Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
I have created a little diorama / terrain piece to go with my Lost World Project.
I used the base of Kaladrax Bones, now OOP to create some Aztec style ruins.
The smaller Aztec ruin pieces are from Greenstuffworld.
For the creatures in the murky river I used the Moray Eel of Reaper's 02948: Familiar Pack VII, sculpted a lungfish and some Trilobites myself ( almost invisible in the murky water as they should be.) and I sculpted a second eel.
And a Bones Centipede 77427: Dungeon Vermin - Centipede .
The Plantlife are the Plant Dragon and the Deathstar Lilies from Bones
77505: Dragon Plant and 77504: Death Star Lilies .
The Triceratops cadaver is a plastic Triceratops skeleton which I fleshed out with putty.
The little feathered raptors are Ral Partha Velocirapors and I used putty to give them feathers.
There is a juvenile Barchiosaurus in the back he's from a Paint and Play set from Wild Republic.
The Flying Creature is an OOP Metal Terradon from Games Workshop.
The Giant Centipede is from Safari Toob Animals which I repainted.
Thanks to @knarthex for providing me with flock, @strawhat for sending me the Toob Animals from which the Giant Centipede is now used, @TaleSpinner for his advice on sculpting feathers, I'm not superb good at it but I think it worked.
@SisterMaryNapalm and @malefactus for their ongoing support and tips.
This is a little sideproject from my Lost World Project
WIP here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69308-lost-world-project-glitterwolf-paints-coldblooded-creatures-and-conquistadores/&
I think it deserves it's own WIP.
It will be covered in the Lost World as well, but there it will be interrupted by the other things I paint and build there.
With courtesy to @malefactus , @Peithetairosand @Chris Palmer for inspiring me with their awesome terrainbuilding.
It all started when I noticed my spare base from Kaladrax.
Kaladrax was put on a crypt as can be seen here: http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77556-kaladrax-on-her-mausoleum-by-glitterwolf/
At first it was just an idea, putting some jungle stuff on that.
But then things kinda got out of hand a bit.
And some fericious foam cutting
Something that's missing from my gaming terrain collection are bodies of water, so I thought I'd better make some. Unlike roads, a river can't really just start or stop in the middle of the board, so I'll need enough pieces to cover about a two and a half metre length, enough to go from end to end of my table.
This is the test piece, trying out methods and colours. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, but I feel that it's lacking something and I'm not quite sure what it is. Perhaps it's that everything is quite even in height, so there's no drama of composition.
The base is 3mm MDF, sealed with black spray primer, and the banks were built up with Das air-drying clay. The rocks are just bits of gravel. The grass is several colours of sawdust flock, and the taller vegetation is foam clump foliage.
The water itself is just three or four coats of acrylic gloss medium brushed over paint, with various depths indicated by lighter or darker tones. I didn't want a perfectly smooth surface, so it's just been brushed with a narrowish brush to indicate the flow of the water. I haven't added any indications of the direction of flow, such as ripple trails off the rocks, because I want to be able to flip the modules end-for-end to maximise flexibility of use.
The ends are 100mm wide, and this piece is about 350mm long.
I was tasked with painting up a little ceramic puppy statue- but I couldnâ€™t help but think it looked like Barong. Especially the way he is portrayed in the Persona games.
So, thatâ€™s the direction I took him in. The basing is all my construction (it is based on images of Balinese bridges).
Anyway, here he is:
These are a couple of little bridge kits from the prepainted Renaissance Miniatures East Asian line. I put them together as part of a terrain bundle for my husband's birthday.
I think of them as the sort of thing that would show up in a zen garden.
Putting the slats on was a little fiddly because they sort of held the whole thing together at first. I needed to glue down a couple of steps at each end, then wait and glue the rest later.
These are Hasslefree figures and a little Breyer horse for scale.
Who's Online 7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)