Jump to content

Darcstaar

Pathfinder Playtest Doomsday Dawn

Recommended Posts

image.thumb.png.685c11070f6b7a6dd73de3a210bbd895.png

 

Authors: Logan Bonner, Jason Bulmahn, James Jacobs, Amanda Hamon Kunz, Stephen Radney-MacFarland, and Mark Seifter

Based on the Playtest Version of the Pathfinder 2.0 Rules

Compliant with the Open Game License 1.0a.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A recent contact you have made in Magnimar summoned you for some help.
Her name is Keleri Deverin, an aristocrat and scholar living in Magnimar.

She gathers you to her family estate.  She offers you refreshment while she explains her situation.

 

image.png.c6ed06afc5c82c863be3139b9e02e68b.png

 

"Thank you for answering my summons, friends.  It seems I am in need of heroes.  I was invited to the coming Swallowtail Festival next week in Sandpoint by my cousin Kendra.  I went to the vault beneath the estate to retrieve a family heirloom in hopes of having it blessed at the ceremony.  When I arrived into the vault, I found it in disarray.  Chests were smashed, shelves were knocked over, and, worst of all, the steel lockbox containing the heirloom was missing!

Strangely, the room was not empty.  I found a poor wretched wounded goblin pinned under an armoire.  When I showed myself she howled in fear and begged for mercy.  I spared her, bound her and questioned her.  Then I sent for you all.

 

Her name is Tagla.  I have her under guard so you can question her.  I plan to release her once you have asked her any questions you see fit.

She claims her tribe was the Mudchewers.  They recently came to follow a new leader named Drakus the Taker, a Hobgoblin.  He moved them into the vault, known as the Ashen Ossuary, after murdering their prior chieftain.  After the robbery, there was a brief revolt, but that party of goblins was cut down.  Tagla is terrified of him...

 

Please, gather your courage and investigate the lair.  There seemed to be an attachment of the vault to the sewers.  Tagla sketched a crude map of the sewers to help you.

 

Note:  Piknose is part of Tagla's tribe.  He knows the "sidebar" info that Tagla knows as follows:

You'll know what to expect in most rooms, but not Drakus' area.

The Mudchewer goblins that remain loyal to Drakus are no friends of yours.  They will likely need to be fought and even killed.  As long as Drakus lives, Diplomacy is unlikely to be successful.

Drakus is a scar hobgoblin who drinks blood and might, therefore, be a vampire.  When a Mudchewer displeased him, he took the goblin to the back room.  A few hours later, the goblin was returned to the tribe dead, with a hole in the neck and all the blood drained from the body.  Drakus displays these bodies in the main sleeping quarters to keep the other goblins in line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kautu is a half elf ranger who grew up in the river below Magnimar of two half elf parents.  He is visiting Magnimar on his way to Sandpoint for the festival.  He is willing to fight the Goblins because they have raided his parents farm when he was growing up.  ( If there was favored enemy they would be one.  He is a redo of a character that is going thru the Rise of the Runelords adventure path in 1.0)  He favors a bow but also has a Longsword.

Probably know some of you from the market.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"right then, Keleri" The dwarf said thoughtfully, scratching at his neatly groomed beard, speaking with a familiarity of one who had quite literally watched the young woman grow up before his eyes. "Won't be the first time I've gone tramping through the muck, and places no sane person should ought to, for your family. Can't rightly say I am looking forward to chasing a hobgob through the sewers, but you've got the right idea to put together a few people to do it. One question though, who outside of our little group and your staff know of this? Might not be the sort of thing we want other houses around the city to know of"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“It is indeed a sad state of affairs when one cannot feel safe in one’s ow home, Lady Deverin,” Marius Tucca spoke up. “But I am glad you saw fit to spare Tagla. Many would not have been so forgiving. Tagla, I certainly cannot condone the destruction and presumed theft. Do I understand you correctly that your tribe has been forced into the attack by a murderer and usurper?”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 9:28 AM, ShadowRaven said:

"right then, Keleri" The dwarf said thoughtfully, scratching at his neatly groomed beard, speaking with a familiarity of one who had quite literally watched the young woman grow up before his eyes. "Won't be the first time I've gone tramping through the muck, and places no sane person should ought to, for your family. Can't rightly say I am looking forward to chasing a hobgob through the sewers, but you've got the right idea to put together a few people to do it. One question though, who outside of our little group and your staff know of this? Might not be the sort of thing we want other houses around the city to know of"

 

I’ve sent a messenger to my cousin for her advice.  But I haven’t alerted the authorities in Magnimar yet.  They’d more than likely confiscate or destroy all our family heirlooms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/31/2018 at 8:23 PM, Lostbug said:

“It is indeed a sad state of affairs when one cannot feel safe in one’s ow home, Lady Deverin,” Marius Tucca spoke up. “But I am glad you saw fit to spare Tagla. Many would not have been so forgiving. Tagla, I certainly cannot condone the destruction and presumed theft. Do I understand you correctly that your tribe has been forced into the attack by a murderer and usurper?”

Tagla replies: “No attack others yet.  Just smash and grab.  But, yes most of us scared into line.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/3/2018 at 1:59 PM, Darcstaar said:

 

I’ve sent a messenger to my cousin for her advice.  But I haven’t alerted the authorities in Magnimar yet.  They’d more than likely confiscate or destroy all our family heirlooms.

 

"Is this too mean, Magnimar officials are not to be trusted? Who are we to turn to in case we need their official help in the matters?"

Pik' ponders this question while sipping on some wine.

 

Piknose is a Irrisen born goblin, who wanted a better life. Living in the harsh north was no life he wanted. So stowing away on a ship bound for the warmer south was something he had to do. He dabbled in alchemy but it was more curiosity then anything. If it wasn't for the events that happened on the ship & the journey, he probably would have walked away from it all.

 

The ship he stowed away on was attacked by pirates as it crossed the isles near the Hollow Mountain on it's way to Magnimar. He survived only by clinging onto some debris until he somehow made it to a barren island near the end of the chain, or so he thought. It was here he met up with a hermit who would become his teacher in alchemy. The old human was quite mad yes, but he passed on his craft to the blue goblin that gobbled up every bit of knowledge the old man taught him.

 

It was a year or two after they met, the old man suddenly died of old age. Armed with more alchemical secrets then he first came to be, the goblin headed for the city of Magnimar. His little raft making it across the ocean & into the large port city. It was here, things started to go bad, again. To live, he had to steal. He joined the Mudchewers. He became sorta of a symbol due to his skin color. It was when Drakus rose to power, when he knew he had to get out.

 

The hobgoblin was bad news. News he wanted no part of. Leaving in the middle of the night, he thought he was done with the Mudchewers, & that was months ago. Now the incident in the vault. Have I come full circle with them?

 

Do I know Tagla?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Lord Mayor is...rather fond of gifts, and trading them for favours. The watch, they can be trusted enough to do their job and duty, and depending on where you are in the city, there are others, on both sides of the law, that one can turn to to, but when it comes to the noble houses...power plays and politics often times take precedence over being good. Some families are of course better than others," He added with a bit of a smile for their hostess, stroking his beard thoughtfully once more. Processing this bit of a mess he seems to have found himself tangled up in once more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You gather the party and head to the Magnimar Sewers.

It takes about 10 minutes to arrive to the entrance to the Ashen Ossuary.

 

1536899217_AshenOssuary1.jpg.854b244f2231742718f3d6a7782bd4df.jpg

 

Roll Initiative (Perception)

On 9/7/2018 at 6:17 PM, haldir said:

 

"Is this too mean, Magnimar officials are not to be trusted? Who are we to turn to in case we need their official help in the matters?"

Pik' ponders this question while sipping on some wine.

