So Altar to Dagon 77624, mantic terrain crate - wizards study, bones goroloth 77343, bones balto burrowell 77166, bones blacksmith 77142.

Some basecoating other stuff primed. Can't see a few of the book spines I painted.

Only townsfolk in missing now is Oswald who's never been in stock.

Spoiler

20180808_214008.thumb.jpg.6c336e973988146844f4474f4ff9219c.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 9

I ended up doing some work on the Smith. Better pics tomorrow.

His hair /beard are staying pink. The ground is not. Anybody do pink hair before care to share? Any suggestions for ground? Might do a brown from whatever purple I use for shadows and green then some green on top for ground?

can't tell but apron was charred brown then nmm gold shadow. A bit of pink still shows and it looks like a nice broken in leather.

20180809_002205.jpg

20180809_002330.jpg

• Like 6

I'm debating not doing any more with the statue. It really looks like soapstone to me. It was a mix of gray primer, black blue and brown craft paint. Followed by black, green and blue 1:2:2 then a cream drybrush. Very happy with it.

• Like 1

I can't stop wanting to paint the smith.

I've waited forever and totally worth it.

did the pink hair and a ground base. Still need to do metal and wash and I think a stone color for gravel broccoli. Photos in better lighting this time (but in hand). First time using bright skin triad and it feels appropriately sweaty.

20180809_081345.jpg

20180809_081429.jpg

• Like 9

I can haz babbe nao so time is short.

I did some stuff on the library book shelves. I still need to drybrush the corner unit. Not sure I want to do more. I tried to make the spines duplicate the most common casing colours for re-bound books/journals in college libraries - burgundy, navy, dark green, black, and brown.

I still need to do the mirror-y bits of the mirror, and the paint the scrolls in the pile of books.

Picking up the city set so I'll add to the library stuff... but not in this thread.

I'm tempted to set up a library reading room diorama but with the shelves removable.

I'm also calling the weird astronomical thing done...

20180819_204423.jpg

20180819_210715.jpg

20180819_210948.jpg

Edited by lexomatic
  • Like 8

I need to decide how much more I want to do on balto (hair highlights but not sure what else) and the pensive table. Otherwise it's just the goroloth left. Whoa, things go fast when you're only doing tabletop.

Mirror-just some highlights

Candlesticks-just a bit of flame to make them not look like used prophylactics
:blink:

The owl was just random stippling and the wrong brush for the eyes. Meh, il leave it.

20180820_211642.jpg

20180820_211830.jpg

• Like 8

More today. Finishing up bits and bobs from the wizards study. I also did the laziest hair highlights for Balto (not pictured).

I started the goroloth, and forgot my sample blue ringed octopus and went with the chitinous look(dusky skin shadow w ultramarine shadow up to vampiric skin) . I'm okay but need to figure out where to go from here.

20180826_182001.jpg

20180826_181926.jpg

20180826_181845.jpg

20180826_181706.jpg

20180826_182036.jpg

20180826_182110.jpg

• Like 6

I think I'm going to go part Giger, part Cronenberg on this. Do some super fleshy for the other raised bits. Any good recipes? (I use mostly reaper paints so basic descriptors more useful than weird paint name unless you also know of and mention a closeish reaper colour).

• Like 1