipments from different places, so I don't know if it's this one or not. But it started in Knoxville and weighs 10lbs, so it may be.

Edit: NOOOOOOOOOO!!! :unsure:

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

I may or may not have received shipping notification for Canada.

I'm expecting a bunch of shipments from different places, so I don't know if it's this one or not. But it started in Knoxville and weighs 10lbs, so it may be.

Not ours anyway...sorry. We are sending out CA shipping invoices in the next day or two. We received final charges today from our forwarder there.

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, CAVBOSS said:

Not ours anyway...sorry. We are sending out CA shipping invoices in the next day or two. We received final charges today from our forwarder there.

Ooooh, glad to hear this either way.  That money in a savings account is trying to burn a giant hole in my wallet/pocket!

EDIT: Can't resist asking - there wouldn't happen to be a chance to be able to "sneak" an order of a CAVCon shirt and some Fighting Pirahna transfers into our box, would there?  Such things sadly aren't available on the Canadian ordering site.

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 3

Still trying to lock in these last few so if you see your user name on this list, check your spam folders etc for the emails we have sent or email us ASAP! custserv(at)talon-games(dot)com

I will publish the list one more time in the update on Friday:

John Robert Lord

Jamie Blackman

Jeff Gregory

Justin Burr

John Mahaffy

Larry Shuping

Carey Delay

Dimiter Kolev

Ric Mohri

Steve Salotti

The Phalanx Consortium

Devon Harmon

Michael McMillen

Roger Hooten

William V. Grand

Jeff Logan

Justin Rodriguez

Mark Blanchard

Kimberly Rowland

Chris Mikucki

Thomas Davis

George Terry

Joseph E Blake

B

21 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Ooooh, glad to hear this either way.  That money in a savings account is trying to burn a giant hole in my wallet/pocket!

EDIT: Can't resist asking - there wouldn't happen to be a chance to be able to "sneak" an order of a CAVCon shirt and some Fighting Pirahna transfers into our box, would there?  Such things sadly aren't available on the Canadian ordering site.

We can always plan ahead on a regular order if needed, if you don't mind waiting on your order to ship with our restocks to CA forwarder, but we can always try with the KS stuff...just when you see me post "hey we are starting fulfillment tomorrow" to make sure you start bugging me then! :)

Also we have updated the FPG stuff with new prints and should have that stuff up this week or next.

While Im here...I just thought I would throw this out there...

KSPIC.jpg

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CAVBOSS said:

We can always plan ahead on a regular order if needed, if you don't mind waiting on your order to ship with our restocks to CA forwarder, but we can always try with the KS stuff...just when you see me post "hey we are starting fulfillment tomorrow" to make sure you start bugging me then! :)

Also we have updated the FPG stuff with new prints and should have that stuff up this week or next.

I think I'll try and work something out once all the Kickstarter madness has ended - it's probably the safer option!

1 hour ago, CAVBOSS said:

KSPIC.jpg

Oooooooooooh, that's a decent amount of boxes, to say the least.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

KSPIC.jpg

BIG STOMPY ROBOTS!!!!!

(With soft Squishy Insides!!!)

By th way, my puppy ate the f5 key . . . 

No, not really. I broke it . . . :B):

Edited by Maredudd
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

11 minutes ago, CAVBOSS said:

Canadian Backers... your shipping invoice from PayPal should be in your mailbox now. Thank you!

Got it!

Paid it!

Got receipt!

Now the REAL waiting starts.

[Looks out window to see if delivery truck is there]

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

CAV KS3 Update: 18 October, 2019

And a Happy “Not Monday” to you all! Several things to cover in this update including (so make sure to READ the parts pertinent to you!):

• Open Pledges Remaining
  • Shipping Invoices (US and CA backers only)
  • Shipping Invoices (RoW)
  • Where’s my stuff? Update

Open Pledges Remaining

We still have a few backers that we DO NOT HAVE a closed-out pledge for whatever reason. This means YOU WILL NOT get your rewards when we start final fulfillment and you risk NOT RECEIVING ANYTHING if we can’t get this resolved in a timely manner. So, PLEASE, PLEASE… if your KS Backer Name is on this list, email us today at custserv(at)talon-games(dot)com so we can get you locked in!!!

