Sign in to follow this  
Darkrelease

Star Wars: Rebel Fire

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away…

Star Wars

It is a period of civil war. Rebel starships, striking from a hidden base, have won their fist victory against the evil Galactic Empire. The Empire in retaliation has disbanded the Senate and created the ultimate weapon, the DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet. Alderaan the first planet to feel the wrath of the Empire is proof enough of the desperate times the Rebellion now find themselves in.

Acting upon information provided by the Rebel spy known only as “Dagger,” impetuous members of the Rebel Alliance have traveled to the jungle world Aris, where they were instructed to gather important information concerning a forthcoming secret meeting between two Imperial Moffs…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We will be using the Star Wars Roleplaying Game Revised Rulebook, Wizards of the Coast, ISBN: 0-7869-2876-X, 2002.

In addition we wll also be using products from the West End Games line of Star Wars products with heavy modification to fit into the Wizards D20 line.

In media res

It was a simple mission. All you had to do was find out what was going on with the two Imperial Moffs in the sector, so where did it all go so wrong? These are the thoughts that run through your mind as you run at top speed across the residential platform with 20 stormtroopers behind you. The storm troopers fire their blasters, but your bobbing and weaving plus the cluttered platform right now give you an edge in avoiding the blaster bolts. The air smells of carbon and ionized oxygen, the sweat pours down your face and your lungs quest for each new breath of air. The group ducks into an alley to get a respite.

Uther McCall: Oww! That last one was a little close!

Tedra Vanyer: Yeah? Well, we wouldn’t be in this mess if you hadn’t tried to convince that guard we were Imperial boot inspectors!

Dante Chylle: Look who’s talking! You were the one that talked that port foreman into loaning you 25 credits and then tried to bribe him with it!

Tedra Vanyer: Sure, pick on me. I also happen to be the one who kept you from getting crushed by that Imperial Crawler!

Drexel Vega: Why don’t you all shut up and shoot!

Tekko lePoingNok: The question that keeps popping into my head is: why us?

Dante Chylle: What do you mean?

Tekko lePoingNok: Well, if you were the Alliance High Command and you had top secret information from a highly placed Rebel spy concerning a clandestine meeting between two Imperial Moffs, who would you send to investigate?

Vanejin Smith: You’re right, they had to be nuts to send us. I guess they didn’t have anyone else crazy enough for this job.

Uther McCall: I think there are more stormtroopers out there than I’ve seen in my entire life!

Drexel Vega: I’m not surprised things turned out this way. I mean, what do we know about the guy that provided this information. Sure, this “Dagger” is some sort of famous Rebel spy, but only three or four guys in the whole Alliance know Dagger’s real identity.

Vanejin Smith: At this point, I don’t think I care about Dagger’s real identity!

Drexel Vega: Come on; let’s get out of here!

And with that the foot chase begins anew. Rebels out in front and the stormtroopers behind.

Actions?

All this running is for the Wok-Woks man. What has hapened to my luck lately? Why did I ever involve myself with these eightballs?, he thinks, as he tries to push more speed out of his aching legs, keep his head down, and fire potshots back at the pursuing Stormtroopers at the same time. When we get back, I'm taking a vacation.

"It's a good thing stormtroopers can't hit the broadside of a barn." thought Vanejin as dozens of blaster shots burned the air around him and his companions. But that's Empire for you...Quantity over Quality."

The young scout raced along with his rebel friends eyes darting from side to side, searching for a vehicle or alternate route that may aid in their escape....

[[[ Btw, you were wanting some sort of character picture? I just painted up one of my Traveller miniatures and posted it... I believe this'd be a good representation of my Scout :) Kian and Rider (aka Vanejin Smith) ]]]

Drexel, straining to catch his breath, fires off two quick shots at the pursuing Storm Troopers. "Anybody know how to get to the nearest landing pad? Maybe there's a ship there that I can hot wire and get us the heck out of here!!!" He fires another shot and stumbles while turning back around, but continues running.

" Less talk more running gang! This this platform can't go on forever, we should run into a bridge or lift soon. I hope." Shouts Tedra as she looks back and fires from her blaster, not really expecting to hit anything but hoping keep the stormtroopers on thier toes!

