Darcstaar

Doomsday Dawn, Pathfinder 2nd Edition Playtest

14 hours ago, haldir said:

Hey nice, I was hoping someone also picked up HL Online as I caved in & purchased it.

@Lostbug How did you get that post? Only thing I can find is the print options or Save as webpage. Along with convert to Adobe pdf but I'm not exactly sure that option wants to work since I only have the free Reader version.

I’m on a Mac, so not certain if it’s good information for you, but one of my print options was Save As PDF, opened that pdf in Preview, then Save As JPEG, which uploaded nicely. I’m not sure if the Adobe Reader will have the same save option.

Oh, and if anyone else is looking into it, the Hero Lab Online playtest rules are available free, but you’re limited to making 1st level characters.

Edited by Lostbug
Added plug for HLO

By the way, I'm reading through the adventure path, and there will be times your current characters are paused, in the background, and you make new characters to fulfill "Specific Character Needs."

But, for the first several chapters, it will be these characters you are posting now.

• Like 1

interesting. I won't ask what those needs might be, you know, spoilers and all, but that's something I have never encountered in a campaign before,

2 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

By the way, I'm reading through the adventure path, and there will be times your current characters are paused, in the background, and you make new characters to fulfill "Specific Character Needs."

But, for the first several chapters, it will be these characters you are posting now.

So side characters are in our future. If that's the case, I'd like to reserve the cleric as it's my favorite class & I'd like to see how they are run in 2e.

Thanks Lostbug. I have the option but for some reason it's not wanting to save/bring up the pdf when I click the option. I'll work on it & hopefully get something up. If anything I can always try going back to the previous sheet that doesn't want to post to my google drive. ha ha.

• Like 1

Ok here we go. Now again, I have no idea what alchemical items I start with, as I can't find that information in the book & HLO doesn't have anything either. Also the formulas I have in my book are the following:

Formula Book:
1. Acid Flask
2. Alchemist's Fire
3. Minor elixir of life
4. Antiplague (level 1)
5. Antidote (level 1)
6. Cheetah's Elixir
7. Bottled Lightning
8. Liquid Ice

Hopefully this works. If not then I will have a typed up version tomorrow after I get home from work in the morning.

PiknoseHL.pdf

On 8/22/2018 at 8:25 AM, ttuckerman said:

Try a PDF printer driver.  There are free ones.  That will get it to PDF.

What I did to get the pdf version, once I hit Print in the character sheet page, I seen the option to save as PDF (using Chrome's printing page). Oddly again it didn't save to my Google Drive but yet I have this mystery folder on there.

I ended up saving to my desktop then I just uploaded through the forum here.

Thanks for the help thou.

20 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

That PDF link is not successful for me.

Sorry Haldir.

Ok, I'll try & get the typed up one tomorrow sometime.

Highly annoying that it doesn't want to come up but you gotta do whatcha gotta do I guess.

Apologies for the big delay on this one. With me having problems of mystery folders that I can see one way & then not on the actual Google Drive & some reason I can't even see the pdf I linked earlier that I placed it on Drive as well. Hell who knows. Anyways here is a bad copy & paste of that character sheet:

Piknose, the 1st level goblin alchemist on my Drive

As noted again, I have no idea what alchemical items I start with & my starting Formulas are the following:

Formula Book: (4 for class, 4 for feat)
1. Acid Flask
2. Alchemist's Fire
3. Minor elixir of life
4. Antiplague (level 1)
5. Antidote (level 1)
6. Cheetah's Elixir
7. Bottled Lightning
8. Liquid Ice

Also as noted in other parts of the forum, I'll be at ReaperCon this week & I normally don't check the forums while I'm down there, usually Tuesday night over in Boise before I fly out on Weds & on Sunday night after the Con is over.

• Like 2

Posted the game.

If you want to ask any questions in character, do so there.
If you want to suggest ways you all know each other, feel free.

If you want to describe your characters to each other, do so.

Let me know here or there when you are "ready."

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 10:24 AM, Darcstaar said:

I think you have to buy them.  It looks like all the 1st level ones are 20-30 sp.

Nothing in the class says you start with any for free.

I can't open the errata right now for some reason at work.

Actually got my answer from one of the playtest GMs. I create them on the fly using quick alchemy. Up to my resonance pts per day. 

I will try to post when I get home today. Currently in Phoenix waiting to board. 

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By HornedTurtle
      A little more than 48 hours left for this one, I think it looks really cool.

