Jump to content

Darkrelease

Star Wars: Rebel Fire

Recommended Posts

Drexel nods in agreement at the suggestion to sit and discuss things. He listens to the beginning of the conversation but then shakes his head. "I don't think that we should worry so much about what the Imperials are doing here. We should just find a way out of here so that we can get back to base and make our report."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"At the moment I think we're safe on board. The Imperial presence doesn't seem too strong there's no indication they know we're here and although we do need to report back, I'd like to be able to report something positive - even if it's only reports of their activities aboard. At the moment our report isn't going to sound too good. We can't leave the ship before we pass through this 'maelstrom' anyway and to do so might arouse suspicion.

"What will definitely be suspicious is if we don't go to the observation deck to see it. For the moment, I'd like to hear Vanejin's ideas - he has a twinkle in his eye that foretells some naughtiness"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Naughtiness? Did he just say naughtiness? Dante stifles a chuckle at their still-new leader's words. Then he turns his attention to Vanejin. "C'mon, spill it V. What're you grinnin' about?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The young scout recounts the idea he mentioned to his companions earlier to the rest of the group....

 

"Ok, here's the deal." began Vanejin. "Everyone's gotta eat, even Imperials. Even if they've restricted sections of the ship for their use, the troops are still going to be putting a draw on the ships kitchens. Now nobody thinks of the kitchen being a high security area so we should be able to slice into their computers easy enough. Checking kitchen orders I expect we'll be able to figure out just how many troops are here. The higher quality the food, the more important the officer, so there's a bit of intelligence we could use. More importantly, Officers never eat with the grunts. We might even be able to find away to get to 'em. If we can find out what they empire is doing here, then our mission might not be a total loss."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Sounds good. Perhaps your attractive new waitress friend might be of use in getting us access? I know you could possibly slice in from outside, but if we can use a terminal in the kitchens the chances of detection fall.

"So, unless anyone has any other ideas, we concentrate on the kitchens. I suggest we do it during this evening's party, people will be too busy to worry about who we are. Getting all of us in undetected might be a tad tricky, so we need to decide who's going. Vanejin, obviously and I think I should go with you. Tekko, as you're a bit conspicuous I think you and Dante should stay. Tedra, I think you should do what we discussed earlier and attend the party, use your erm.. charms..ahem.. on people, see what you can find out, and take Tekk and Dante as backup. That means Drexel, you're with me and Van."

 

He realises that the plan has come before everyone has had a chance to speak and report, so Uther quickly adds "I'm open to alternatives, if anyone has one"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Ummmm....Boss," Dante begins with a puzzled look on his face, "aren't you forgetting that I can slice better than anyone in the group? That it was the reason I was sent on this mission? I mean, I have no problem going to a party with high-class folks that I can probably grift for enough cash to buy my own ship, not to mention look at Tedra walk around in that very fetching dress, but I think my talents would be better served at a terminal."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Perhaps I should accompany Tekko and Tedra, instead then, sir." Drexel offers. "It seems like Dante would be of much more use in your company. I could always serve as Tedra's "bodyguard" , I'm sure some clothes for me wouldn't be too hard to find."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×