• John Robert Lord
  • Jamie Blackman
  • Jeff Gregory
  • Justin Burr
  • John Mahaffy
  • Larry Shuping
  • Carey Delay
  • Dimiter Kolev
  • Ric Mohri
  • Steve Salotti
  • Devon Harmon
  • Michael McMillen
  • Roger Hooten
  • William V. Grand
  • Jeff Logan
  • Justin Rodriguez
  • Mark Blanchard
  • Kimberly Rowland
  • Chris Mikucki
  • Thomas Davis
  • George Terry
  • Joseph E Blake
  • B (Yes, the letter “B”)

Shipping Invoices (US and CA backers only)

At this time, we have sent out all the shipping invoices to our US and CA backers. If you haven’t received one yet from PayPal, email us today at custserv(at)talon-games(dot)com so we can get that fixed. If you have received one and haven’t paid yet, no worries but it must be paid BEFORE we start fulfillment (see below) if you want your rewards the same time as everyone else. Last time I looked there are about 90 US people remaining that have NOT paid the invoice we sent out. Canada just went out today, so be on the lookout in your inbox!

Please note, if you HAVE already paid the/an invoice through PayPal, all you will receive is a receipt from PayPal and you are good to go for final fulfillment. Nothing additional will be sent out until we start send out tracking emails.

Shipping Invoices (RoW)

For everyone else, we are still trying to get all our numbers in so we can get it as close as possible. Everything goes out on a pallet to UK or AU and then our partners forward from there. For the EU, we are still waiting on what the final Brexit is going to look like so we know how to even ship your stuff.

af06a8cd98e2ae161656ab783eab4212_origina

Where’s My Stuff? Update

Everything has been manufactured, boxed, and ready to go since the middle of September but for whatever reasons (none of which are our fault…really), they have not been put on a ship till this week. They are now loaded and are EXPECTED to set “sail” on the 20th of October with a final delivery to our warehouse no later than November 17th.

Reaper has the paint all done and we have received all the planes from TrenchWorx and our Dropship Pilot rewards are due over the next two weeks. Once all the rest of the models are in hand and sorted, we will start fulfillment and final shipment.

Have a great weekend!

Edited by CAVBOSS
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, CAVBOSS said:

Canadian Backers... your shipping invoice from PayPal should be in your mailbox now. Thank you!

Invoice received.  Will pay once I'm near a computer! 

And ooh, $25 CAD cheaper than I was expecting, which is a nice treat ^_^

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Invoice received.  Will pay once I'm near a computer! 

And ooh, $25 CAD cheaper than I was expecting, which is a nice treat ^_^

Canadians are just so darn nice! Eh?  ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Standifer
      So I finally fell into the temptation and got my first ground based sci fi minis!(I do have spaceships.) 
      A Cataphract, conquerer , and a halberd by Reaper minis came in with my horsman today! Sadly the halberd is missing a piece so it may in end up being returned. 
      So my first order of business was a small conversion to the cataphract
      Before conversion

And the conquerer has donated the necessary parts for said conversion, specifically his smaller missile pods.

A bit of work with an exacto knife removed said weapons.

And a bit more exacto work to make a spot for the pods on the Cataphract.

Some super glue to assemble the cataphract and voila! It is time for paint!

And don’t worry about the Conquerer, I have a conversion in mind for it too. It just might not be a true mech when I’m done.......

More sci-fi stuff to come soon I hope!
      And maybe just maybe I’ll try to make a backstory for these guys.
      Thankyou for looking! 

• By Cicciopiu
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iscreamart/the-ring-the-innovative-way-to-help-you-paint-your

Found this on kickstarter, seems a very useful handle, the idea of the ring is super and  I find that the way it turn upside-down it's brilliant!

Maybe the shipping for EU it's a bit too hight considering it ship from UK... but at least it is not overpriced. 

I'm in for the early basic :)
    • By Jasper_the_2nd
      Hey look, yet another Jasper topic.....

But this one is different (I hope).  I actually have a time frame in mind, to get this finished before the end of 2020, and submitted for the annual diorama contest.

I love dioramas, and I've been pretty happy with the few I've made. BUT I always put off getting started and then end up rushing over Christmas to get everything done.
      So this year I'm starting in January (if just barely) so that I will hopefully get some stuff done before December.

I've had the idea for this diorama since the very first moment I saw my first "sneak preview" of Khanjira (that would have been approximately Fri, Oct 25, 2013, 7:57 PM ADT, according to when I got the email from Kickstarter).
      My first though was something like "What a beast! Imagine if he was fighting something from a smaller scale, like CAV...."
      So that has been bouncing around in my head ever since.  
      Then I was messaging with @Pochi a few weeks ago about the contests and got talking about dioramas, and I mentioned this idea, and she said I HAD to do it.....so here we are. 

Basic concept is the classic Kaiju attacking a future city harbour. CAVs (any or all of tanks, vehicles, mechs, infantry, maybe even aircraft) defending. (I briefly considered going even smaller scale as I have quite a bit of 6mm stuff too, but CAVs are easier to work with,  I have about a billion of them, and they are awesome).

