Sign in to follow this  
Rigel

Upstairs, Downstairs III: Season of the Rich

And here we see the manor's inhabitants and staff outside on their spacious grounds. Sir Autumnheath and Rigsby the gamekeeper are played by an RAFM Call of Cthulhu Professor and a Black Cat Townsfolk, respectively. Meg the chauffeuse and Mister Price the groundskeeper are again from Artizan's laudably expressive Thrilling Tales. The car is a Star Wars-themed promotional vehicle, but the lines seemed perfect for the subject.

"I say, Rigsby, almost had that dashed fox, what?"
"Went to earth in Betton Woods, he did, sir, and if you'll take my advice, sir, that's where you'll leave him. The folk around here tell some queer tales about this place, and won't none of them venture in after dark, not for love nor money neither."

DSCN4237.thumb.JPG.ccca93e91926fd7a71fb0f6fdb9ee95f.JPG
"Superstitious twaddle, Rigsby; gin-addled old wives' tales. We 'boys of the bulldog breed' are made of sterner stuff, I should hope!"
"Ay, sir, but all the same it don't feel canny. Air smells off somehow here."

DSCN4234.thumb.JPG.9af2262d29ba8f58428e7f1ff85668e0.JPG

"Evenin's comin' on, Meg. His Nibs ain't back yet?"
"Nay, Mr. Price; Himself took off a-hunting down yonder with the gamekeeper out by Bettonstowe."

DSCN4220.thumb.JPG.f313f08eeed35dba0fb2d00b0846b167.JPG
"That's powerful close to Betton Wood, innit? Won't no good come to the master nor anyone, he goes a-pokin' in there."
DSCN4219.thumb.JPG.d811e43f99cccfca24b479214200c37e.JPG

"..."
DSCN4233.thumb.JPG.c4c7c6c83c58387aa7e9f4ee134e9a05.JPG

"Egads, Rigsby, what is THAT? SHOOT IT!"
"I am shootin', sir! It don't do no good! Run, sir!"

DSCN4235.thumb.JPG.17e426f4004bceed856972d7316bc114.JPG

"Suppose as it might be good to go and fetch 'em, afore aught comes to harm, eh Meg?"
"Suppose as you might be right, Mr. Price."
DSCN4221.thumb.JPG.579f18ca6661c6bd8947414b67a5c897.JPG

Also featuring a very special guest appearance from an RAFM Dark Young, and Reaper's own Cairn Wraith as the Statue.

• Like 12

6 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

Great work and story to go with it!

Exactly what I was going to say!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, all!  Judging from the Conquistadors thread, you know from good mini-stories, so this is high praise indeed! 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this