pinkymadigan

Forgotten World by Fireforge Games

Im looking forward to this one. Starts Sept 20. Already cleared it with the wife.

Hoping to get the early bird 8 box deal.

1 hour ago, pinkymadigan said:

Anyone have experience with Fireforge? The humans look overly modular to me (but cool), but the Undead line looks great!

I have a box of there Mongols. Nice minis. These are supposed to be larger and more in scale with other fantasy lines. I am in for the humans. I think they look pretty cool. Gonna get 6 boxes of Warriors and 2 cavalry. If the Rabble unlock, I will get 2 or 3 of those as well.

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1

Some pictures from the page. The Rabble, and the Knightly looking guys are stretch goals. The Individual models are stretch goals too. The individual models are resin, but if funding reaches high enough they will be plastic multi part kits too.

1.png

2.png

4.png

5.png

7.png

8.png

10.png

12.png

13.png

14.png

16.png

17.png

18.png

19.png

20.png

21.png

22.png

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Not in the market for yet another army but these do look nice.

But who will fight for you in the afterlife?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Smokestack said:

But who will fight for you in the afterlife?

So far 2 halfpainted 1 unpainted Warhammer armies and 2 halfpainted 2+ unpainted Kings of War armies.

Plus hundreds(thousands?) of mostly unpainted minis.

And yes, I’ll be taking them all with me so I think I should be good.

:;):

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Games Workshop had a great 'in story' reason with Malign Portents to update their zombies and take back what Mantic yanked hard from them.

Instead, they renamed the old plastic set.

I'm looking forward to seeing this Kickstarter and hope I have the funds to support it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JoeGKushner said:

Games Workshop had a great 'in story' reason with Malign Portents to update their zombies and take back what Mantic yanked hard from them.

Instead, they renamed the old plastic set.

I'm looking forward to seeing this Kickstarter and hope I have the funds to support it.

Probably just a strategic decision to bandaid the old kit into the new line. They'll never compete on the quality for price that the Mantic kit has, so they might as well keep doing the super-modular thing, which they do well enough, even if I detest the upper body that has the shirt tied on like a cape. Just a weird aesthetic for a fantasy zombie.