Darkrelease

Star Wars: Rebel Fire

"Drexel!" yells Vanejin, hoping to bring the soldier out of his stupor. "Come on!! This shuttle ain't waiting!

Shaking his head to clear it, Drexel suddenly realizes that he is about to die. Turning quickly, he runs for it, diving for Vanejin's outstretched hand.

Vanejin holds tight to Drexel's hand and does his best to pull him close.

"If you even think of giving me a kiss for luck I swear by the Force I'm letting go." says the Scout as he pushes off from the ledge.

"If you even think of giving me a kiss for luck I swear by the Force I'm letting go." says the Scout as he pushes off from the ledge.

Drexel laughs nervously and holds tight, trying his best to look down. "Just make sure to hold on until we get to that next platform, then we'll see about the smooching."

Tekko takes the opportunity to gibber for a moment at the prospect of intra-party smooching. Then he gets behind cover. If no cover is available, he gets behind a fellow partymember.

As Dante starts to get up to his knees after being tackled by the Jawa, Tekko is already up and looking back towards the other platform. What he sees alarms him quite a bit, Dexel charges towards the Stormtroopers and disappears from his view, but Tedra starts to swing across in his direction. It takes the diminutive Jawa only a moment to realize she is going to come up short of the platform. Sure enough Tedra arrives only to have her foot slip off the edge of the platform as the vines momentum starts to swing back in the direction of the first platform. With a pleading look of horror she gazes directly at the Jedi.

Uther's baster rifle spits fire at the white clad troopers, doing his best to avoid the lunatic charge of his comrade but not slacking his fire. His plan is desperatly simple - at the last possible moment he will prep a grenade, drop it in situ then swing for it, hoping that the blast will prevent the stormtroopers getting close enough to the platform edge to follow. If the last possible moment is after Drexel has got away, so much the better.

In the meantime, he does his best to cut down as many troopers as possible.

Tekko lunges forward and grabs onto Tedra. Both hang together in perfect balance for a moment, and a smile of relief starts spreading on Tedra’s face. However that is short lived as she continues backward, pulling the surprised Jawa with her.

Seeing Drexel rushing towards the two of them, both Vanejin and Uther prepare to swing across the gap. Time seems to slow down as Drexel grabs onto Vanejin, one momentary hiccup behind Uther who is already jumping off the platform in flight. It is at that moment that the grenade goes off. A secondary explosion occurs as the grenade rolls near one of the power conduits. The shockwave from the explosion slams into the back of the three swinging Rebels. Uther manages to hold on and lands awkwardly on the second platform. Vanejin manages to also hold on to his vine as he is shot forward, but Drexel has less luck. The blast knocks into his back hard making him lose his hold on Vanejin, his forward momentum carries him towards the other platform, but his Heavy Blaster slips from his hand and crashes through the trees. Spinning in all directions it hits a few branches before smashing into a particularly large trunk. Seeing the same thing happening to him, Drexel reaches out in desperation and manages to grab onto the railing of the second platform with one hand, his speed jerks his arm and hurts his shoulder. For a long moment Drexel hangs from the railing with one hand, the other flailing around wildly.

As Dante lunges foward, both Tedra and Tekko are sure they are doomed to go flying back towards the Stormtroopers on the other side, the explosion shockwave saves them by pushing them hard onto the platform.

Most of the edge of the other platform is blown and very little of the railing is left near the explosion.

Drexel manages to swing his other hand to the railing and slowly pulls himself onto the platform where he colapses. After resting for a couple of minutes, he gingerly gets to his feet and sheepishly looks to the others. "Hehe, I guess the frag grenade wasn't such a good idea." Drawing his hold-out blaster, he continues, "Well, I guess we better find someplace to hide out until this heat dies down, or find a ship and get the heck out of here. I think my shoulder's almost dislocated, how's everyone else?"

Laying on her back, with her eyes closed Tedra says. "After that...I can use some rest. And a drink. But they can wait til we find a means off this forsaken planet!" Slowly getting to her feet she looks back at the platform they just came from. "And before our eartwhile 'friends' up there figure out a way down here."

Vanejin cuts himself free from the vine around his waist and as he sheathes his knife he draws his blaster again looking back at the ruined platform to make sure no surviving stormtroopers decided to cause the escaping rebels any trouble.

The platform you are standing on is a Lifter Repair Station. Lifters are small, disc-shaped repulsorlift vehicles capable of only vertical movement. The platform is fairly uncluttered and currently there are only two lifters on the platform. Stairs lead down to the next level. Dante, who is the first to move towards the stairs, sees a column of Stormtroopers rushing towards the staircase. He figures that the Stormtroopers will arrive at the bottom of the stairs before the group can pull itself together.