Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      Enjoyed painting these with washes and drybrushing again. Black undercoat, brown grey drybrush, then lighter "sandalwood" details on the limbs head and body. I was going to go darker at first but these are quite small minis.

Needed first for Rangers of Shadow Deep but also good for horror or dnd. 

• By pinkymadigan
      Hey, been along time since I've hit the showoff threads. While not particularly impressive game pieces, I was pretty happy with the way the pictures for these turned out, in part thanks to my new photo stage. I'll be more apt to post later in the year when I get my new phone (waiting for Pixel 3 announcement and a Pixel 2 price drop). The camera software on that looks pretty awesome, ought to help a real camera dummy like me out.

Anyway, Kings of War's annual update included a new unit for the Undead, a Deathpack, made up of small undead dog/rat/etc creatures. I had enough stuff lying around that a quick small order to Reaper gave me two such units. I was a bit surprised at the size of the Zombie Dog Handler, but it looks fine with no other human sized minis nearby to compare it to. The DHL Classics Undead Hounds were the other thing I picked up, everything else I had already (Giant Bats and tombstones for basing scenery for other Undead units, Dread Wolves from my double Graveyard expansion from KS 3, old GW Warhammer Quest (95) giant bat, Mantic Skeleton rat-dogs from Mantic's skeleton sprues, Mantic Skeleton dog handler from Mantic's Fantasy Crazy Box).

Enough talk, onto the show portion of the post:

• By Darcstaar
      Here was a quickie.

The bats are mainly drybrushed then cleaned up with lining.
      Then I did the gravestone using Michael Proctor's tips about lots of different colored washes.
      It was a bunch of diluted GW Shades and Glazes, then re-lined the stone with Weathered Stone.
      I liked it so much, I tried it on the bats themselves to add some interest.

• By Glitterwolf
      To support my Undead army ( noticed I really love the Undead by now?) I painted up a unit of three swarms.
      2 bat swarms and a Murder of crows.

Speed painted, so not really great. But fun I think.
      I sold them afterwards to make more room for my 20 minis.

• By Growltiger
      A friend handed me a Reaper bat swam and asked me paint it.
      Of course that reminded me of the 3 Bat Swarms that were primed and waiting to be painted for use by the hubby in his Undead army.
      Might as well paint them all at once.

So here we have 4 Reaper bones Bat Swarms. The 3 on square bases are the Undead proxies.
      Fast table top, lack luster phone photos. Enjoy!

CC always welcome.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 169 Guests (See full list)