Sign in to follow this  
pcktlnt

Tre Manor - Hordes of the Auld World

What other minis should I be comparing these plastic ones to?

WH? KD:M? Malifaux? Something else?

I have a good assortment of orcs for my old WHFB army.  I'm painting some Oathmark goblins and Tre's Bones Orcs as we speak.  

Strictly speaking I shouldn't back this. 

[edit] More info on scale and material would probably be useful in determining just how far I should be pushing the idea of restraint...

Edited by lowlylowlycook

From the beard's mouth:

These goblins are much smaller than my Reaper Goblins. The orcs are not necessarily smaller but they are very different.

• Thanks 1

RBG minis tend to be smaller then Reaper. Love Tre's work, as he is one of my favorite sculptors out there right now but the size difference is enough that haven't bought any, other then what Tre handed me at a past ReaperCon. Thou I may back for the orcs. Love the sculpts.

• Like 1

I'm definitely considering this one, at least for the orcs. All of the RBG minis I have are fantastic. Every one. I'm just waiting to see example pictures of what we will be getting. Not just the painted versions. 

I like Tre's goblins; they have a sort of Brian Froud sensibility that you can't find anywhere except Europe in minis. Now I just need to decide if I need forty bucks worth of them....

• Like 1

This has been cancelled.

Plastic mini Kickstarters are not easy to pull off for small companies.  

Hopefully these sculpts see the light of day one way or another.

• Thanks 1

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SamuraiJack
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/omnissious/omnissious-power-packs-rechargeable-led-kits-for-minis

Story
      The essence of miniature modeling has always been to capture the magic of imaginary worlds. When I was growing up, I used to love looking through magazines showing highly detailed models in epic battle scenes. All those visuals were a catalyst for my imagination thinking of all these magical worlds. I was amazed to find out that not only was it a hobby to build and paint them, but that I could create those magical worlds for myself! Even now, the aspect I appreciate most about this hobby is expressing myself through kitbashing and bringing my imaginations to reality. I’m always thinking of ways to improve the magic of my models so it's only natural that I started thinking of how to add lights to them!
      I was really inspired by what other members of the community were coming up with and the techniques they used to achieve certain effects. I was talking to a talented painter from my local game shop about adding lights to his miniatures. He said it was a really cool idea but lost interest quickly because of all the problems involved with where to put the batteries and how to change them out.
      My partner and I looked around and what most people were doing was adding a cell battery to the bottom of their bases and letting it dangle out or sealing something a bit more heavy duty in their models. We set out to design a power system that fits in the base, and is rechargeable to keep your models playable and removing all the hassle with jerry-rigged battery systems.
      The solution we came up with is an easy plug-in system so once you have the model wired up, you just have to connect it to the power pack and close it up! Once your model is finished and the power pack is in the base, charging your model is as simple as displaying it on the charging station. We used a wireless charging system similar to the Qi chargers used for phones. 
      The charging station uses a USB cord so you can easily charge it in any wall socket or even from your computer!  
      Here is how to install the Omnissious power packs:
      Step 1: Drill a hole in the base where you want to connect your model Step 2: Thread the electrical wire through Step 3: Plug in your Power Pack With backgrounds in engineering, it was important for us to confirm that our device could be mass produced before asking for funding. So we worked directly with a manufacturer to test and confirm manufacturing plans. We even tested the prototypes on our models and have been using them in our weekly games and tournaments… for uh, science. Check them out!
      LEDs in the heads light and the canon LEDs in the plasma gun LEDs to light up the candles on this ritual table LEDs in the eyes and right hand LED color options displayed in a group of elementals  
    • By MusicalFeline
      So, a coworker and fellow painter gave me a bunch of unwanted Warhammer Underworlds Shadespire minis, so uh... Guess that's mostly what you guys will be seeing from me in the near future!

As I'm just naturally inclined to orcs, and these guys look absolutely awesome, I painted Ironskull's Boyz first. Also, finally got my hands on some premade washes, so I ditched homemade watered down paints on these. Personally, I think it made 'em look pretty good!

The number of ants that tried to photobomb this shot was ridiculous.

The lighting on the individual shots was being weird, so sorry if some are darker and other lighter!

• By Lidless Eye
      Hadn't seen this here yet:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1620164718/28mm-pig-faced-orcs?ref=user_menu

You enter the cavern with water dripping down from overhead. The smell of rotten meat is thick in the air. From up ahead in the distance you hear the loud battle cry of your enemy SQUEEEEEEE! 
      Painted by Ben Rodman      Pig faced orcs.  The most iconic encounter of any classic adventure. We have a nice variety of these little oinkers in the pen.
      We enlisted the help of Bobby Jackson to sculpt the porcs and Jason Wiebe for all the pork besties. They did an awesome job.
      Fortress Figures will be casting these beauties up in lead free white metal. 
      Any support for our small family owned business is greatly appreciated.
      Painted by world renowned artist Rob Wheeler Painted by world renowned artist Rob Wheeler      This project is for unpainted, white metal and/or resin figurines. Models are provided NOT painted. Models are scaled to 28mm toe to eye or 1:60. Models are provided with a plastic tab/slot base. Figurines are not toys and are intended only for adults. Models may require some assembly, may have sharp or pointed parts and are a choking hazard to anyone prone to put them in their mouth.

I backed for the Ettin(ess) Bodyguard myself

• By MusicalFeline
      Well, in case you haven't noticed, I'm on a bit of a goblin streak. Those pyros were fun, but now it's the Pathfinder Goblin Warriors!

As I did previously, I took a picture of them out in the backyard, just to see how they'd look in as realistic of an environment as it's gonna get, another in my little "Mini pictures area" (Spoiler: It's literally just my desk with a piece of white paper behind it. Sorry to ruin the magic! ), and lastly one of my favorite goblin. Any constructive criticism is welcome!

Sidenote: I'm still not confident enough to try out eyes. I'll get to that eventually. 

• By Lihmeth
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/medieval-village-npc/dungeon-tile-sorcerer/description

Basically, a program to plan your dungeon. Pretty useful for 3D printing, and comes with it's own set of Egyptian tiles. You'll be able to upload other tiles as well, if you have the STL files. Super Early Bird (50% off, 25$) still available for now ;)
      They have some videos on the page that show how it works.
  • Who's Online   22 Members, 1 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)