 

Piknose is a Irrisen born goblin, who wanted a better life. Living in the harsh north was no life he wanted. So stowing away on a ship bound for the warmer south was something he had to do. He dabbled in alchemy but it was more curiosity then anything. If it wasn't for the events that happened on the ship & the journey, he probably would have walked away from it all.

 

The ship he stowed away on was attacked by pirates as it crossed the isles near the Hollow Mountain on it's way to Magnimar. He survived only by clinging onto some debris until he somehow made it to a barren island near the end of the chain, or so he thought. It was here he met up with a hermit who would become his teacher in alchemy. The old human was quite mad yes, but he passed on his craft to the blue goblin that gobbled up every bit of knowledge the old man taught him.

 

It was a year or two after they met, the old man suddenly died of old age. Armed with more alchemical secrets then he first came to be, the goblin headed for the city of Magnimar. His little raft making it across the ocean & into the large port city. It was here, things started to go bad, again. To live, he had to steal. He joined the Mudchewers. He became sorta of a symbol due to his skin color. It was when Drakus rose to power, when he knew he had to get out.

 

The hobgoblin was bad news. News he wanted no part of. Leaving in the middle of the night, he thought he was done with the Mudchewers, & that was months ago. Now the incident in the vault. Have I come full circle with them?

 

Do I know Tagla?

 

Yes, you know Tagla.

The adventure assumes Goblin PCs were part of her party and also "defected" like she did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Initiative (perception) meant just one roll?

 

The rules say something like “Initiative is usually perception unless the DM has you roll something different based on the circumstances, like scouting ahead with stealth.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

15+1 + 16

 

Rulebook states, it's Perception, unless is under certain circumstances like stealth. Like you've posted.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Maledrakh
      The Whispering Tyrant from the second Bones kickstarter. This is an officially licensed Pathfinder miniature. So I guess it is some sort of evil adversary in some adventure or other in that game.
      For me, this is Loki. I expect you see why. To make the model even more similar to the trickster god, I cut off the central helment-thing and carved the helmet round. Which took me whole tens of seconds! Bones material is really easy to cut and convert. I will miss this aspect with the Bones Black minis.
      On this mini I have tried out some new colorshift paints from Green Stuff World and a flip paint (which is supposed to get the same effect) from Instar.
      I probably did not do it right, as I don't think it has much of a colorshifting effect (there is a slight effect, though). The instructions say to use a gloss black undercoat and many, many thin layers to get the effect.
      I did not do that. On a brown basecoat I used GSW Mystic Gold colorshift, and Instar Green Gold Flip, with GSW Tropical Green at the tips and edges. and I just glooped it on! Two or three thick coats of each paint is used here. So next time, maybe I should try actually following the instructions...
      Anyhow, this model will make a good leader for my undead legions, or even a C'Tan for the Necrons.
       

       
      89031 Whispering Tyrant
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC
      40mm round lipped base
       
    • By Unruly
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smiteworks/fantasy-grounds-unity/description
       