Today was a beginning.  I grabbed some stuff and laid it out just to get an idea of a size I'm going to want.

Obviously I just grabbed what was handy to get some scale. Khanjira is represented by my 7 days Khanjira (handy, that ). I plan to try to get him a little more upright, since he won't be on his base and at least his front foot will be "under water". With his pose (which I don't think I have the skill or know how to adjust too much) I'm thinking maybe an elevated highway that he has just crushed to be what his right leg is on.  That or a boat of some sort....we'll see.
      The box is just a reference for the land, glasses are just some buildings.  I'm picturing something similar to the Halifax waterfront with boardwalks or something and docks/jetties (the grey upside down drawer represents) and then big buildings. Army will be in place along the waterfront, so some barricades and stuff. Possibly a trench of energy blasted ruin from the "breath weapon" if I think I can pull that off.  Again, we'll see.
      So just from the mock up, this is going to be fairly massive...like approaching 2 foot kind of dimensions 
      Not something I would do if I was following advice on building award winning dioramas, but then that's not what I'm focusing on.  I just want to make the image in my mind a reality, and I'm using the contest deadline to hopefully focus me.
      I'm also going to have to learn to do a bunch of new stuff for this, which should be fun!

Step one will be to dig out my other Khanjira and start cleaning up up.  And decide on what I'm going to use for a base for this thing.....

• By Smokestack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/josemox/forever-myths-fallen-maidens?ref=discovery&term=miniatures
       Morana, 75 mm Morana was once a champion of the sacred order of the Radiant Fist. During a mission, the dark wizard Shahrivar cast a curse over her and traped her soul in a gem. Since then his body has become the wizard´s tool, bringing death and disease wherever she goes.
       Akanksha, 75 mm Heiress to the throne of Shin Kingdom was always known for her diplomatic skills and her sword mastery. In one of her many diplomatic meetings, she received as a gift a pendant in the shape of a heart and, since then, there has been no desire which have refused or a lover that have rejected. It must be said that the tensions between the neighbouring kingdoms are more relaxed than ever.
         Najwa, 75 mm  At another time, Najwa was the high priestess in the Sharated Temple. The Great Tremorrevealed an ancient buried room in the depths of the temple that contained writings from a thousand years ago. She was the first to study them and learned dark and forbidden knowledge which poisoned her body and soul. The high wizard Lucianus tried to save her but it was too late, she destroyed the temple and was lost in the night.
      Here you can see a comparative image of the projected height for the miniatures in both versions. Has you can see, the 75 mm scale will offer an excellent miniature for your shelf and the 32 mm scale will fit in any boardgame and wargames that you can imagine.
          In adition, some parts have been changed from the 75 mm scale to the 32 mm scale to avoid too small details and give the best painting experience.
      Here you can see the reward levels offered in this campaign. You can find the full information about every offer in the reward list of the campaign and, if you have any doubt, don´t hesitate to ask.
                  Here you can see the stretch goals that are planned for this campaign and they correspond to new extra characters that will be fully revealed during the campaign. When we reach the corresponding objective, their miniatures in both versions will be added to the available Add-Ons.  All those who opt for the Fallen Maidens reward may access to a special offer of these characters.
      Although only tree Strech goals are scheduled, I would add new characters in case the campaign reached higher goals. If this happens I will consider your suggestions to create new characters that captivate you.
      The add-ons are additional items you may be interested in adding to the rewards that correspond to your pledge level. To include an add-on, simply add its specified value in € to the amount of your pledge.
      When the campaign ends you will receive the backer survey where you will be able to specify which add-ons you want to include.
         Here you will find the available fantasy football products. If you missed the Asgard´s Sons campaign, this is your chance to get them and obtain exclusive characters.
        All shipping will be delivered by ordinary postal mail. How is it possible that there is a great disparity in the size of the packages, the shipping costs will be calculated according to each order to be fair. When the campaign ends and once the survey is done, the backers will be contacted to collect the shipping costs through Paypal just before sending each order. We can not ship to PO Boxes.
      If you come to Pamplona to pick up your order you will save these expenses and we can also meet in person!
      So you can get an idea of how much these costs will be, here you have a list of the estimated value of the shipments.
      I will do my best to keep these cost to the minimum possible. The shipping is planned to begin in March 2020. However, depending on the production requirements, it might change. 
      For those who opt for the Add-Ons level, it is possible that they receive their rewards sooner, It will depend if I have already available what they want to purchase or it must be manufactured.
      Further information will be posted on the updates of this project. 
      The master model of every miniature will be printed by 3DA Impresiones, a company that specializes in prototype.
      The resin miniatures will be manufactured by GRX Creations known by his high quality.
      Risks and challenges
      All designs are not a final product and can suffer changes during the manufacturing process. 
      Due to production requirements, the planned date to begin the shipping process might be changed due to the amount of the pieces needed and other factors out of my control. However, I will keep you updated on any changes.
      If you do not accept the terms of the campaign, please do not pledge on this project but instead wait for the general release.
      Learn about accountability on Kickstarter Questions about this project? Check out the FAQ
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1915262526/fred-perrys-gold-digger-frederal-reserve-gold-bric

