Box of Goodwill round 7 picture/chatter thread

Chaoswolf

21 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

And my son selected:

20181017_165531.thumb.jpg.e66481d3e8b45fad2adb2c641a2772c3.jpg

Is the second bag a bunch of Space Marine bits? If so might I suggest your son try playing the real humans instead of the suped up ones. Of course I play regular guardsmen so maybe I'm biased.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, Tripleh5133 said:

I think they're 40k bits. 

He's getting ready to start up a game that's modern/post apocalyptic & has a friend that may be able to use them.

I was about to ask what those were as well. Nice selection!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rat13 said:

Is the second bag a bunch of Space Marine bits? If so might I suggest your son try playing the real humans instead of the suped up ones. Of course I play regular guardsmen so maybe I'm biased.

I'm biased too.  Everyone has Space Marines.  Nobody plays Tallarn desert Riders, which so needs to be fixed.  Or even the Apocalypse guys anymore... 

Catachans forever here, I'm biased as all sin, and I haven't even watched the Rambo films!  (I just like the fact they grew up on a jungle death world, where not only do the mosquitos try to kill you, but so does all the flora too) 

Cadians are pretty cool too, I've been tempted to do up some of them (as an excuse to get the "getting started with Catachans" boxed set, and then give the Cadians the armor), and they have some awesome fluff too. 

But yeah, eh, Space Marines, Imperial Guard gets all the fun toys that hit harder, and if you want power armor, there's always Space Wolves! :p  (I've always wanted a Space Wolf army, since 3rd edition, I won't lie.  They are more my thing though, due to their theme, fenrisian wolves, their fluff, and the fact they use modified Imperial Guard tanks because "they just work. Period.  And hit hard!") 

1 hour ago, Tripleh5133 said:

I think they're 40k bits. 

He's getting ready to start up a game that's modern/post apocalyptic & has a friend that may be able to use them.

Are they resin, or plastic?  Just curious, because in some ways they almost look like something you'd get at Anvil.  My credit card will weep hard when I put an order in at Anvil one of these days, soooo many gorgeous options. 

• Like 2

On 9/15/2018 at 4:48 PM, Chris Palmer said:

I finalized my selections from the @Clearman box, and we had something of a box party here, with @Rob Dean bringing his box by for our monthly Ghost Archipelago game.   The guys all rooted through the boxes, and we got so many donations back, I'm not sure I can squeeze it all in!  

I should be able to mail on Tuesday.   (With a very very small chance I can manage it on Monday.) 

What I took from the two boxes:

Reveal hidden contents

(Error Spoiler box that I can't delete for some reason)

Hide contents

fullsizeoutput_3b32.jpeg

@Knabe's selections from the Clearman box

The Captain and the Corsair are figures I picked up from Pontoonier Miniatures at Adepticon some time in the last few years, accidental duplicates. They also make dwarf and orc pirates.

• Like 5

On 9/26/2018 at 4:19 PM, Morihalda said:

There was some space in our box since I was at the beginning of the circuit this time, so I had a ton of fun shoving all sorts of goodies in there for y'all to find! I had also wanted to put in a couple of the little pumpkins I was working on for polymer clay practice. I'm glad they were just practice - I had forgotten that polymer clay gets super crumbly when left alone down here. They practically disintegrated when I picked them up for finishing touches just now. Sooooo. Those didn't make it in the box. :blush:

I took out a gaming mat (not pictured, as it's still on the way to me - Clearman had a little card in the box to represent the mat), some cool little stickers, and a couple minis:

91004: Texas Ranger Female, Bones

- 03125: Bailey Silverbell, Dwarf, Metal

- Haldir (Haldir!!! What line is he from? Where can I get moooooore metal LotR minis)

- This heckin' fierce female orc who looks ready to throw down (who is she?)

IMG_20180926_1542272403.jpg?width=803&height=603

Thanks, BoG! :wub:

The gunslinging lady orc is from Stonehaven. I have a copy of her half painted.

• Like 6

On 10/15/2018 at 5:54 PM, Kangaroorex said:

BTW the base in the second picture is the one that goes with the figure.  Didn't know if  you realized that or not.

I wasn't sure it it was or not, tbh. They were bagged together, but the different resin colors threw me off. Thanks for letting me know!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Glitterwolf said:

*** Holds paws before eyes, peeks through fingers***

*** Is it safe yet?***

no information has been released on the content of the box being shipped to WOOF headquarters.  the highly sensitive surprise information remains unforetold

Repeat:  the WOOF shipment remains a mystery and is uncompromised.  the agent can take his paws off his eyes! ::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 6