Sign in to follow this  
Lord of the Dish Pit

Witch House

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Rob Dean
      So, I invoke the 3 foot rule on these; one could go back and forth forever attempting to edge half-timbered buildings.

I have been idly working on new scenery since the pandemic, and finished two more buildings plus a well I bought a few months ago.  (That’s lightning speed compared to some projects.)  These are sold on Amazon by some outfit called Ender Toys.  I picked up a group of four, and a second group of two, some fences and the well.  

If these are an example of what I could get at home, I’m not rushing out to get a printer to wrestle with.  The filament lines are pretty distinct close up.

However, they are light and didn’t take all that long to paint, so I think they will be fine in a game.

I posted the earlier buildings plus some tree bases in this thread: https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/92205-tree-group-bases/

The overall building collection now looks like this, including a Battle Masters tower:

My crystal ball says there is a skirmish game in my near future...
    • By Lord of the Dish Pit
      Inspired by the weekend question, I took some pictures of the army thus far and found that posting it in the question thread would be excessive, also that I didn't have an ongoing thread for my largest painted army so here it is. The plan is to get my Shelf of Incompleteion cleared off then work on reinforcements for this alongside my Old School Undead army. 

Here we have the Pumpkin construct unit led by a Storybook Witch from Old Glory. I have 3 more of her, but the bag only came with the one flight stand and the Reaper ones I have don't fit, when I get around that, they'll form their own unit. Behind her is Rotpatch, and the scarecrow is hanging out with these guys until I can get a couple more. The constructs are filling the slot of core infantry.

Here is a Ral Partha Witch leading the Pumpkin Knight heavy infantry consisting of the Halloween Knight and converted Barrow Wardens. 

Willow Greenivy leading the skeletal Pumpkin Guard. 10 newer GW skeletions and a variety of Reaper Bones. 

Elise with the Pumpkin Chucker and some Bones skeletal archers providing ranged support.

A female Necromancer and the Etherial Legion of ghosts and wraiths. 

An Iconic Witch, Pumpkin Spider, and friends.

A converted Brettonian Sorceress with the skeletal heavy infantry. Basically, what happens when adventurers irritate the witches.

Bats, wolves, and allied vampires. 

Another vampire and werewolf allies.

Zombies, ghouls, and another Reaper Witch. 

Beastmen and hell hounds with an infernalist witch. 
    • By Gadgetman!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/621743078/hellion-witches

This is a great set of pewter miniature witches that fit well in any 28mm heroic to 32mm fantasy miniature range. The witches are done in a pin up style with plenty of personality, and are ready cast their spells and curses on the gaming table. 
        As soon as the campaign ends production and delivery of the miniatures will commence. The goal is to have the miniatures in your hands within a month of the campaign ending.
      Picture is to show witch miniature scale comparison between two REAPER miniatures. Risks and challenges
      Little risk other than small mail delivery delays from the postal services. The miniatures are ready to be cast.

• By pcktlnt
      The Village of the Witches, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/the-village-of-the-witches

Has villagers and their witch counterpart.
    • By KruleBear
      Seeing the nice results on different wip's using "N" scale Outland Models buildings for CAV terrain, I picked up a few kits myself....and I actually finished one! This is the train railway modern garage / logistic center. I was shooting for a fairly new concrete precast type building. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. I used mostly sponge stiling to achieve the look.  Here it is with one of my best painted CAV for scale ( he is in the classic B&W T.V. Camo pattern ).

Now for the problems....I was able to get a nice sky / earth effect on the window panes, but it does't even show in the photos. Next one I will probably use brighter colors for the sky and earth reflection. The decal on the roof was also a big fail. I tried a method of rubbing the ink off of a printed page as shown on the Baremetal YouTube videos. That was a failure. I used an inkjet printer and I suspect he used a laser printer which would explain the problem I ran over. I was partially successful in hiding the problem by printing out a badge from the CAV kickstarter and varnishing it to the roof. The center of the badge was cut out and I stipled blue in the cutout. Lastly my clumsy hands broke several assembly pins while assembly the building with all the paint on it...so superglue came to the rescue! 

Anyways C&C is welcome.

-MIKE
  • Who's Online   17 Members, 2 Anonymous, 44 Guests (See full list)