September Hobby GOOOOOOOOOOOALS!

Made good progress on my castle early this month. So very close to finished but life has been blocking me lately. Literally every time I sneak downstairs to do a bit on it within 5 minutes somebody is down there asking me to do something. Need to do windows/arrow slits and trap doors on the towers. Also painted a bit on my Tyrant of Halpi dragon from Dungeon Saga. Finally settled on a paint scheme and it's over half done now.

• Like 3

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/8/2018 at 3:01 PM, Auberon said:
On 9/6/2018 at 4:34 PM, Auberon said:

For the current month:

• Finish exchange mini - possible this weekend if I work on it.
  • The obligatory clean paint area.  This time around though its mostly put away paints I'm done with and get out what I need for the next project.
  • Speaking of which, pull mini from shelf of shame and get back to work on it.

And done... ish.  I tried out a bit of an experiment on the base.  Once it is set and there is no more color shift I'll probably have to touch it up a bit, but the mini itself is done.

The first two goals are done, but I ended up painting the Village Attacks vampire instead of going back to the shelf of shame.  We'll try that one again next month.

• Like 5

On 9/26/2018 at 7:36 PM, SparrowMarie said:
  • Started FrGQ (she's rather purple ATM)
  • Still working on calendar (may not finish on time)
  • Have planned for Minivember if cannot finish calendar 

• Did not finish calendar due to monies. So Minivember is planned.
  • Still working on calendar even though it won't be done on time.
  • Have started but made no progress on FrGQ.
  • Like 4

On 9/9/2018 at 9:21 PM, nytflyr said:

Starting late, intend to paint up my bones cultists, and cultist looking figs... 18 total... same color scheme so should be doable. next month, bones lizardmen and pulp heroes

Got 8 of the cultists finished and the alter, 10 more have paint on them... so not horrible... better than this time last year

• Like 5

On 9/1/2018 at 9:33 AM, WhiteWulfe said:

Now that things are cooling down, it's a LOT easier to actually sit down and paint...  That and my paints don't have the annoying habit of drying out halfway through being used in the wells of my dry palette...

Old goals:

- Finish the sculpting on Wyrmgear

- Continue working on Reaver of Kargir.  Bonus: Finish this mini

- Continue working on Tanith.  Bonus: Finish this mini

- Continue working on my Skaven Warlord.

- Swap one squad in my Skaven army over to my new rolled bases

- Assemble one squad of Skaven Night Runners

New goals:

- Set up and learn how to use wet palette (and of course finding a spot to put it o_O)

- Get back into habit of painting/hobbying every day, even if it's just twenty or thirty minutes, cleaning mold lines on minis, or assembling minis

- Assemble Wyrmgear, and get him slathered up in Grey Liner (aka primed)!

- Fill gaps in my Minotaur Demon Lord, and then prime him with quite possibly Brown Liner

- Technically a new goal since I haven't set it for a while: Resume work on Ebonwrath, my rainbow dragon challenge dragon.

- Work out basic colour plans for my Skaven Poison Wind Globadiers

So, end of the month, how'd I do?

For old goals...  Wyrmgear I'm saddened to say is still at least two sculpting sessions away from having the various added details finished up, but on the flipside, I'd argue that such isn't as bad as it sounds.  I'm still working out a few details in my head, and therefore would prefer to fully iron those out before blindly rushing in.  That and I'm probably going to pick up a few tiny beads (y'know, the 1-4mm ones) in order to add some of the old details back into the sculpt in order to reinforce that they've been grown over.  Reaver of Kargir did get some attention, but not really all that much, hence why having marked it as kind of sort of halfway there - I put a lot more attention towards my Skaven than I did my gnolls.  Skaven Warlord is DONE, and a squad of Night Runners has been assembled on new bases, so I'm quite happy about that.

As for the new goals for October...  Not too too much to report on those sadly.  Wet palette is still in the package as my painting area is a bit of a mess still, I didn't really hobby every day (although days I did I tended to spend 1.5-2 hours going at it, and on weekends would do several hours per day, so some could argue that would count)...  Minotaur Demon Lord I'm hoping to fill gaps on in early October, Ebonwrath barely even got looked at (I still feel pretty bad about the primer falling apart of hubby's dragon, and still haven't picked up some Simply Green so we can redo it *coughs nervously*), but I did get the basic colours planned out for my Poison Wind Globadiers....

• Like 3

So, at the end of the month, the board looked like this:

IMG_9281.JPG.f41c53e93a314d57e1099810e6241d18.JPG

So, just over 20 hours of recorded time, or an average of 40 minutes per day.  In actuality, it was longer than that, since I routinely would finish "just one more thing" when the timer ran out, and work for another couple of minutes.  And, while nothing got finished this month, I did move a lot of things along in the process.  Got all my Frostgrave plastics assembled, as well as almost 70 CAV models, plus another 100 or so assorted miniatures. And did some painting for 40k, Adeptus Titanicus and my 28mm Nappys. Time to clear the board and start anew for October.

• Like 6

On 9/21/2018 at 11:37 AM, Rob Dean said:

Still time left; this may not turn out to be too bad a month after all.  I got the Hero Forge samples painted, have finished up two stands of 1/72 scale plastics plus a couple of single figures, and have finished two B&B figures so far, with a third one being based, so those were my goals. :huh: Huh.

And the final for the month was as above, plus two more Burrows and Badgers, for a total of five of them.  For a month when I didn’t expect to get anything done, it wasn’t bad.

• Like 3

On 9/6/2018 at 9:41 AM, Evilhalfling said:

Concept /place order for Mini Exchange 

River Widow faction figure 

Goldar - (skin class) 

Greenstuff Bones Conversions:  (mashup class) 

- Flying Bear 

- Dragon Wyrm 

- Cthulu Drake (maybe) this one has large holes and needs lots of texture.

Dwarf jester 

Dwarf Female Cleric

2 from bones 3 core.  (figure 1)    (figure 2)

picked 3 minis for the exchange.  finished one, one needs finishing details the last is barely base coated. 

about half done, not a great month for painting 

• Like 4