Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

77355, Count Lorenth

Wow!

Another awesome version of this guy!

Makes me want to paint one  and I usually paint bad guys..

Great job!

• Thanks 1

What a wonderful paintjuob - the tapestry freehand contributes to the rich look of the fabric - it looks heavy and thick. And I really like the way you painted the metal armor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your comments everyone. I'm glad you enjoyed my different "darker approche" on the model. I'm happy I could enter in time, since I didn't have much free time to paint lately. Congrats to the winner and a special thanks to Reaper's people who manage these contests and keep us painting.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darkmeer
      This guy was a lot of fun and, at the same time, very frustrating.  I tend to assemble completely then paint.  It's a personal preference, but this guy had enough gribbly bits that I felt I would do it a disservice.  I'm very happy with how he turned out, even if the photos aren't as good as I'd like them to be. This is always a frustration with me, but these photos really don't do the poor soul any justice.  The horse, however, is probably the worst thing in the figure, I used references, but still came out waaaay too flat, but it looks okay-ish all together.

Dismounted:

C&C Welcome!

• By LittleBluberry
      So a while ago I painted Trista as a paladin with a warhammer I took from Halbarand the cleric. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51436-trista-conversion-wip/?hl=trista

It was my first conversion, and she's seen a lot of game time. Now that she's a 5th level paladin, I wanted to make a mounted version of her. Back during the Bones 2 Kickstarter there was a suggestion from multiple people to just take one of the mounted Bones, cut them off at the waist and glue the top half of the mini you wanted a mounted version of.  Since Sir Danel from Bones 2 had some <ahem> issues with his top half, I figured it was the perfect candidate. 

There are a few challenges with this project that I can spot so far.  First off, Trista has a very narrow waist.  Her belt is also at a bit of an angle, which will complicate things.  At this point I think I might have to partially re-sculpt the belt to cover the seam where the surgery occurred. 

I'm actually thinking I'll start from the bottom up and get the horse painted first.  I'd love a few opinions on what to do with the basing and whether or not the extra bit by the rear hoof needs to stay there for support.  Currently the base is bent and Sir Danel won't stand, so obviously I need to at the very least heat-treat the horse.  I've got a black plastic cavalry base, plus round bases in many sizes. I'm conflicted as to whether I want to make an epic looking base that fills most of a 2" area (for gaming purposes) or if I want to go with the cavalry base for a little stability and easier storage. I'd also like to up my basing game a bit, so all suggestions will be considered as long as they fit with a jungle locale.

Since this is Bones, and for gaming, I'm not going to go crazy with a high quality display level paint job (which I probably couldn't pull off anyway) and I'll be aiming for higher tabletop quality. Saves my sanity.

• By ultrasquid
      Here's something I acquired and painted a long time ago. It was made by Reaper in the early '90s but is no longer in the catalog as far as I could find. It's rather primitive compared to the modern mouslings, but still quite nice. Note the worm-like segmented tail. The mousling is cast as a separate piece from the kangaroo rat, but its tail is not. Also this mousling has slender, human-like hand and feet, whereas the current ones have more teddy bear-like extremities.

• By SGHawkins09
      This little guy was my entry in the Fantasy Single Category at OrcCon this past weekend. He was a fun one to paint and I was very happy with him. One main thing that I wish I had been able to do better was the browns. The border on the cloth, the spear, and the scabbard all were difficult to do any sort of shading and highlighting that would have any impact. I did try some freehand wood grain on the spear but it did not look good so I went with something else. This was my first time doing resin water and I am very happy with how it turned out. The mold did leak a little and it was not level but the resin hardened completely and is clear.

I am my toughest critic so I was hoping he would do well but was not expecting much, especially after seeing the other entries. So I was very surprised to find out he won his category and blown away when he got Best in Show.

I am still working on my light set up for the pictures. Usually they are too dark, now I think they are too bright but I have a plan for next time.

Any input would be appreciated.
    • By SGHawkins09
      This is going to be my first big project of the year and will most likely be my only entry in the painting competition at OrcCon in February. I would do at least one other but I need to focus on the entries I have planned for ReaperCon. So I present to you the gnome knight mounted on a wolf from Stonehaven. I grabbed this little guy from the Box of Goodwill and have been itching to painted him. He has been primed and I have done a black base for all the metal as well as the wolf's fur. The eyes are done, except for possible color on the wolf's. The gnome's came out a lot better then I expected as they had little definition to them.

Now I plan to be ambitious with the base. I am using a piece of burl wood that my dad cut up for me. I plan on painting it up as a rocky cliff with a pond at the base and a small waterfall. So I am going to have to make wood look like rock and attempt using resin for the first time. Any tips?

• Who's Online   43 Members, 1 Anonymous, 203 Guests (See full list)