Sign in to follow this  
Darkrelease

Star Wars: Rebel Fire

"Dingdol! I liked that cutter!", Dante screeches as he draws his holdout blaster from within his sleeve with a flick of his wrist. "Stupid bantha-kissin' stormtroopers!", he continues as he begins firing down the stairs.

As the group by the stairs starts feeling more then a little overwhelmed by the amount of firepower being shot at them, Drexel pulls out his comlink and starts to disassemble it. Vanejin finds a servo unit that is encased and roughly the type of object he is looking for after some quick searching. Left to his own devices, the little Jawa continues to study the Servo unit and quickly realizes that the wires leading from the battery to the flashing lights are not only intact but serve no other purpose other then to make the lights blink.

"Quick thinkin' Tekko. I guess we can use those wires instead of the wires from my comlink." Drexel says and gets to work. Stupid idiot. Always got to do things the way you were taught. Got to learn to think outside of the box in these emergency situations. It's just hard cause Reeikan always taught me that you never take parts from what you're fixing to fix another part of it. Of course he wasn't about to die at the time.

"It shouldn't take to long to get this thing running now, Tekko. Why don't you finish connecting these and see if it gets running. I'll see if I can provide some cover fire for the others." He draws his hold-out blaster again and joins the firefight at the top of the stairs.

Oh yeah, great idea. Join the rebellion to pay them back for saving your life. They'll just get you to supe up their computers, write a few encryption programs, slice them some credits, and you'll be able to walk away. If this had happened to someone else, I'd laugh at him for being such a fralzin' idiot!, Dante thinks as he keeps firing at the oncoming horde. Waitaminit! why am I on the front line? "Tekko!", he shouts, "need any help fixing that lifter?"

"Excellent!" says Vanejin hefting the part. "Now to buy us some time..."

The scout moves up to stairs and yells out so the advancing stormtroopers would hear him.

"Looks like I finally found a use for this satchel charge. FIRE IN THE HOLE!" he shouts as he lobs the ominous looking but completely safe bit of machinery down the stairs into the midst of the advancing troopers. After he makes his throw he draws his blaster to aid in the defense.

Glancing back at the Jawa, Dante almost grins at the sight of Tekko. He carefully withdraws to help him fix the lift.

As she continues to fire at the stormtroopers tedra mutters to herself "I should have stayed on the club circuit. Would've been safer!"

LT

The group by the stairs starts feeling the pressure increase. Though the Stormtrooper shots do seem to be going wild for the most part, they are increasing in number. Time is a commodity that is quickly dwindling for the group. The top of the stairs is blackened by the heavy firepower pouring into it. Vanejin’s quick thinking bought you a moment or two, but the Stormtroopers are quickly realizing that there is no bomb, and even if there was they have no where to run to.

Dante pulls himself away from the combat to go to help Tekko. About halfway there he hears the familiar whine of a rupulsor engine kicking in. The lift jerks itself off the platform suddenly, floating up to about 3 feet off the ground and hovers there. Although Tekko managed to get power to its engines, he is not sure if there were any other problems with the lift. However, Tekko does not have time to ponder this long as he is suddenly jerked up off the ground in a mess of wires when the repulsor engine kicks in. The rest of the group turns around at the engines sound only to see the absurd sight of a Jawa tangled in more wires then anyone thought possible from such a device, fighting to secure his freedom. It seems a more desperate struggle then the one at the stairs, and Dante is giving all his effort to trying to free the Jawa.

Vanejin leans on the trigger of his blaster while the ruse of his 'explosive' is still distracting the troopers. The stormtroopers are on the stairs so there's no room to dodge....just shooting in their direction means he's probably going to hit someone, so he doesn't even aim and instead fires as fast as he can to fill the air with shots. At worse it'll keep the trooper's heads down and odds are he'll be hitting more than his share in the confined group.

"All right who said the Jawa could drive?" chided the young scout over his shoulder as fired. "If that thing is mobile what say we take advantage of it and get the heck out of here! It's going to get real sarcastic here in a few moments."

Drexel takes one look at the mess and immediately regrets leaving it to Tekko. He races to the lift and attempts to jump up to it.

"Hang on, Tekko!" Dante shouts as he tries to untangle the wires around the Jawa while trying to keep all the connections intact. "You've really outdone yourself this time." Yep, I'm definitely taking a vacation when we get back.

"Undone, perhaps. Aaack!" is Tekko's untranlsated commentary to the world at large.

Once he is free of the wires, he hops onto the platform and starts yelling at the others to get on board.