It's time to print and release the newest volume of the GOLD BRICK SERIES, the GOLD DIGGER FREDeral Reserve which compiles a multitude of the Gold Digger  spin-offs and ancillary series.   If you supported the previous Gold Bricks, thank you very much, and we hope you support this campaign too. With a load of great standalone and continuity pickup stories, this collection makes a great jumping-on point for any new readers, as well as awesome reading for longtime fans. THESE ISSUES HAVE NEVER BEEN COLLECTED INTO ONE VOLUME BEFORE. Between its black-and-white and full-color issues, the main Gold Digger series is fast approaching the 300-issue mark and is going strong!  (Including material like that being compiled into the FREDeral Reserve, GD is already well past that milestone!)
      If you're not familiar with us, my name is Joeming Dunn, and I run Antarctic Press, a small, independent comic company started in 1984. I have personally collected comics of almost every type and genre since 1974, and I can say that during the past 30 years, we have published some of the greatest and best independent comics out there. Our publishing history includes titles like Gold Digger and Ninja High School. The comic industry has changed over the years, so we have started this Kickstarter program to help introduce new projects from our talented group of creators.
      Prominent among the many series we have published over the years is Fred Perry's ingenious title, Gold Digger, which Fred describes as a mixture of Indiana Jones and Final Fantasy. The idea for Gold Digger was first conceived during Fred's tour of duty in the first Gulf War, and it debuted in Antarctic Press's anthology comic, Mangazine, in 1991. A four-issue miniseries followed in 1992, and a regular monthly black-and-white series followed starting in 1993. The current color series began in 1999 and has continued since then. It is the second-longest-running solo-created title in the industry. Among comic books with female leads, its run is second only to Wonder Woman.  In 2013, Fred was honored at Comic Con International in San Diego, where he received an Inkpot Award for his work on Gold Digger.
      Over the past years, we have released other Gold Bricks as Kickstarter projects. This Gold Brick is outside the numbering system of the main-series Bricks, so no potentially confusing volume numbers this time! If you haven't seen or read Gold Digger, this is your chance to enjoy one of the best and longest-running ongoing series in comics. Like the other Bricks, this one lets new readers join in easily, so you don't have to be shy!
      Over the next few years, we'll go back to reprint the other volumes to match the new Kickstarter printings' format. We want everyone to have nice editions. In addition to reasons already mentioned, during previous campaigns, many backers have asked us to collect these series, since many of these issues are difficult to find. 
      So what is included in this Gold Brick?
      A Science Affair Asrial vs Cheetah GD Minus 18 Gina vs Penny (GvP) Gold Digger Dreadwing's Mymior Gold Digger Adventures WHEW...that's quite a line up.
      What are we going to do with the Kickstarter money?
      Plain and simple, we're going to print and ship the Gold Digger FREDeral Reserve Gold Brick.
      The FREDeral Reserve Gold Brick is over 600 pages, many of which are in full color. Printing the actual books is the biggest single expense. The first print run of a typical Gold Brick is quite costly, as most printers require a minimum run to make it cost-effective. We are thus using Kickstarter to assist us with those costs. If the amount seems high, you must remember that we are printing at least a thousand copies of a 600+ page book. Another cost is shipping: First we will have to ship the books from the printer to our offices, and once we get them, send copies to all our supporters and distributors. Several thousand pounds of books represents a significant shipping expense.
      Here is a breakdown of our expenses.
      Printing: $12,500 (which includes hard and softcover)
      Shipping: $3,000 (Sending a 600-page book is costly, especially overseas.  The cost for shipping just one copy overseas is now around $34.)
      Fees: $1500 (Kickstarter takes their fees off the top)
      Handling/Supplies: $1500 (We have to pay for boxes and pay people to pack those boxes.)
      That does not include cost for sending the large PDF files to all the supporters and other miscellaneous costs.
      Those basic expenses total $18,500.
      So what do you get?
      The brick is 6 x 9 inches and will contain AT LEAST the series we mentioned above.

• Who's Online   21 Members, 2 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)