Sign in to follow this  
Darcstaar

Doomsday Dawn, Pathfinder 2nd Edition Playtest

14 hours ago, haldir said:

Hey nice, I was hoping someone also picked up HL Online as I caved in & purchased it.

@Lostbug How did you get that post? Only thing I can find is the print options or Save as webpage. Along with convert to Adobe pdf but I'm not exactly sure that option wants to work since I only have the free Reader version.

I’m on a Mac, so not certain if it’s good information for you, but one of my print options was Save As PDF, opened that pdf in Preview, then Save As JPEG, which uploaded nicely. I’m not sure if the Adobe Reader will have the same save option.

Oh, and if anyone else is looking into it, the Hero Lab Online playtest rules are available free, but you’re limited to making 1st level characters.

Edited by Lostbug
Added plug for HLO

By the way, I'm reading through the adventure path, and there will be times your current characters are paused, in the background, and you make new characters to fulfill "Specific Character Needs."

But, for the first several chapters, it will be these characters you are posting now.

• Like 1

interesting. I won't ask what those needs might be, you know, spoilers and all, but that's something I have never encountered in a campaign before,

2 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

By the way, I'm reading through the adventure path, and there will be times your current characters are paused, in the background, and you make new characters to fulfill "Specific Character Needs."

But, for the first several chapters, it will be these characters you are posting now.

So side characters are in our future. If that's the case, I'd like to reserve the cleric as it's my favorite class & I'd like to see how they are run in 2e.

Thanks Lostbug. I have the option but for some reason it's not wanting to save/bring up the pdf when I click the option. I'll work on it & hopefully get something up. If anything I can always try going back to the previous sheet that doesn't want to post to my google drive. ha ha.

• Like 1

Ok here we go. Now again, I have no idea what alchemical items I start with, as I can't find that information in the book & HLO doesn't have anything either. Also the formulas I have in my book are the following:

Formula Book:
1. Acid Flask
2. Alchemist's Fire
3. Minor elixir of life
4. Antiplague (level 1)
5. Antidote (level 1)
6. Cheetah's Elixir
7. Bottled Lightning
8. Liquid Ice

Hopefully this works. If not then I will have a typed up version tomorrow after I get home from work in the morning.

PiknoseHL.pdf

On 8/22/2018 at 8:25 AM, ttuckerman said:

Try a PDF printer driver.  There are free ones.  That will get it to PDF.

What I did to get the pdf version, once I hit Print in the character sheet page, I seen the option to save as PDF (using Chrome's printing page). Oddly again it didn't save to my Google Drive but yet I have this mystery folder on there.

I ended up saving to my desktop then I just uploaded through the forum here.

Thanks for the help thou.

20 hours ago, Darcstaar said:

That PDF link is not successful for me.

Sorry Haldir.

Ok, I'll try & get the typed up one tomorrow sometime.

Highly annoying that it doesn't want to come up but you gotta do whatcha gotta do I guess.

Apologies for the big delay on this one. With me having problems of mystery folders that I can see one way & then not on the actual Google Drive & some reason I can't even see the pdf I linked earlier that I placed it on Drive as well. Hell who knows. Anyways here is a bad copy & paste of that character sheet:

Piknose, the 1st level goblin alchemist on my Drive

As noted again, I have no idea what alchemical items I start with & my starting Formulas are the following:

Formula Book: (4 for class, 4 for feat)
1. Acid Flask
2. Alchemist's Fire
3. Minor elixir of life
4. Antiplague (level 1)
5. Antidote (level 1)
6. Cheetah's Elixir
7. Bottled Lightning
8. Liquid Ice

Also as noted in other parts of the forum, I'll be at ReaperCon this week & I normally don't check the forums while I'm down there, usually Tuesday night over in Boise before I fly out on Weds & on Sunday night after the Con is over.

• Like 2

Posted the game.

If you want to ask any questions in character, do so there.
If you want to suggest ways you all know each other, feel free.

If you want to describe your characters to each other, do so.

Let me know here or there when you are "ready."

• Like 1

On 8/21/2018 at 10:24 AM, Darcstaar said:

I think you have to buy them.  It looks like all the 1st level ones are 20-30 sp.

Nothing in the class says you start with any for free.

I can't open the errata right now for some reason at work.

Actually got my answer from one of the playtest GMs. I create them on the fly using quick alchemy. Up to my resonance pts per day. 

I will try to post when I get home today. Currently in Phoenix waiting to board. 

• Like 2