Box of Goodwill round 7 picture/chatter thread

Chaoswolf

7 minutes ago, GrandPrince said:

This seems like a neat idea, though what I have is incredibly random and I'm not sure if they are Bones 3, 4, or whatever..

Don't worry about random.  That's part of the fun.  They don't even need to be bones. If you have models you don't want, you can swap them out for something in the box.  It's all about sharing the wealth and having fun. 

• Like 7

• Replies 515
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Clearman said:

Don't worry about random.  That's part of the fun.  They don't even need to be bones. If you have models you don't want, you can swap them out for something in the box.  It's all about sharing the wealth and having fun. 

Groovy!  I like eclectic things, so getting a random box of awesomeness to dig through and add to would be fun.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, GrandPrince said:

Groovy!  I like eclectic things, so getting a random box of awesomeness to dig through and add to would be fun.

It is!

Just throw in any miniature ( Scifi/Fantasy/Historical) you want to get rid off, maybe a small piece of terrain, bases, dice etc.

And then swap it for what you do like.

It's a lot of fun.

• Like 6

19 hours ago, GrandPrince said:

This seems like a neat idea, though what I have is incredibly random and I'm not sure if they are Bones 3, 4, or whatever..

Like everyone else has already said, it doesn't matter what kind of figures you have; everything is fair game for the box.

We'll be starting a new one up soon-ish (I'm still waiting to get back the box i sent out last round).

• Like 7

I'm super excited about the possibility of another box of goodwill. I remember how much fun it was to go dig through and add in stuff. 

If any of you are ever in Houston, gimme a call an we'll go to Texas Art Asylum. It's like a box of goodwill and a flea market had a baby. It's the coolest place in the world. Morihalda and I went last week and ahd a blast! 

So, yeah. I've got stuff. ::D:

• Like 9

We have a nearby place, "The Scrap Exchange", that's in the same way.  They have a thrift shop and an upcycled art project location.  I've found old action figures, board games, random broken jewelry, and even some random hobby paints and water effects in varying visits.  We also got some great tableclothes that will eventually be repurposed into game mats.

• Like 7

I admire your enthusiasm, but getting people to post pics of their loot once was pretty hard in some cases, getting 'em to do it twice would probably be impossible.:lol:

It's probably best to just let this thread ride off into the sunset, so there isn't any confusion between this one and the new one.

• Like 5