Sign in to follow this  
Darkrelease

Star Wars: Rebel Fire

"Let's see what kind of shape these lifters are in," Drexel says as limps over to the nearest one. "I'm not sure how quickly I can get one running with only one arm working right, but maybe they're not that bad."

"Well, if we think we can get one of those working" says Tedra as she points towards the lifters, "We really wouldn't need these stairs would we. So, another grenade on the stairs might be useful?"

Drexel offers his last grenade to Tedra, "I'm not too comfortable with using another one myself at the moment, but if you think that it'll help, without taking this platform down with it, be my guest. Hopefully we can get these things up and running pretty quickly."

"Uh, guys, better think of something fast, we got more company coming.", Dante says nervously, indicating the approaching storm troopers. Kneeling down at the top of the stairs, he retrieves a small fusion cutter from pocket #112, and proceeds to begin cutting the stairs away.

"Great idea, Dante," Drexel grunts approvingly. "Someone give him some cover fire. I guess we'll save this, Tedra." He pockets his grenade and begins searching the repair platform for another fusion cutter or some other similar tool. "If you have the repairs under control Tekko, I think I'll see about getting started cutting the other side before our comany arrives."

As people busy themselves to tasks of defense and escape, Vanejin searches through the drawers of the repair bay for an old part of moderate size..something solid looking without too many attachments.

"I've got an idea that might buy us some time." he says.

Dante approaches the top of the stairs and pulls out his fusion cutter. He stares down at the thick metal and is just starting to wonder how he will approach this situation when a blaster shot hits the step in front of him, a second shot quickly follows hitting off the railing beside him.

Vanejin approaches one of the containers on the platform but finds it locked.

Tekko and Drexel move over to one of the lifters, removing the main panel they stare at the circuits for a minute before Tekko realizes that the lifter the Rebels occupy won’t move because the electric current does not flow through its sevo-pulsor, the mechanism that engages the engine. Tekko and Drexel move to try and fix it.

Below is the diagram of the Lifter Control Panel, what do you do to try and fix it?

Lifter_Control_Panel.gif

Drexel takes a look at the engine and inspects the wires connecting the battery to the servo pulser.

"Hey, somebody come and keep these bastards offa me!", Dante shouts, as he tries to focus on cutting the stairs free and dodging blaster fire at the same time.

Uther is torn between using his skills at repairing things on the lifters and defending the stairs - as the only soldier still in one piece he decides his position is at the top of the flight. He figures a narrow staircase will be defendable and sprints across to take up position, firing repeatedly down at the climbing troopers.

"Keep your head down, Dante. These goons mean business." The reassuring bulk of 2 unused grenades are still there on his belt, ready for when things get really bad.

Vanejin pulls out his blaster and makes short work of the locking mechanism on the tool drawers. He begins rummaging through the drawers looking for a part that suits his needs.

Drexel and Tekko use their combined knowledge of repulsor devices to quickly establish that indeed the wires to that connect the battery to the servo-pulsor are damaged and not carrying a current.

At the top of the staircase Uther comes rushing over to help Dante. Just as he gets there Dante takes a blaster shot in the shoulder throwing him back from the stairs and making him drop his fusion cutter from the platform. More blaster fire comes over the opening narrowly missing Uther and slamming into the area that Dante was just occupying before he was thrown back. Taking a peak down the staircase, Uther now sees 20 more Stormtroopers gaining quick ground on the original 10 Stormtroopers that were coming up the stairs.

"Frak!" exclaims Tedra as Dante takes a hit. Running up she pulls him back "You alright? She asks quickly, then without waiting to hear an answer she grabs her own blaster and moves to help Uther provde cover fire. "Think we can use these blasters to shatter some of the stairs? Slow our freinds down there? Some how I don't hink we should use my previous idea of a grenade this high up from the ground."

Drexel frantically works on repairing the damaged connection between the battery and the servo pulsor. Searching his toolkit, he realizes that he has the tools to fix it, but no wire to replace the defective wires. Suddenly remembering his comlink, he degins to disassemble it, planning on using its wiring as suitable replacement for the faulty wiring in the lifter control panel.