Sign in to follow this  
Orlando_the_Technicoloured

Starcadia Quest by CMON kickstarter (final 24 hours)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cmon/starcadia-quest/description

Main Game ($80)
ef727106453a44a0e1a74754d2a4e255_origina

Expansion Box ($40, so $120 total)
23e432cbea8c66bf428e7189d53254b4_origina

We will ship your rewards at our cost to our international hubs. Depending on where in the world you are, we will either ship to you from our hub in the UK (EU backers), China (Asia Pacific backers), Singapore (Singaporean backers), Canada (Canadian backers), Australia (Australia and New Zealand backers) or Atlanta (USA and the rest of the world). Following is a list of rough estimates for shipping a standard game package (4kg volumetric weight). Keep in mind these are just estimates, and costs may rise based on weight increases from unlocked stretch goals and any optional buys you choose.

• USA: $10-$20 to most states. $50 to Alaska, Hawaii, and Puerto Rico. 
  • CANADA: $15-$30 to most cities. 
  • LATIN AMERICA: $70-$80 to most countries. 
  • ASIA: $10 to China, Hong Kong, and Singapore. $35 to most other countries (we can’t predict an estimate cost to Malaysia).
  • OCEANIA: $20-$45 to Australia. $40 to New Zealand. 
  • AFRICA: $95 to most countries. 
  • EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries. 
  •  • $35 to Norway, Switzerland, Finland, Estonia, and Latvia. 
  •  • $50 to Bosnia/Herzegowina, Croatia, and Iceland. 
  •  • $70-$80 to Israel, Liechtenstein, and Serbia.
  •  • $90 to Belarus.

Unfortunately, different import laws and customs have made it impossible for CMON to ship games to certain specific countries.

*WE DO NOT SHIP TO:* Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Afghanistan.

Basically a Tweaked version of Arcadia Quest designed to run faster and be easier to set up, with Sci-Fi-ification

Dicetower preview video

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Rulebook work in progress

https://youtu.be/OIBNBe3HPXc

Edited by Orlando_the_Technicoloured

I think it's cute, but I'd never buy it. 

Anywho...

Hannah Lone = Han Solo

Bahbaka = Chewbacca

Edge = Blade

Starkid = Starlord

So who are Red, Digits, Mixie, and Col. Blaster McGunner?

Since the IP lawyer hiccups with the Tarantino inspired minis in Zomicide CMON has tended to base the look of a mini on one IP and the biography on another,

but for this one at least some of them are clearly drawn from a single source (one wonders whether the lawyers for Avatar and Galaxy Quest will ask for changes....)

The not-aliens and not-storm troopers are tempting for this one. They got me to go in for a dollar.

Just got my Pledge Manager email so they're starting to go out

complete by 1st November 2018 so a fairly short window compared to some CMON PMs I've used in the past so something to be aware of especially if your not based in the USA (as if you miss it the stuff will ship from the US not a local hub and will cost you a load more and may well attract taxes too)

On 10/5/2018 at 5:29 AM, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Just got my Pledge Manager email so they're starting to go out

complete by 1st November 2018 so a fairly short window compared to some CMON PMs I've used in the past so something to be aware of especially if your not based in the USA (as if you miss it the stuff will ship from the US not a local hub and will cost you a load more and may well attract taxes too)

Yeah- from the way they're talking there are two consequences for not locking down your pledge by the 1st:

- Your stuff is shipped from the US- increasing shipping and VAT costs outside of the US.
- Your stuff is shipped last.

Those aren't dire if you live in the US, but it could end up costing a lot more if you live outside of the US.

I wonder why CMON have such a short window for their PMs now.  I figured that with Cthulhu:DMD it was because they didn't want to overproduce the expensive Cthulhu giant, but nothing in Starcadia looks like it is much different from the CMON norm.

Good News Everybody …………

well no that's not strictly true, we've just been informed this is delayed until February 2020 due to late 'complications'

(I really hope that this means containerised and on the boat by the end of December  to be in our hands in Feb, because if it means shipping in late Jan/early Feb to begin fulfilment at the end of Feb we're going to hit the Chinese new year shutdown and another 2 months delay)

On 8/19/2019 at 12:52 PM, Orlando_the_Technicoloured said:

Good News Everybody …………

well no that's not strictly true, we've just been informed this is delayed until February 2020 due to late 'complications'

(I really hope that this means containerised and on the boat by the end of December  to be in our hands in Feb, because if it means shipping in late Jan/early Feb to begin fulfilment at the end of Feb we're going to hit the Chinese new year shutdown and another 2 months delay)

Hahaha!  February.  Well, it's March, and my copy could come here by Friday!

Got mine yesterday,

very nice indeed... well the minis are, I have yet to try the game but I liked the changes they made from AQ so it should be fun

and lovely polystyrene corners for all the stuff in the box so it doesn't get mangled in transit (a no no environmentally, but a big plus for safe arrivals)

I like the wee robots, and thankfully they 'click' together solidly (and arrive assembled)