2905 Arthur Wanderhat, Wizard

ChanSeal

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems that once you have painted for a while, you don't forget the techniques; it's like riding a bike, but with less leg movement.

The Wizardly Old Fellow & his Bird are BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creations. Not doing the Bird as a crow is quite a nice decision. VERY WELL DONE!

• Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone for their comps.

Firstly, let me clear something up, when I said after a “long break”, I meant long break from painting 28mm / Reaper miniatures.

I was painting a LOT of 15mm armies (WW2 / Napoleonics / Ancients) instead. The techniques for 15mm are a bit different from 28’s but my brushwork is far from rusty (although my eyesight is probably shot ^_^) . Sorry for the confusion.

19 hours ago, malefactus said:

It seems that once you have painted for a while, you don't forget the techniques; it's like riding a bike, but with less leg movement.

The Wizardly Old Fellow & his Bird are BEAUTIFULLY painted & based creations. Not doing the Bird as a crow is quite a nice decision. VERY WELL DONE!

Funny, when I first started painting the Mage, the first bird that came to mind was a pigeon.

18 hours ago, Warlady said:

Very nice.  Good to see a wizard painted up in red for a change.

I am planning to do a set of Rainbow Mages. Already done up 2114 Galladon as the Blue Mage, will have to check my lead mountain for the remaining 5.

6 hours ago, Ducknuck84 said:

Very nice, reminds me of Elminster art from the box of 2nd edition AD&D Forgotten realms campaign setting

Wasn't planned that way, but now that you mention it, I quite agree.

• Like 2