alchemist

Z One Design - Black Hallows Townsfolk

Welcome to Black Hallows, where light and dark wrestle for control, where travelers must be on their guard as even the most innocent looking old woman could be hiding a secret... let us introduce you to the Townsfolk of Black Hallows.

ac39f177dd0500e1d811e3f2e3fa3677_origina

The Townsfolk is a range of 14 non-player character miniatures, crafted from the highest grade, lead free Pewter (This quality of metal is normally only used for masters). They are available in either 28mm or 32mm and will come with their own base toppers and plastic bases. They are ideal for use in role playing games like D&D, Pathfinder, etc. Use them in your war games or collect and paint them for display.

28mm miniatures have 25mm plastic bases and 32mm miniatures have 32mm plastic bases.

We are also offering any of the characters in a 75mm resin version (see below). 75mm resin versions have a cast resin plinth.

All of the manufacture will be done in-house at Z1 Design, which means as soon as the first batch is ready, we can ship. So early backers can expect early delivery. We will deliver in order of backer number and it is possible that we will ship the first batch before Christmas.

0d42ca087eda284ed64bbc445542e3f3_origina

The future of Black Hallows -

We are currently working on further characters including both townsfolk and hero characters. The main Black Hallows game is scheduled for release in 2019. This will include 4 factions and the option of an extensive range of scenery and buildings.

We also have an author working on the Novel of Black Hallows.

We have an exciting year ahead of us!

PLEASE NOTE THAT THE MAIN BLACK HALLOWS GAME TO BE RELEASED IN 2019 WILL USE 32mm MINIATURES

3e77512f21ddff434fd448ff557627df_origina
dcd5b0b90d2cfda528be0ed8ab25ebd0_origina
f5456603e142993455644d92f36e08e7_origina

75mm Resin Miniatures

All of the Townsfolk are available at 75mm cast in resin. Centrifugal cast in a high quality polyurethane resin.

Just add £18 per miniature to your pledge. You can choose as many as you like from the full range.

Or you can pledge for the Collectors/ Painters Pledge which includes all 15 miniatures (including the Druid) for £240

f7054f2bbbf0f02c8c13a5269007b0f1_origina

Painted Samples

The 75mm Blacksmith painted by Angel Giraldez

015ec3aeccce21ba1608fb8d9b1c0f76_origina

Here we have the Druid & the Farmer's daughter painted by Elias Alonso

31df29ed120aab06ce546e26085ecf1e_origina
27d9307a510edc6daafe96c20990f383_origina
e48c40cc15ae59aff31180c9088dea3a_origina
938ff7564f2b6f8baca4860529492759_origina
2422c941296da1fd3b94b5511ef7bb81_origina
4fa7b53f63cee5ea7ba53525167c7f4a_origina
a0da47af5513ba8c4ea384f4e7a97472_origina
8275eed802fea33c518befee751059ed_origina
20753addb433eafbbecc797070e0be68_origina
5aca3c1a58bf65f71754e7235aa69549_origina
2abaad0f85d41231d8236eda932fe19b_origina
fc47526cd233736a561338342bbece7e_origina
f19df99405666982beafb84bbf807d2a_origina
70d97dc2e09d823e1ef3065fafee9df7_origina
6a48184fb3b8915628acaa15ab8dc32a_origina

We have to say a big thanks to Alfonso Prieto and Elias Alonso from Beholder factory for working with us to create this project.

• Like 2

^^ that. 

I wish there were options for just one or a few instead of a big one or all. 

• Like 1

Shoot 'em a message!

Seems odd that they're not allowing individual miniatures, when their Druid add-on is... an individual miniature. Maybe they don't want to worry about having to have extra casts because everyone wants a Malin and not an Edmund. :lol:

So would 28mm or 32mm be a better scale with Bones? 

This is their first miniatures KS, although they've fulfilled others (?). Anyone have experience with them? TIA!

• Like 1

Definitely backing this one. Excellent sculpts at a very reasonable price for metal minis. I'm guessing 28mm would be the best to order to be compatible with Reaper stuff?

Saw the project on my fb newsfeed a few days ago.

I’ve doubts on what the final production figures will actually look like.

Keep thinking of how poorly realistically proportioned renders translate into production small scale miniatures.

Thinking of the shallow details of the unpainted Wizkids line of human/humanoid minis.

Or the mess of the minis from the Kickstarter based on the Walking Dead tv series.

Both companies had great looking realistically proportioned renders just like those shown here but they did not translate well into production minis.

Would need physical proof this project creator knows what they’re doing.

Also find the multiple scale option a bit odd. Would need to see some comparison photos with other minis to see what the project creator thinks is a 28mm mini vs a 32mm one.

• Like 3

The painted ones are supposedly painted (pewter) casts, but yeah. I expect those to be masters, not production casts.  

They claim to have a full in-house production line with experienced crews. but this is their first big metal/resin project. 

(Until now they've mostly sold 3D print models)   

And I'm sad to say, the females are too cheesy even for me. 

The farmer's plough is more like the bow of an Ironclad than a farming tool.

The smith's hammer is a heavy weapon, not a useful tool for the smitty.

Shouldn't the Serving wench be carrying the same size and type steins/jugs/whatever as her father is handling?

Shouldn't the Guard and Captain have more similar helmets? They're very different in styles. 

In my opinion, the only model really worth having is the Granny. and that one doesn't interest me.

(Most 'old crone' minis are  caricatures. This one seems to be a bit better.)

I'm skipping this one.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Darsc Zacal said:

Saw the project on my fb newsfeed a few days ago.

I’ve doubts on what the final production figures will actually look like.

Keep thinking of how poorly realistically proportioned renders translate into production small scale miniatures.

Thinking of the shallow details of the unpainted Wizkids line of human/humanoid minis.

Or the mess of the minis from the Kickstarter based on the Walking Dead tv series.

Both companies had great looking realistically proportioned renders just like those shown here but they did not translate well into production minis.

Would need physical proof this project creator knows what they’re doing.

Also find the multiple scale option a bit odd. Would need to see some comparison photos with other minis to see what the project creator thinks is a 28mm mini vs a 32mm one.

Good points, all.  But I am in, anyway.  Perhaps I have a lesson to learn.

Edited by Highlander

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now