      Fantasy Grounds Unity is the name of the upcoming version of our virtual tabletop software, Fantasy Grounds. It's been completely rebuilt from the ground up in Unity. Read on to find out what this all means and why we are excited for this project.
      Fantasy Grounds is a popular system for playing a host of different roleplaying games online.  It is used by more than 130,000 gamers worldwide to connect and play popular games such as Dungeons and Dragons, Pathfinder, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, and more.  This type of program is commonly referred to as a virtual tabletop, or VTT, due to their ability to emulate various part of an RPG session in a digital form.
      What makes Fantasy Grounds different than competitors is how we expose character sheets and automate large portions of gameplay specifically for each system we support.  This is done through rulesets.  Your experience playing Deadlands Reloaded will differ from D&D and will be unique to that environment, contain custom graphics, character sheets, and automation specific to that game system.  
      One feature shared across most game systems is maps.  Some may use hexes while others use square grids and some may not use grids at all.  Facing is important in some and less so in others.  While FG has featured maps for many years, they have been primarily focused as reproductions of maps in existing adventure modules from our many licensed publishers. We believe that we can enhance these to provide dynamic line of sight, fog of war, and even map building support with painting and tiles.
      What you get for backing this project will be a license for Fantasy Grounds Unity (or FGU). This new game engine has all the great features of current version of Fantasy Grounds (soon to be called Fantasy Grounds Classic) along with new enhanced features. 
      Original Features Supported:
      Multiplayer support for playing tabletop games of Dungeons & Dragons (2E, 3.5E, 4E and 5E), Pathfinder RPG 1, Pathfinder RPG 2, Starfinder. Built-in content for D&D 3.5E, 5E and Pathfinder 1 Officially licensed add-on content available for D&D, D&D Classics (2E), Pathfinder, Starfinder, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Basic Roleplaying, Castles & Crusades, Mutants & Masterminds, 13th Age, W.O.I.N., Traveller, and Rolemaster Classic Generic system support through our CoreRPG ruleset Brilliant Campaign Management Integrated character sheets with lots of automation built in for playing and leveling (depending on ruleset and content owned) Combat Tracking 3D dice Fantasy Grounds Unity Enhanced Features Include:
      64-bit support to allow for more content (quality and quantity) Native support for Mac, Linux and Windows PC Network lobby for easy hosting and joining of games (no port forwarding required) Tile based map building Enhanced Drawing Tools Additional Dice Macros support A new FGU only skin Dynamic Line of Sight with enhanced toggle blockers Paint with images, such as walls Animated image effects Backward compatibility with all existing campaigns and DLC from FGC In addition to these features, we are now poised to add even greater functionality going forward. We have lots of ideas for new features and this rebuilt engine will make it easier for us reach those goals and deliver consistent updates for free. 
      Tile based Map Building
      Dynamic Line of Sight (LOS) and Fog of War (FOW)
      Map Fx Layers
      We have already devoted over 4 years and 10,000 developer hours to this project. Any funds raised will help us push it over the edge and begin work on new features and functionality. If the project does exceptionally well, this may even allow us to add even more resources to the team.
      We have over 1200 existing DLC and add-ons. Our goal is to prioritize these by popularity and work on enhancing as many of these as we can. Without enhancements, they will continue to function as they always have in Fantasy Grounds Classic. You will be able to add dynamic line of sight to maps and begin using the new features straight away. As we work through this large back catalog of DLC, we will do all the enhancement and upgrade work for you so you can just load it up and begin using the advanced features without having to define any Line of Sight blockers yourself. 
       
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/smiteworks/fantasy-grounds-unity/description
    • By boldfont
      Tips? What do I paint next from bones 4?

    • By jay_dmloot
      I've been playing D&D for over a decade now, and while there are a lot of great terrain solutions for dungeon crawls, I always felt there wasn't a great option when it came to generic random encounters, like setting up camp for the night.
       
      As a player, and a DM these random encounters often lacked meaning because they didn't have the same customization as encounters core to the campaign. So I decided to come up with a solution that was simple for a DM, and that made the encounter more meaningful for the player.
       
      I made a 36” by 24” iron rubber base on which you can layer smaller magnetic terrain. For a DM It takes second to throw some trees, rocks, and other terrain down to make the scenario unique. Then your players can quickly arrange their tents, wagons and other equipment in thoughtful ways that make random encounters more meaningful.
       
      There is 44 pieces of double sided magnetic terrain, so you can run pretty much any random encounter in the wilderness that you can think of.
       
      If this sounds like something you'd use check out the kickstarter for more information.
       
      http://kck.st/2UiDByd
       
      I love feedback so please let me know what you think of the product. I designed it how I would want to use it, so if you feel like something's lacking, or should be changes Id like to know.
       
      <mod> Full link: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dmloot/dmloot?ref=project_link
    • By 3vil3lvis
      Submitted for your approval Pathfinder Gargantuan Green Dragon painted as a Blue Dragon and Pathfinder Gargantuan Red Dragon painted as a Hellfire Wyrm.





  • Who's Online   15 Members, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

×