Wren

ReaperCon 2018 Sophie

Lovely, Rhonda.  Luminous and so smooth, except of course where you painted a texture deliberately.  (That innermost skirt -- organza, maybe?)

Looking forward to seeing the figure in a couple of weeks with my own eyes.

Derek

• Like 5

Absolutely stunning figure and painting - luminous and rich - and her wings match her hair tones! Beautiful blues... and she may be my favorite Sophie too!

• Like 1

On 8/19/2018 at 1:21 AM, dks said:

Lovely, Rhonda.  Luminous and so smooth, except of course where you painted a texture deliberately.  (That innermost skirt -- organza, maybe?)

Looking forward to seeing the figure in a couple of weeks with my own eyes.

Derek

Derek - I know the look of the material I was aiming for (because I felt Izzy painted that in her colour art), but not the name! Sheer  with lots of little vertical folds. Maybe Izzy will be able to educate me about it at ReaperCon. Thank you for the kind words, I look forward to hearing what you think of her in person.

Thank you everyone so much for your kind words. And I agree with all of you saying this is one cool Sophie. Definitely want to grab more of these to paint up myself. Talin and Bob did a bang-up job!

Also if anyone's interested, I've started a blog, and I recently put up a post talking about some of the fun and challenges of painting to match 2D artwork, with the example of this figure. Other topics so far include ReaperCon (and conventions generally) and painting fur patterns.

https://birdwithabrush.com/2018/08/22/painting-figures-to-match-art-reapercon-2018-sophie/

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

19 minutes ago, wdmartin said:

So, have I missed the window to purchase this figure? I kept looking on the Reaper home page for it, but it never showed up there ...

As far as I know, the Con has now ended and the stuff like the swag bag will be available somewhere between today and a few days from now.

I imagine this goes for Sophie as well?

• Like 2

On 9/5/2018 at 2:07 AM, wdmartin said:

So, have I missed the window to purchase this figure? I kept looking on the Reaper home page for it, but it never showed up there ...

You can find the 2018 ReaperCon Sophie right HERE. I just got one in the mail today. Even unpainted in the blister pack, it's lovely. Can't wait to paint it!! :lol:

Wren also posted a great blog explaining some of the steps she went through to paint this Sophie figure HERE. I'm hoping to try her brush-on primer "value mapping" technique from the blog.

• Like 6

I see CorallineAlgae beat me to it. I'm very bad at social media I guess! I'm going to include a few pictures here, but there are additional pictures and more text explanation of my painting process for Sophie on my blog. And if you scroll back through older posts there are some on the scenes blog posts from the convention itself: https://birdwithabrush.com/2018/09/06/reapercon-2018-sophie-painting-process/

sk-wip-back.jpg

sk-wip-face.jpg

sk-wip-freehand2.jpg

sk-wip-wings-back.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

I loved seeing her in person as always Rhonda beautiful. All the tiny details were just perfect. Thank you for sharing some of your process it's awesome to get to see it.

• Like 2

She is charming and beautifully painted. The delicacy and handling of color is just masterful.

• Like 1