redambrosia

Getting to Know You: Sept 2018

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 16: 

What obstacles would be included in the world’s most amazing obstacle course?

Making it through a chunk of @malefactus' woodlands, escaping @buglips*the*goblin's moon palace air vents maze, running @Pezler the Polychromatic's rainbow bridges. Surviving a hug from one of @Guindyloo's kids. Having a coke with @Dr. Wyrm

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 16: 

I'm going to go with a silly, yet reliable answer....  That anyone who's seen the show will know exactly why.

So long as it has the pendulum of impatience (aka the get moving pendulum) sucker punch, the big red balls, and most importantly.... The motivator...

I kind of miss watching Wipeout, that was a fun contest show to watch.

EDIT: Especially the slow motion shots involving the motivator...

Edited by WhiteWulfe
  • Like 7

On 9/12/2018 at 2:45 AM, redambrosia said:

This question come from @Crowley

Wednesday, September 12: What sort of supplies do you keep stocked for disaster situations?

Enough random items for a few days.  My possible disaster list is small. 

On 9/13/2018 at 3:01 AM, redambrosia said:

Speaking of soup... 

Thursday, September 13: Do you carry with you, at all times, tools sufficient to open a can of soup? (Or other canned goods)

I usually have something that will suffice.

On 9/14/2018 at 3:52 AM, redambrosia said:

Friday, September 14: 

Is there a song that makes you nostalgic for your “youth”? If so, what is it?

Define "youth" as you wish.

A good chunk of 90s music has the potential, but I've heard the songs so many times that additional context would be needed for a bout of nostalgia to occur.

On 9/15/2018 at 1:20 AM, redambrosia said:

Saturday, September 14: 

If you had an infinite budget to build a fort, what would you build?

With an infinite budget my fort would expand to take over the world, containing everything. Including an orbital elevator attached to a ring circling the earth, so I could gaze down at my wonder fort from space while still being in it.

9 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 16: 

Thermonuclear weapons are a challenge to dodge.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

12 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 16: 

A sloped hallway where it is completely filled with gelatin. Now eat/claw your way to the top. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

On 9/15/2018 at 2:20 AM, redambrosia said:

Saturday, September 14: 

If you had an infinite budget to build a fort, what would you build?

With a truly unlimited budget, I would build a massive hybrid of medieval fortress, 19th century palace, and 21st century home.

On general principal, the outer walls would be genuine fortifications, with battlements, crenelations, gate house(s), etc. I would undoubtedly base the overall design on historical fortresses across Europe. Proper site selection would also necessitate the acquisition of an improbably expensive plot of land on appropriate hill, or river bend. (or both)

Internally, the keep would be build with integral modern plumbing, electricity, networking, sound, etc. (Such as is not really possible when retrofitting an old fortress.)

I would keep the size semi-reasonable, if only because I would be building a residence more than military installation, but only just. I imagine I could do it on a budget achievable by any upper-level billionaire, and be quite satisfied with the results. :poke:

(edited to close my parentheses)

Edited by klarg1
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Chaoswolf said:

That's a pretty cool castle, @malefactus. What/where is it?

That one Malefactus posted is Schloss Eltz, @Chaoswolf

I went looking to see if that was the castle that was used as an ‘aircraft hanger’ by some British POWs. That was a different place. Schloss Colditz:

6225170713153552.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 16: 

Grues. 

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Sunday, September 16: 

You will encounter puppies and kittens everywhere.

Now try to make your way home and leave them all behind ( you know you can't) or try to take them with you, all of them...( there too many of them).

I'm sorry, you will be played and snuggled to death,.

2 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 17: 

What is the funniest joke you know by heart?

This thing called humanity.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 17: 

Jokes are my kryptonite. I tend to forget them the next day. 

The punchline to the only one one that I halfway remember (I score a complete Fail on the “know by heart” pre-requisite) is this:

”Get your own Dirt.”

• Like 4

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Monday, September 17: 

I must know a couple hundred. Jokes are like children; i.e., it is impossible to choose a favorite.

• Like 5