redambrosia

Getting to Know You: Sept 2018

7 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Saturday, September 14: 

If you had an infinite budget to build a fort, what would you build?

Too many choices. TOO MANY CHOICES! Runs around until his head pops. :wow: I'm much better at working with almost no budget than a big budget. I get distracted easily when things become possible. I'd need a different one for different moods. 

Something like this when I'm feeling western.

Image result for fort walsh

Something like this except spiffed up a bit when medieval.

Image result for beaumaris castle

Something modern with deep underground bunkers and automated defense systems for when annoying relatives come demanding I share my unlimited budget.

• Like 6
  • Haha 5

Is that the one built half up a cliff in a cave? Europe’s answer the New Mexico’s Cliff dwellings. 

A google search later...

Slovenia-Castle-1.jpg?resize=1024,876&ss

...it is. Picture might be from a blog called Hippie in Heels

• Like 7
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Saturday, September 14: 

Something in the middle of a pocket dimension complete with all the modern & fantasy defenses, accessible only by a password I provide that's only good for five minutes.

On an unrelated note I'm getting tired of random people knocking on my door.

• Like 8

[off topic...]

With an unlimited budget...

57 minutes ago, Zink said:

...and automated defense systems for when annoying relatives come demanding I share my unlimited budget.

...you could go all medieval on someone and make it rain cows. :ph34r: :ph34r: :devil:

[/back to topic]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, malefactus said:

Does it really have to be a fort? I would much rather put up an aircraft hangar with living/work corner SO I would have enough room for all the parts of my project to be displayed.

Malefactus wins for best fort idea. (We can put little Faux Turrets on the corners. So it will count as a fort.) 

I so much wish this could happen. 

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Zink said:

Too many choices. TOO MANY CHOICES! Runs around until his head pops. :wow: I'm much better at working with almost no budget than a big budget. I get distracted easily when things become possible. I'd need a different one for different moods. 

Something like this when I'm feeling western.

Image result for fort walsh

Something like this except spiffed up a bit when medieval.

Image result for beaumaris castle

Something modern with deep underground bunkers and automated defense systems for when annoying relatives come demanding I share my unlimited budget.

That first one looks like fort Walsh. And if I'm remembering correctly, I believe the second is Beaumaris castle, which is one of my favourite concentric castles.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, malefactus said:

Does it really have to be a fort? I would much rather put up an aircraft hangar with living/work corner SO I would have enough room for all the parts of my project to be displayed.

Sounds like a fort as far as my last shadowrun character was concerned. She rather enjoyed her hammock bed/nest in the warehouse the party adopted. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Saturday, September 14: 

Infinite budget and fort?  Since others have said what I had originally thought, I'll instead go with some sort of combination of a Nike, Titan II, and Sprint missile base for design...  And then have the exterior look like some unassuming farm....  On about 5-600 acres of heavily wooded land, because I like the woods, and the agricultural look would sort of help conceal the observatory that would be there, because what else are you going to do when you have a gigantic, massive underground bunker of doom but look up at the stars and go "ooooh, that's pretty"!

• Like 7

17 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Saturday, September 14: 

An artifact-level version of Daern's Instant Fortress, that can be adjusted to any size and consideration I wanted. And would shrink down to something I could put on a keychain.

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Pezler the Polychromatic said:

That first one looks like fort Walsh. And if I'm remembering correctly, I believe the second is Beaumaris castle, which is one of my favourite concentric castles.

Correct on both counts. I've been to Fort Walsh a few times beacuse it's only about 3.5 hours from here and a beautiful area. My great grandfather was actually stationed there for awhile when it was an operating police post. Would love to see a bunch of different european castles and Beaumaris is high on that list.

• Like 7

21 hours ago, TGP said:

Malefactus wins for best fort idea. (We can put little Faux Turrets on the corners. So it will count as a fort.) 

It's just an aircraft hangar...

36ddff28e6b58fd5ed58ac95bece5f11.jpg

...with some embellishments for atmosphere.

21 hours ago, TGP said:

I so much wish this could happen. 

I do too. Thanks for the kind thoughts TGP!

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

That's a pretty cool castle, @malefactus. What/where is it?

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 16: 

What obstacles would be included in the world’s most amazing obstacle course?

Start by jogging across/dodging traffic during rush hour on the George Washington bridge in NYC, followed by swimming the Nile river, take a side trip to hike up and then ski down Mt. Everest, and finally, a nice leisurely bike ride through Death Valley.

If you were looking for something slightly more possible/survivable, I'll need to think on it a bit. ::D:

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 16: 

What obstacles would be included in the world’s most amazing obstacle course?

The toughest thing I can think of right now is: Shopping at WalMart on Black Friday for all of the limited Black Friday specials.

The most amazing?  Running a marathon. On the moon.

• Haha 8