Cyradis

03811: S'Kara, Female Skoli Warrior by Cyr

Thoughts on highlight placement? Just put a partial highlight in each spot to be smoothed out and increased later. 

20180828_131802.jpg

20180828_131758.jpg

20180828_131755.jpg

20180828_131752.jpg

• Like 15

Her face still creeps me out a bit ("I can still see you - even if you split in two!"), but the rest is awesome. I am once again deeply impressed by what you present here, especially, as from my point of view, this is a demonic version of Carole Landis, and I simply approve that!

You know, I just thought: why not get a second version of her, then make her spear weapon a scalpel and her sword a brush?

Edited by SisterMaryNapalm
  • Like 1

She is part demon - I think it is okay for her to have a stern and slightly creepy face. As long as it is well painted ^_^ I ran with it on the sculpt being really triangular - she has a pointy chin and strong cheek bones. I shaded the heck out of that to look even more-so. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Cyradis said:

She is part demon - I think it is okay for her to have a stern and slightly creepy face. As long as it is well painted ^_^ I ran with it on the sculpt being really triangular - she has a pointy chin and strong cheek bones. I shaded the heck out of that to look even more-so. 

Touché. ^^

More progress on the armor. Next up are the shoulders. I think the animal thing on one side will be done later in another color though. 

20180829_172520.jpg

20180829_172517.jpg

• Like 14

Hmm. I had not. I was thinking a golden bear. *shrug* I'll deal with it when I get there! 

• Like 2

More work on shoulders and boots and spikes. Next up is the last glove and the bear raccoon thing. 

20180901_163305.jpg

20180901_163300.jpg

20180901_163257.jpg

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Glitterwolf said:

She looks great :wub:

Ok one more try!

roseswlf.jpg

Marry me or I eat you ist not the best reaction, Wolf.

//

Once again - I really love her. You did a great job!

My favorites are the NNM and the chest area, because it looks like she's wearing a see-through thingy and you did a great job on the transitions regarding that (if it is just some kind of colour mashup, that even more awesome.

• Haha 3

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Darcstaar
      I love this model.  Even with her slightly too-long sword hilt and bendy sword.  I straightened it, but it has slowly bent again.
      This is a figure to represent a female paladin of Sarenrae for our Pathfinder Reign of Winter campaign: a redhead whose favorite color is green.  That is why she is on a snow base.
      I wanted to spend a lot of time on her, and am very happy with the blending on the gray NMM.  It took about 3 rounds of painting transitions then glazing over the lines to smooth everything out.
      I tried a little weathering to the leather scabbards and belt to make them look scratched from adventuring use. 
      This was also the first time I tried giving a female figure makeup: blush, eye shadow, and lipstick.  I'm not sure how good that came out, I'll let you all tell me.
      The sword blade was the least successful part.  It just didn't want to cooperate, which is due in part to the softer details on the casting.
      I hope you like her as much as I do.  C&C Welcome.

• By odinsgrandson
      At this point, I've done enough Arena Rex that I should probably just dedicate a single thread to collecting them.  So here we go.

• By lazarp
      So I'm still experimenting with glow effects, but I'm pretty happy with this one 
      Painted her to be used as a sorcerer in my 9th age army

• By paedia
      I finished one of my favorite figures from the original Bones Kickstarter: Trista, the White Wolf. Patrick Keith is one of my favorite sculptors and he did a great job with her - especially with her realistic proportions and armor. I wasn't digging the original sword, so I swapped it out using the weapon sprue from Bones 3.

I bunch of thanks to all of the forum members who gave great encouragement and suggestions in my WIP thread.

• By paedia
      [Warning: lots of images incoming]

Next up on my table are the miniatures from Cerebria: The Inside World, a boardgame from Mindclash Games in which the forces of Bliss and Gloom vie for control of an evolving personality.

I'm going to try to do these two at a time (one from each team); the first two will be Harmony and Malice.

Session 1 - prime + zenithal highlight

Harmony

Malice

Session 2

Harmony
      With the airbrush, I did base+shading of the wings and base of the body. Colors used:
      - Twilight Blue
      - Snow Shadow
      - Surf Aqua
      - Violet Light
      - Sunset Purple
      - Maggot White

Malice
      For malice, I'm starting with the NMM-bronze-ish body. I base coated with Khaki Shadow, then used Ghoul Skin and Moldy Skin for initial highlighting. Shadows are Woodstain Brown and NMM Gold Shadow (which I am not that fond of for Gold, but seems to work well here). Any other color recommendations? I finished up the session with basing the skirt in Redstone.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 194 Guests (See full list)