CAVCon CAV:SO at ReaperCon

Just wondering what sort of stuff I could bring for any CAV:SO games that might be going on at CavCon/RCon?

I haven't really put together any forces, because I haven't yet played.  Wondering if I should try to bring my own (mostly unpainted) force, or if there will be Demo forces available? 

If you own some CAV stuff, put together a 5k force and you'll be fine (or maybe also a 2.5k force.). There will be stuff there to play with as well, though I believe the tournament on Saturday is a bring your own force!  There are "tournament points" for painting, but if you just want to play, bring what you have how they are! :)

• Like 2
  • Reaper User

We will have plenty of stuff to play for people to use and I hope to have a couple of extra tourney forces for someone to "drop" in with. I should have a computer/printer to print out data cards so you should be all set!

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Savage Coyote said:

If you own some CAV stuff, put together a 5k force and you'll be fine (or maybe also a 2.5k force.). There will be stuff there to play with as well, though I believe the tournament on Saturday is a bring your own force!  There are "tournament points" for painting, but if you just want to play, bring what you have how they are! :)

I'll have to see if I have time between now and then to put together something halfway coherent.   I don't care for tournaments, so I won't be doing that anyway. 

15 minutes ago, CAVBOSS said:

We will have plenty of stuff to play for people to use and I hope to have a couple of extra tourney forces for someone to "drop" in with. I should have a computer/printer to print out data cards so you should be all set!

Thanks. I'm going to bring some, I just don't know how coherent it will be. 

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I don't care for tournaments, so I won't be doing that anyway. 

Thanks. I'm going to bring some, I just don't know how coherent it will be. 

I've posted an article on the Starhawk VI in another section of the CAV site that talks about "force building" near the end.  My personal preference is an attack section with three attack, one recon unit with EST/ECM, then sprinkle to taste on a second section with tanks/infantry/fire support.

CAVBoss will have plenty of stuff to play with of course! :)

Looking forward to learning to build forces and play.  Would love some education on force construction and how the different pieces (heavy, attack, recon, etc) work to make up the force.  Some of it just falls to getting a chance to play with someone who knows what they are doing ::D:

• Like 2

Rats! I didn’t realize this was there!  It was a separate purchase, but buried a bit on the website. Assuming the “session time-out” error means it’s too late. 

Any idea if I‘d be able to purchase the add on at the door?

ETA: Guess I should tag @CAVBOSS to alert the question to him. 

Edited by Pegazus
2 minutes ago, Pegazus said:

Rats! I didn’t realize this was there!  It was a separate purchase, but buried a bit on the website. Assuming the “session time-out” error means it’s too late. 

Any idea if I‘d be able to purchase the add on at the door?

ETA: Guess I should tag @CAVBOSS to alert the question to him. 

I was under the impression that CAVCon was being held concurrently with ReaperCon, and that it was included in the RCon admission.  I didn't ever see anything about separate tickets for it. 

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, kristof65 said:

I was under the impression that CAVCon was being held concurrently with ReaperCon, and that it was included in the RCon admission.  I didn't ever see anything about separate tickets for it. 

Perhaps. I think things are scrambled this year, info-wise. Looking at https://reapercon.com/cav and it has a mix of 2018 and 2017 on it. Looks to be a new graphic for the shirt, so I didn’t read that closely but simply tried hitting the ACE add-on. On second read, there seems to be quite a bit of 2017 stuff sitting there. 

It’s the end of the week, I’m buried in paperwork, and so my brain is not fully filunctikning. 

ETA: That last word was not intentional, but very appropriate. Leaving it. 

• Like 1
  • Reaper User

There is no separate buy-in for any CAV related events this year. The ReaperCon site is outdated, with information from last year.

If you want a CAV-CON t-shirt visit... https://www.zazzle.com/talon_games

For the special edition CAV-CON mini, the Dart, visit our booth at the show for purchase.

To play in a game...show up at our table area throughout the show.

To play in the tournament, sign up at the booth starting Thursday through Saturday morning (check out www.cav-con.com for more info).

There is also separate painting awards for CAV based entries (best single, diorama, multi-unit)!

Edited by CAVBOSS
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

the jelly bean mercs are coming with me...  Hoping I can get some time to discuss play style and what the pieces do as well as some play time and some example army lists. 

they aren't the best paint jobs out there but they do stand out on the playing field!

I seem to do a lot better with tactical games if someone walks me through the builds and how to use the pieces, otherwise I usually default to 'gee that looks big/good/cool, I'll put some of those out' school of army building.

[one of the reasons I play Eldar in 40k instead of grey knights; the elder look cooler!]

• Like 2