This guy is a rad bad dude! Can't wait to see the progress.  

Athak or Kouraneth look like they have similar helmets--plan on swapping, or sculpting your own?

• Like 1

Oo, progress.

Now you got me wanting to try this. Always liked the character/action figure, and the WizKids prepaint was a bit of a disappoinment. Frankly, yours looks like it will be better.

Although the idea of trying to sculpt that helmet rather scares me.

• Like 2

WHAT? NO MORE PROGRESS? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

The WOTC prepaint:

thumbnail_IMG_20180812_154156492.jpg.0768fa0a4d1f1da125a70a79533dcbb3.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180812_154203092.jpg.06ccfa41632bde758da02c503ffd2ff9.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180812_154209001.jpg.b664c932b5e19fbdaed77e19b82a7559.jpg I thought it was nice that they DID one, but I was never terribly crazy about how they DID it. In particular, he should be using that shield for defense, not as a counterweight to a roundhouse swing, durnit.

Do it better.

• Like 7

Thank you!

On 8/12/2018 at 3:36 PM, Dr.Bedlam said:

Oo, progress.

Now you got me wanting to try this. Always liked the character/action figure, and the WizKids prepaint was a bit of a disappoinment. Frankly, yours looks like it will be better.

Although the idea of trying to sculpt that helmet rather scares me.

Thank you.

Trying to sculpt the helmet scares me, too.

So I'm gonna cheat.

22 hours ago, Dr.Bedlam said:

WHAT? NO MORE PROGRESS? THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

The WOTC prepaint:

thumbnail_IMG_20180812_154156492.jpg.0768fa0a4d1f1da125a70a79533dcbb3.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180812_154203092.jpg.06ccfa41632bde758da02c503ffd2ff9.jpgthumbnail_IMG_20180812_154209001.jpg.b664c932b5e19fbdaed77e19b82a7559.jpg I thought it was nice that they DID one, but I was never terribly crazy about how they DID it. In particular, he should be using that shield for defense, not as a counterweight to a roundhouse swing, durnit.

Do it better.

Patience good sir. More green stuff is drying as I type.

I haven't figured out a good way to do his shield bowl shaped, so that might be the one thing I go for 'close enough' with and just do it flat.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

...I haven't figured out a good way to do his shield bowl shaped, so that might be the one thing I go for 'close enough' with and just do it flat.

I think there was a post on Carmen's Fun Painty Time that advised flattening green stuff over a convex Citadel paint lid. Or you could use one of those thumbtacks (though I think that might be more of a buckler than a shield at this scale).  

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this