Sign in to follow this  
SamuraiJack

Board Game Tables - Jasper - 9/10

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1296268806/the-jasper-a-board-gaming-table?ref=discovery

unnamed.thumb.jpg.318bcd1a95ed4cdd51fb793bb49a3f8c.jpg

About two years ago, we launched "The Duchess", the world's first budget board game table.

It was a huge project, with some hurdles along the way, that ended with almost 4,000 people playing games on their very own board game table.

We learned a lot from The Duchess. We learned that the main idea of the table was fantastic. We also learned that there were about a million (ok, maybe 20 or 30) small things we could change that would make the table better.

The Jasper is the result of all those learnings. It will be coming to Kickstarter on September 10. Just 12 days from now.

There are a lot of things to talk about with The Jasper, but today I want to talk about the biggest change: The Jasper will be made in the USA.

They will be made at the same facility that makes our high quality custom tables (using different processes to keep the price down, of course). This will let us keep a super close eye on quality control and respond quickly if anything needs changed.

Since this is our sequel, we want to make sure everything is perfect. We know a lot more now. And The Jasper is much, much, much further along than The Duchess was when we started its Kickstarter. We have already been through 4 prototypes, and those tables have all been used at game weekends. We have the production line built out and are in the midst of a 200 test production run to iron out the kinks so that we can run at full speed once the Kickstarter is over. 

We had a prototype of The Jasper with us at Gen Con and everyone loved it.

The Jasper will cost $599, and you will have the option to add a dining topper.

We wanted to give you a heads up as to what is coming. Stay tuned for more information on Sept 10.

Edited by SamuraiJack
added link

This went live today. I'm a happy owner of the previous Kickstarter table they did, the Duchess. It looks like they learned a lot of lessons and hopefully this one will be a lot smoother for everyone. But I will say they had excellent customer service and the team is great!

I'm really tempted by this as I am DIY deficient and will never be able to make my own. But there are, like, 3 tables on Kickstarter right now! so I'm torn. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By primeval
      Hello all - Chroniclers of Barbaric Splendor is now live. It features licensed miniatures from creators of swords and sorcery such as David C. Smith (Oron, Red Sonja, Bran Mak Morn) and Howie Bentley (The Snake-Man's Bane). 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1327314385/chroniclers-of-barbaric-splendor/posts

It is perfectly reasonable that this will come up, so I wanted to post this here as well:

It is no secret my first campaign was delayed, although fulfilled. Part of that was poor planning and expectations, and part was health issues that exacerbated each other and financial issues that arose from that. All such issues are in the past, and I am proud that I overcame them to fulfill what I feel was an amazing Kickstarter with amazing miniatures. Since then I have been operating Barbaric Splendor Miniatures and have been delivering excellent service and product. I have learned also from others in the industry and feel confident I am offering a well-thought out campaign that will be a success for all of us! 5 of the miniatures have already been sculpted, and sculptors lined up for the rest, including add-ons and stretch goals. Dark Platypus studio will be doing the casting - from previous experience I can attest to both the quality and timeliness of their work. Thus, the only risks would be possible delays in sculptor schedules for stretch goals and the fact that I will be doing all the packing and shipping myself when not working my regular job could lead to slower times getting things out if the campaign is wildly successful. I understand that some will be displeased with the delays of the first campaign, but I feel I have proven myself over the past year with Barbaric Splendor Miniatures, and I look forward to bringing more great Swords and Sorcery miniatures to you!
    • By justcallmej
      Double Launch today. First our " '2 Tower" mini-kickstarter, go get a FREE siege tower just for checking it out!
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gamescape3d/2-tower-a-tall-tale-for-3d-printing-free-siege-tower

Second, we launched a Patreon for Open_Peg product and diagram development.
      Owners and backers should be getting a link for about 30 new roofs today, unrelated to the Patreon:)

<Patreon links not allowed>

Thanks for checking it out, I'll be around to answer questions_Jeremy

• By Devil Inside Productions
      New Kickstarter for more Goetia Demons, Furfur, Balam & Purson this time!

And also Goetia Demon Seal Rings:

Here's the link to the Kickstarter for anyone who might be interested:

Hell Awaits... Wave 6

Thanks for looking!

• By Aenor
      this is my new Kickstarter Project (already funded but moving to new stretch goals)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/aenorminiatures/ogres-and-orcs

the ogres are properly sized monsters at 60mm, cast in resin
      the orcs are 32-33mm, not of the muscular kind but vicious Tolkien inspired ones and are available in both resin and metal

I hope you like them!

the first ogre has 2 heads to chose from

the 3rd one (current SG) is still a WIP

some of the orcs

• By joshuaslater
      From Tiny Terrain Models
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1026360580/fa-de-28mm-post-apocalyptic-metal-miniatures?ref=nav_search&amp;result=project&amp;term=fA:DE&amp;fbclid=IwAR2o1cXmUyOsQt0v5h_fhoUuwT4A1JpFyFrNcdrJccVM_NlF2BDYnzrBWuw

• Who's Online   16 Members, 1 Anonymous, 140 Guests (See full list)