Sign in to follow this  
redambrosia

Getting to Know You: Sept 2018

On 9/9/2018 at 1:08 AM, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 9: What is something that will always be in fashion, no matter how much time passes?

The tunic, AKA the t-shirt.

14 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 10: 

If you were an Egyptian pharaoh, what would you have buried with you so you could have them in the afterlife? (Aside from minis!)

Hippopotami. Those broccoli are nasty.

Edited by etherial
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 10: 

If you were an Egyptian pharaoh, what would you have buried with you so you could have them in the afterlife? (Aside from minis!)

Assuming a happy after-life:

Presupposing that she dies naturally, and is not put to death to be buried with me, my dog Klondike Bar. My Super Nintendo Classic as I feel I could play some of those games forever (and appropriate devices to be able to use it with), my favorite chair, definitely some tea, all the books on my bookshelf as I've narrowed my collection down to books I love to re-read, a nice blanket for lounging and my favorite casual dress

For a terrible apocalyptic afterlife:

my camping bag with equipment (tent, sleeping bag, water purifier, cook set etc. etc.)(do we need to eat?) food, emergency dog food, my fishing kit, a machete, my chacos and my dog, Klondike Bar. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 10: 

(Aside from minis!)

I don't understand that part; what else is there?::P:

• Haha 9

20 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 10: 

Everything.

When I die, the entire multiverse will collapse in on itself...

(Cuz I'm just that important, lol.)

• Haha 8

21 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 10: 

Cats. :wub:

My pyramid would be entirely full of cats that never got a happy home, with space for MrBoot as well of course. I've never heard of allergies being a problem for the dead! :bday:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Tuesday, September 11: What do you take for granted?

Clean Water. 

Electricity. 

That I will have enough common sense to avoid combining them. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 9

I forgot to answer my question yesterday...

On 9/9/2018 at 9:21 PM, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 10: 

Seeing as how I would be dead, I wouldn't need food or cooking related things. I'd probably have some chocolate though, just so I could sniff it. 

Books for sure. And a really good internet connection so I could get more books. Who knows what sort of neat things they'll write after I kick it? 

My dolls, if only to creep out my would be robbers. :lol: 

And, of course, all my pets, nicely mummified as well, so they can annoy me for the rest of eternity. 

I'm also assuming that my husband will be included in my burial chamber, but I'm not speaking for all the craps he's gonna bring (transformers, dragons, video games...)

20 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

I'm gonna stay away from everything that will make me depressed to think about and just say: a car.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Broadband internet, and specifically on-demand streaming services.  It's really really REALLY handy to be able to watch a good 90% of what's on one's list by firing up Netflix, or 95% of what's on your list over on Funimation or CrunchyRoll.  Sure, I personally love DVD/Blu-Rays myself, but there's that nice convenience of streaming platforms that has had me actually not buy a disc for several years (well, okay, that and my DVD player broke a while back, and it hasn't been replaced), and as for anime, it's nice that those two previously mentioned sites have simul-dubbing usually within a few hours (or 24 at worst case scenario).

Alternate answer: decently dubbed anime, with good to excellent voice acting.  It's nice to be able to watch anime when sick, not feeling well, or even tired.  Sometimes trying to read along with paying attention to everything going on on the screen is a lot of work, and you wind up missing a bunch of things...

• Like 6

Free coffee in the workplace, or for a public environment, free for the employees.

It doesn't need to be fancy coffee, but I need my caffeine shots during the day. And unless you go for the fancy brands and preparations, it's relatively inexpensive.

I was kind of shocked when my current workplace, which uses a K-Cup machine in the staff/management break room, doesn't supply the cups. K-cups get expensive fast (unless you use reusable cups). Meanwhile, the downstairs break room for the workers has a good old fashion Silex coffee carafe machine and supplies the coffee grounds.

• Like 5

The trappings of modern Western civilization (electricity, clean water, the availability of food, the Internet, emergency responders, etc.).

• Like 9

On 9/9/2018 at 10:21 PM, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 10: 

Hard to go wrong with the old standbies of treasure, slaves, livestock and toys. But if it has to be something I actually owned in life then it's books and minis. Plus a computer and a ton of video games if they'll work. Eternity scares the hell out of me. How do you not get bored and go insane with all that time?

21 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

I could do worse than spend an afterlife with all of my forumites. ::D:

I think I'd much rather hang out with a lot of people from here than with many that I've had to deal with in real life. I know some pretty good people but  the in your face bleeps seem to take up to much of my time and emotions.

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Nothing. Granted can go get his own stuff.

• Haha 9

6 hours ago, redambrosia said:

I go camping for two weeks every summer, I just went one week without a car because it was with my wife in Pittsburgh. I have asthma so I don't even take breathing for granted.

Imma go with nothing.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1