Sign in to follow this  
Metalchaos

77233, Kegg Bugbear Hunter

You have done it again! The Big Furry Guy is as WONDERFULLY painted as his predecessors. The ax is a particularly striking piece of metalwork. VERY WELL DONE!

Thanks for the Group Protrait. The Lads look EVEN BETTER en masse.

• Thanks 1

Thanks for your comments everyone. @CorallineAlgae the technique is used to paint these guy's armor is really simple, I used metallic paints, The base coats are honed steel and bronze, then I apllied a quiq agrax earthshade let it dry and applied a reikland fleshshade wash.

Here are two more picture of the Bugbear Warband.

1841269840_Bugbears02.thumb.jpg.4702f67c7cd595bdcc7da44974f2efb2.jpg

331090446_Bugbears03.thumb.jpg.5b4c864e3d0a832f37805122ae5d02cd.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      From Bones 1, Nor'Okk the Ettin

...maybe I should get me a turntable and start making 360 videos instead...

50mm base

77103 Nor'Okk the Ettin
      Reaper Miniatures 2012
      from the Bones 1 kickstarter, "Mind Your Manors" add-on
      Sculpted by Tre Manor
      Bones classic (The orginial soft bendy material)
      50mm base

• By Neptune1999
      This model is a Dark Sword Miniatures masterpiece of a sculpt by Jeff Grace. Never before have I seen so many tiny etchings on plate armor, especially on a figure that is barely 1.6 inches high. I feel a bit let down by my red OSL, but then again, this was only my second real attempt at the process, which is surely one I need to practice more. 

• By stormbreach
      I finished this Mountain Troll.  It's kind of ironic, I painted him so he gets off my shelf of shame but due to his forward lean pictures were difficult so he is photographed literally ON my shelf of shame .  It's not just a shelf, I also have bins of shame in the closet but that's another topic.  I originally thought I'd give him a rocky hide and a paler fleshy underbelly but the underbelly turned out a lot darker than my original thoughts, but I still like it anyway.  The closeups show the transition between that tone and the hide, it's on his inner arms and upper inner thighs as well because that seemed natural to me.  The thing I am unhappy with is that he doesn't "pop".  I really liked the look of the craggy hide and how he looked after the Strong Tone wash so I was too scared to highlight him very much because I was afraid to ruin it.  I don't drybrush very well and when I layer I feel like I'm stumbling along in the dark so you can see one layer on his hide and the rest is just some edge highlights.  I'm still working on layering but it seems hard.  Anyway, on to the pictures.  Hope you guys like him.

• By aku-chan
      "Umm... Guys, I think I've found our missing team members."

Presenting the Cleric, part of the second Echoes of Death set from Kingdom Death, not sure why she has such a gruesome base insert, none of the others came with one.

Disappointingly, she looks pretty terrible in the piccys. Honestly, apart from her decidedly wonky eyes, I thought I'd done a fairly good job.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By Metalchaos
      Promised thing, thing due. Here are pictures of my Gnoll hunting party. All of them are Reaper Miniatures Gnolls, painted with Reaper Master Series Paints. I added the archer's bowstring and converted two models (see last picture).
      I will now work on a display base for them. I've found an inspiring picture of a dusky sunset in the desert for the background.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 1 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)