IgwanaRob

LTPK - MSP HD = ?

As stated months ago when we announced the HD line was discontinued, we are not cancelling the HD colors found in either Learn to Paint kit or the Starter Set. (08906, 08907, 09970)

They will be rolled into the Bones Paint line with new SKUs. 

• Like 6

On 11/28/2018 at 9:56 PM, ladystorm said:

As stated months ago when we announced the HD line was discontinued, we are not cancelling the HD colors found in either Learn to Paint kit or the Starter Set. (08906, 08907, 09970)

They will be rolled into the Bones Paint line with new SKUs. 

So, uhm.....  Sorry to bring this back up, but how come some of the paints that are from the HD series and were going to be continued....  Aren't in the shop anymore? 

Dragon Blue for certain isn't showing up anymore, and it's part of the CORE skills LTPK, which would put it as a paint that survived the death of the HD series. 

Edit: are they just temporarily unavailable due to relabelling, or...?

Edited by WhiteWulfe

If I remember right the HD paints in the LTPK are only made for and available in the LTPK. Anne has talked about moving some select HD colors to Bones but that's a bit further out. 

2 hours ago, WhiteWulfe said:

are they just temporarily unavailable due to relabelling, or...?

They have not yet been released with their new numbers.  I have no information on when we can expect this to occur.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ladystorm said:

They have not yet been released with their new numbers.  I have no information on when we can expect this to occur.

Okay, good to know, thanks! 

• Like 1

Ron gave the following answer on Facebook:

We haven't re-released the few HD colors into the Bones line just yet, but we are going to very soon. Those colors are:  

9467 Crimson Red
9468 Brilliant Red
9469 Fireball Orange
9470 Golden Yellow
9471 Bright Turquoise
9472 Dragon Blue
9473 Gem Purple
9474 Caucasian Flesh
9475 Maiden Flesh
9476 Witchcraft Purple
9477 Solid White
9478 Solid Black
9479 Blue Flame
9480 Woodland Brown
9481 Suntan Flesh

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

2 hours ago, Harrek said:

Ron gave the following answer on Facebook:

We haven't re-released the few HD colors into the Bones line just yet, but we are going to very soon. Those colors are:  

9467 Crimson Red
9468 Brilliant Red
9469 Fireball Orange
9470 Golden Yellow
9471 Bright Turquoise
9472 Dragon Blue
9473 Gem Purple
9474 Caucasian Flesh
9475 Maiden Flesh
9476 Witchcraft Purple
9477 Solid White
9478 Solid Black
9479 Blue Flame
9480 Woodland Brown
9481 Suntan Flesh

Ooooh, Fireball Orange survived, as did Brilliant Red, yay!  Pity Rusty Red didn't, but hopefully the new Pathfinder line has a red like that that's even better...

2 hours ago, Cyradis said:

DRAGON BLUE!! YESSSSS!!!

That colour is why I wound up bumping the thread...  I recommended it to somebody, and when they went to look for it, they couldn't find it.  It's probably my goto Blue for a number of things...

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WhiteWulfe said:

That colour is why I wound up bumping the thread...  I recommended it to somebody, and when they went to look for it, they couldn't find it.  It's probably my goto Blue for a number of things...

Anne also mentioned on her Patreon page (which I HIGHLY recommend to anyone) there are a few other colors she thinks are very useful.  So perhaps we might see more down the line as well.  I'd have to go back and watch again to see what ones she mentioned at various times though.  But I also assume we need to see what the Pathfinder line contains.  But I don't think that will have ANY exact old HD paints in it as it sounded like Paizo is working very carefully with Reaper for very specific colors.  And they also seemed to imply it would be all new colors.

• Like 4

Very late reply, but I was thinning some white brush-on primer with Liquitex blue ink (the blue in their basic ink set), and it looked a lot like Dragon Blue. (I was pretty sure it did because I was repainting an area of the figure that was originally painted in Dragon Blue). I find the Liquitex Inks useful for solid colors, such as when I paint GW Imperial Army figures. I'm fiddling with block-painting unprimed areas of plastic figures with white brush-on primer thinned with an ink whose color matches that of the area to be painted (eg. for a blue piece of clothing on several figures, prime with white brush-on primer thinned with blue ink, and paint this area on each figure).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1