http://kck.st/2z0HjUk

Kamigakari: God Hunters is a tabletop role-playing game set in modern-day Japan that combines centuries of Japanese mythology with a modern-day setting and urban fantasy action. You play as a God Hunter, a being wielding supernatural strength, magical abilities, and reality-warping spiritual powers. Your mission is to protect an unsuspecting populace from evil beings known as Aramitama, and to prevent the supernatural from leaking into the public eye.
      Originally, the game was released in Japan by Arclight Games on November 2013 as Legendary Arms RPG Kamigakari, to great popularity. In January 2017, a text-only fan translation appeared on the internet, exposing Kamigakari to the attention of English-speaking RPG fans world wide, and creating a thriving fanbase that continues to grow to this day!
      Serpent Sea Games is a team of experienced RPG translation and development professionals, including the creator of the fan translation, who have licensed Kamigakari from the creators at Arclight Games for publication in English and want to bring the game officially to Western audiences.
        But we need your help to bring this book into existence!
      The Game
      The world of Kamigakari features a distinctly seinen action anime  and style to it. With crazy abilities and flashy powers, it's an over-the-top world where you can battle kaijus, giant robots, gods and demons all under the same umbrella. The system is designed to keep interactions as simple and intuitive as possible, for an easy pick-up-and-play. Kamigakari splits its play up into "scenes", which are short, episodic and will often split the focus onto individual players. It's a different experience compared to western systems that often assume the party is always together, which allows for more varied and engaging character focus and development.
      So what is a God Hunter? A God Hunter is a person who, through one means or another, has gained supernatural powers by possessing a shard of a legendary weapon, relic, suit of armor, or maybe even the crystallized soul of a legendary hero. These powers can be anything from a master of the sword or magic, transforming hero, a living avatar of flame, or the ultimate hacker. Instead of a familiar class-based system, Kamigakari uses its own character generation called Styles, which lets you mix and match your power sets to create a gun-slinging samurai, a chainsaw-wielding magical girl, a hacker who codes his magic into existence, or a hunter who stalks his victims through the shadows.
      And it's not just limited to your class: weapons and gear are utilized under the Arms system, a mechanic where a base weapon is upgraded over time by using materials or spending gold. Two basic swords, in the hands of two different god hunters, can end up very different weapons after extensive modification!
      An average God Hunter on a normal day. Does being a God Hunter mean that you hunt gods? Of course it does! With concepts rooted in Shintoism and traditional Japanese folklore, a God Hunter is tasked with tracking down dangerous beings known as Aramitama - a dark god that is born and grows in power by devouring the souls of its victims. Aramitama come in many forms - from recognizable Japanese icons like oni and tengu, mythical beings like the Pegasus or Griffin, to eldritch monstrosities made of gnashing teeth and glowing orbs. Upon defeating an Aramitama, God Hunters can use their remains to create stronger Regalia - magical weapons and equipment, in order to face even even more powerful Aramitama. It's not just a fun gameplay loop, either: These creatures threaten the sanctity of innocents and the world in their lust to reach their ultimate form, the Avatar of Ruin, a true god of destruction capable of ending the world. It's up to the God Hunters to prevent that!
      An Aramitama awakens. Kamigakari utilizes the unique Numen Dice pool. Numen Dice are resource wherein you roll a set of dice and use it to pay for abilities or change the outcome of a roll. There's many ways change, swap and spend dice. Players must be careful how they manage their Numen Pool to both survive the battle and save the perfect set of Numen Dice to activate their ultimate abilities!
      We'd like to support this game far into the future, and plan on translating and releasing supplements if financially viable. Arclight Games has also requested the creation of original content exclusive to the western release, but that can probably wait until we have a few expansion books finished, we're only mentioning it now in the interests of full transparency.
    • By PandorasGhost
      Hey everybody!

Tried to get the word out by word of mouth, and decided on here might be a good way to go about it as well. The tables for gaming had to be altered from what was on the printed schedule due to some logistics issues. (Logic?! At a con?! Say it isn't so.)

Games on GrowTix should reflect accurate locations (and hopefully always reflected accurate times). Also, there are printed schedules available on the table just beside registration. ALSO, ALSO, I attached the Xcel spreadsheet of the schedule if anyone wants to peruse.

Joseph Wolf's Dreadmere games are still at Table 1 - under the big Dredmere banner. Tables 2 ,3, and 10 are various Roleplaying games, as per the schedule Table 4 is an all-day, every-day Freeblades demo - drop by and check it out! Tables 6 thru 9 are for Gamers looking for Pathfinder/Starfinder D&D Adventure League is now tables 11 thru 23, but Gamers taking part in DDAL are encouraged to head to Table 18, where Colby (and crew) will be marshaling GMs, getting players into games, and generally just controlling the madness of League events. Tables 24 thru 28 are going to host Frog God Games (in the Arabian rooms) ReaperCon 2019 Gaming.xlsx
    • By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, here is my take at 89031, Tar-Baphon the Whispering Tyrant sculpted by Bobby Jackson. The 77531, Graveyard Fence Posts are also fron Reaper and were sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.                          
    • By Darcstaar
      My 5 1/2 yo son is super into Batman.  I had set up a Pathfinder game for the grownups, but only filled 2/4 seats.  My son has shown a little and growing interest in tabletop gaming.  So I made some stats for Batman as a Pathfinder character and used his LEGO Batman on the battle grid.

Here are how it came out: attributes were rolled.
      Race Human
      Class Ranger (Urban) lvl 1
      Str 16
      Dex 19 (+2 human)
      Con 14 
      Int 13
      Wis 14
      Cha 8

Favored Class Ranger +1 HP
      Trait: Rich Parents
      Trait: Deft Dodger (+1 Reflex)
      Favored Enemy Humanoid (human)
      Feat - Improved Unarmed Strike
      Feat Human - Exotic Weapon Prof - Shuriken

Skills - don’t remember exactly, sheet isn’t in front of me:
      Acrobatics, Craft (alchemy), Disable Device, knowledge (local), perception, Survival, Stealth

Gear- I took some liberties here for flavor:
      Mwk Studded Leather, Batarangs(shuriken shaped like a bat available in a lethal or non lethal variety), smoke bombs (combine thunderstone and smoke stick in one thrown item same price as both combined), Mwk thieves tools, sap, spiked gauntlets x 2 (his sharp things sticking out of his arms), Grapnel: (Light Crossbow + 50ft silk rope + Mwk grappling hook + 100gp to account for the “gnomish winch”) I would have loved to make it a hand crossbow, but didn’t want to waste two feats on exotics.  I just tacked on cost to the various gear to use up the gold from rich parents and still leave him with a good kit.

He made level two and I chose an alt. Option for weapon style: thrown weapon.  That gave him bonus feat of Precise Shot without needing Point Blank Shot, but I plan on adding it later.

Let me know what you think.

My son didn’t have the attention span to stay at the table for long: his cousins were in the pool, so he ended up there.  My friend always plays the Cleric, but he ran Batman as a second character and had a blast with it.
  • Who's Online   11 Members, 2 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)