Sign in to follow this  
Chaoswolf

Box of Goodwill round 7 picture/chatter thread

There is also a lot of indecision for me at least.  Do I take the piece offered or let it pass on in the he that someone will do something more spectacular?

Like now, the box has a, to me, instant diorama.  Do I take it or see what someone else does.  And if I take it, what do I put back??

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Kangaroorex said:

There is also a lot of indecision for me at least.  Do I take the piece offered or let it pass on in the he that someone will do something more spectacular?

Like now, the box has a, to me, instant diorama.  Do I take it or see what someone else does.  And if I take it, what do I put back??

I think you should go for it and give the pieces a home if you see something inspiring.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Shadowphaze said:

I think you should go for it and give the pieces a home if you see something inspiring.

than I shall!  the fact that they will also fit a 1/50 scale model ship I built will also add to the fun!  Pictures this weekend

• Like 10

My feeling is take it while you see it, and if you find after a year you haven't used it, send it back into circulation in the next BOGW.

• Like 11

Here is what I took from Generic Fighter's box.  It seemed like a lot, but as I said, this box was crammed to bursting with awesomeness, and I hardly put a dent in the contents.  Fear not, those of you down the line - there is great stuff to come!  I have much metal goodness to add, plus some surprises.  I still have to paint my portion of our shared mini, and make some final decisions as to replacement contents, but I hope to have the box winging it's way by this weekend.

BoGW stuff 2.JPG

• Like 18

There was some space in our box since I was at the beginning of the circuit this time, so I had a ton of fun shoving all sorts of goodies in there for y'all to find! I had also wanted to put in a couple of the little pumpkins I was working on for polymer clay practice. I'm glad they were just practice - I had forgotten that polymer clay gets super crumbly when left alone down here. They practically disintegrated when I picked them up for finishing touches just now. Sooooo. Those didn't make it in the box. :blush:

I took out a gaming mat (not pictured, as it's still on the way to me - Clearman had a little card in the box to represent the mat), some cool little stickers, and a couple minis:

91004: Texas Ranger Female, Bones

- 03125: Bailey Silverbell, Dwarf, Metal

- Haldir (Haldir!!! What line is he from? Where can I get moooooore metal LotR minis)

- This heckin' fierce female orc who looks ready to throw down (who is she?)

IMG_20180926_1542272403.jpg?width=803&height=603

Thanks, BoG! :wub:

• Like 13

@Morihalda---The metal LOTR minis are/were made by Games Workshop. I'm not sure if they're still making any of them in metal, but I know they are making some LoTR stuff in plastic.

7 hours ago, Chris Palmer said:

My feeling is take it while you see it, and if you find after a year you haven't used it, send it back into circulation in the next BOGW.

This. I've taken some stuff, never used it, and sent it back out on a subsequent round. Other stuff I have painted the same night it came out of the box.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Morihalda said:

There was some space in our box since I was at the beginning of the circuit this time, so I had a ton of fun shoving all sorts of goodies in there for y'all to find! I had also wanted to put in a couple of the little pumpkins I was working on for polymer clay practice. I'm glad they were just practice - I had forgotten that polymer clay gets super crumbly when left alone down here. They practically disintegrated when I picked them up for finishing touches just now. Sooooo. Those didn't make it in the box. :blush:

I took out a gaming mat (not pictured, as it's still on the way to me - Clearman had a little card in the box to represent the mat), some cool little stickers, and a couple minis:

91004: Texas Ranger Female, Bones

- 03125: Bailey Silverbell, Dwarf, Metal

- Haldir (Haldir!!! What line is he from? Where can I get moooooore metal LotR minis)

IMG_20180926_1542272403.jpg?width=803&height=603

ahh, more decals finding a home.  

FYI, anyone looking for those WDU decals - that company was shut down by my partner and I back in 2002.  So don't waste a stamp trying to get a hold of them. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Morihalda said:

Stonehaven Miniatures Half-Orc Gunslinger

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I will try & get the Platypus box out today. Most likely Friday. 

Box has a ton of stuff in it & I haven't had a good chance to sit down with it, besides pulling out some Freebooter plastic bases. 

• Like 5

On 9/26/2018 at 2:18 PM, Warlady said:

Here is what I took from Generic Fighter's box.  It seemed like a lot, but as I said, this box was crammed to bursting with awesomeness, and I hardly put a dent in the contents.  Fear not, those of you down the line - there is great stuff to come!  I have much metal goodness to add, plus some surprises.  I still have to paint my portion of our shared mini, and make some final decisions as to replacement contents, but I hope to have the box winging it's way by this weekend.

BoGW stuff 2.JPG

Wow. you took ALL of the bases I made for the box? All My Base are Belong to You? :P

GF

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

Yes, All Your Base are Belong to Me!  ;-)

Not to worry - I put lots of other goodies in.  I practically had to sit on the box to get it closed enough to tape up!  And I promise to put those bases to good use and post pictures.

• Like 5

I'll get a picture up tomorrow of what I took out of the pcktlnt box. I totally missed a couple of minis I noted in the notebook. Lots of goodies in the box!

• Like 4