"Why oh why oh why oh why..." is Tekko's contrubution to the matter, as he concentrates on staying on Uther's back. "I was born for a better purpose than becoming ablative armor for this guy"

Here's Tekko, but with a lightsabre, not a sword:

http://incompetech.com/splorg/images/minis/Saberjawa.jpg

[[[ I'm guessing that any ship bay/landing platform will be about 300 meters due up, in order to clear the trees, yes? ]]]

"Yeah!" said Vanejin, firing a shot over his shoulder in the general direction of Coruscant. "If we can get to a lift we should be able to get to the landing pads or at least loose them on another level."

[[[ Question...how thick is the area with civilians? Are they scattering or is there enough to worry about hitting one? ]]]

Civilians dart into homes, locking the doors behind them as the strange parade moves at top speeds down the platform. The Stormtroopers continue to shoot but luck does seem to be on your side as most shots ricochet off of the platform behind your feet or the buildings to your sides. One shot flies near Tekko’s arm, leaving a nice burnt mark on his cloak. Following Tedra’s advice you frantically look for a bridge to the next platform and one step closer to the docking bays.

Rounding a corner the realization that there’s big trouble up ahead slams into your group like a brick wall. The Stormtroopers are gaining some ground, and you are rapidly running out of ground to give up. The platform ends 10 meters in front of you.

Stopping, out of breath and aching from every joint, you stare at the railing in front of you and the next platform 8 meters down from your current location and 30 meters away. Your options are limited, turn and fight the Stormtroopers out in the open or try and swing across to the next platform. If you slip off the 35-meter long vines dangling down from the railing, it is a 75-meter drop to the forest floor below. The Stormtroopers are fanning out behind you. Why didn’t they tell you about any of this in the recruitment brochures?

Pg_6.gif

"Hey Drexel, how's about tossing one of those grenades and give us some cover?", Dante asks as he grabs a vine. Geez, that's a long way down, but it's better than being captured by the Empire., he thinks, just before he attempts to swing across.

"Everybody swing across and then try to cover me!!" Drexel yells to the others. Then, screaming at the top of his lungs, he charges the Storm Troopers firing his heavy blaster into their midst. As soon as he is in range, he pulls out one of his frag grenades and preps it for detonation without activating it. "Back off, or we all die" he yells to the Storm Troopers. (And by the look in his eye, they can tell that he's just crazy enough to do it)

Vanejin is reluctant to leave the brash soldier in the midst of the Stormtroopers so he quickly ties one end of the vine around his waist then covers Drexel from the railing, ready to fire if need be.

Dante is the first to grab a vine and taking a deep long breath he closes his eyes and takes a running start. For a moment he is positive he is not going to make it, and for that brief moment he thinks that he is never going to get a chance to check out the Mudpits of Relaxation on Sarius. The moment quickly passes and Dante lands with amazing agility on the second platform. As he is just about to turn around to see how his companions are doing, he is tackled to the ground by a flying Jawa Jedi that comes crashing into him head over heels, knocking both of them down.

Dexel charges forward into the Stormtroopers. Screaming at the top of his lungs and Blaster firing on full auto, the young soldier hopes to momentarily stun the Stormtroopers long enough for his companions to swing across. The first few shots that come at him quickly dissipate as the Stormtroopers dive for cover. Everything seems to be going well until Dexel stumbles, the frag grenade flying out of his hand towards the troopers. Stormtroopers go flying in all directions as the grenade rolls towards them. After a second Drexel sees the detonation light activate on the grenade, caught flat-footed, Drexel stands for a moment as stunned as the soldiers at the turn of events.

Vanejin quickly ties the rope around his waist and realizes that the only way that Drexel is getting out of this alive is to hitch a ride. Putting his blaster away, he prepares himself to carry the extra weight.

"Have I mentioned lately that I really don't like heights very much?" gasps Tedra as she comes to a screeching halt, arms windmilling to keep her balance. Grabbing a vine she wraps it around herself as securely as haste allows, closes her eyes and swings down to the next platform.