CAV: Strike Ops III Kickstarter September 19th 2018

CAVBOSS

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Jasper_the_2nd said:

My KS tracking just updated to a mail depot an hour from here. So in theory it could be out for delivery tomorrow.....

(mind you my PC that came via Purolator sat in the same area for 5 days before they bothered to try delivering to here.)

Tune in tomorrow to see if there will be a Christmas miracle!!  :poke:

In a totally shocking and unexpected twist.....it does not appear that there will be a Christmas CAV miracle.

Tracking shows it arrived in Dieppe (about an hour or so from here) yesterday at 2:44 pm.  Good, right?
Then it was in transit from Dieppe at 5:26 pm.  Also, good?  Should be headed here to Saint John for delivery this morning....

But then, this morning.  7:13 am, item scanned....in Halifax. The next province over and 5 hours away.

I expect I should be surprised by this, and yet....

Well, maybe they will get it figured out and back in the right province for the one day of mail delivery left this week on Friday.

Or not.  They are still calling for Jan 2 for delivery....

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Mine's remaining where it was back on Saturday, despite it only being a 36 hour trip to get to Edmonton from Stony Creek.  Would've been nice for it to make it at least in town today, but tracking that hasn't done much sure beats the tease of an hour away then boom, a full province away! 

• Like 2

• Reaper User
5 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

Mine's remaining where it was back on Saturday, despite it only being a 36 hour trip to get to Edmonton from Stony Creek.  Would've been nice for it to make it at least in town today, but tracking that hasn't done much sure beats the tease of an hour away then boom, a full province away! 

I just checked and it looks like about 2/3rds of CA backers have had their packages delivered, so hang in there!

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CAVBOSS said:

I just checked and it looks like about 2/3rds of CA backers have had their packages delivered, so hang in there!

How close to 2/3s of CA backers are from Ontario or Quebec?  :poke:

Probably just as well mine didn't show up today.  They would have been very distracting, since I probably wouldn't have gotten a chance to open them until Thursday.....

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, WhiteWulfe said:

I'm curious as well as to how many were near Ontario.  I just hope CanadaPost doesn't leave my package sitting in a truck outdoors for too too long, since we've been dropping down to -15C overnight lately. 

I'm hoping my "small" shipment is close enough to critical mass for Bonesium that it will generate enough warmth to keep the paints liquid, should that occur.  Supposed to be -10C or so here tonight and my package is currently "in transit" to .....somewhere.....Hopefully back this way, but who knows at this point.

• Like 1

On 12/24/2019 at 2:55 PM, Jasper_the_2nd said:

I'm hoping my "small" shipment is close enough to critical mass for Bonesium that it will generate enough warmth to keep the paints liquid, should that occur.  Supposed to be -10C or so here tonight and my package is currently "in transit" to .....somewhere.....Hopefully back this way, but who knows at this point.

Me too, doubly so since they aren't doing any deliveries until the 27th...  So I'm hoping wherever it's parked, that it's at least somewhat warm...  And that all those bones minis help provide at least something. 

Here's hoping CanadaPost offers some sort of update tomorrow evening... 

I just want my giant box of robots so I can, well, y'know, inventory everything and go "omg, that's a lot of stuff" :ph34r:

• Like 2

Welll.....frack.

Found out why my package went to Halifax.  It was going to my old address.  I've already messaged Jon about that and I'm sure he'll sort out what happened there.

BUT, I just found out that when we pay $100+ for mail forwarding it DOES NOT include packages. (this information is on the web site but the lady at the post office who took my wife's money never mentioned it....).

So my shiny CAVs are currently headed back to Ontario :down:

• Sad 6

Mine went to an old address I'd keyed in as well, despite having updated it in the pledge manager before the containers had even shipped from China...  Luckily it's just a tad further away, but it's definitely out of walking distance...

I definitely have to agree with you Jasper, you'd think that paying a bunch of money for mail forwarding would forward everything, not just letter mail...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAVBOSS said:

We pulled everyone's mailing info back in September right before we started sending out shipping invoices. Anything that was changed after that point was never seen. Sorry for any mishaps.

Odd then that it sent it to the old address, since I could have sworn I updated it in August.  Oh well, just more annoying to get to that location, and I'll have to fight through crowds of holiday shoppers paying more attention to their phones, instead of smaller crowds of cheerful seniors ::P:

• Like 1

IMG_20191227_152539.thumb.jpg.0ceff2e115183faec8eb9436cb393789.jpgIMG_20191227_155909.thumb.jpg.79d186573d7add99e0d5d31a2100c20d.jpg

^Box of doom acquired.  Blurry large bag on the left is terrain, blurry large bag on right is a bunch of CAVs.  Inventory will happen later tonight, including a closer look at the paints to ensure they haven't frozen during transit.  Absolutely loving the sheer amount of detail that's on the Tsuiseki II's.  Such a pity I couldn't get any more, can we please get a chance to buy more of these at retail? ^_^

• Like 6