redambrosia

Getting to Know You: Sept 2018

28 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Sorry I’m late... I left my phone at home. This baby needs to grow a brain so it can help me remember things...

Wednesday, September 19: What is your favorite dinosaur?

I think it was triceritops, although when I was a kid I did quite like Albertasaurus as well.

• Like 8

50 minutes ago, redambrosia said:

Sorry I’m late... I left my phone at home. This baby needs to grow a brain so it can help me remember things...

None of them; even as a boy, dinosaurs had no interest for me...I am the Forum paleontology counterweight.

Leaving the phone at home or in the glove compartment sounds like a splendid idea.

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, redambrosia said:

Microraptor

because having four wings and still not being able to fly is just what it is all about really. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

I’ve always like triceratops. It struck me as a splendid upgrade for a unicorn. (What’s better than one stab by horn? Three!!)

49 minutes ago, malefactus said:

Leaving the phone at home or in the glove compartment sounds like a splendid idea.

Except that it’s my primary means of keeping myself awake when work is slow at night. It’s full of books, I can work on word anvil, and I can read articles on my various interests. It’s function as a phone is about tenth in line of what I use it for.

• Like 12

When I was in elementary school, my favorite dinosaur was the stegosaurus.

I haven't thought much about it since then.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dilvish the Deliverer said:

Which ever one gets the paleo-philes spun up about " thats not a real dinosaur". :devil:

2 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Hmmm: ichthyosaurus, meganeura, Machairodontinae, alicorn. One of those.

Oh, no. Wait.

Definitely the Red-tailed Hawk.

::P:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 7

Barney!

[Placeholder for 90s meme about violence against purple dinosaurs]

Edited by Cranky Dog
  • Like 3
  • Haha 8

1 minute ago, Doug Sundseth said:

Hmmm: ichthyosaurus, meganeura, Machairodontinae, alicorn. One of those.

Oh, no. Wait.

Definitely the Red-tailed Hawk.

::P:

My original answer was almost Magpies ::D: We have a small family group that count our garden as part of their territory. I love watching them moving about from my painting table. I'm pretty sure they recognise me as the person that puts out scraps for them ^_^

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Cranky Dog said:

[Placeholder for 90s meme about violence against purple dinosaurs]

I remember there being a Doom mod that replaced all the creature sprites with Barney.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

The Auld Grump   ::D:

And yes, it takes one to know one.

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, redambrosia said:

Megamunch, the Royal Saskatchewan Museum's own animatronic dinosaur. When I was in Grade 2 there was a provincial naming contest, and that was what was picked.

image.png.38ad31721fadb8455fc49bd3cc8eb282.png

He's got a bit of a sense of humour:

Spoiler

image.png.4a7a832a74ec146eada64556bc38a30e.png

image.thumb.png.c33880d7acef7ed6a6683e9a64ff7de7.png

image.thumb.png.15e1d28e007be337134be6015af93bfc.png

image.thumb.png.d6baaada1537a8aa23f8e13ca234c665.png

image.thumb.png.c9f9a9b6c6647a337a75c6dfab4060a7.png

The other ancient reptile that I love is Sarcosuchus Imperator, a 40 foot crocodile that was large enough to EAT T-REXES.

image.thumb.png.4aa6bcad999041e2d3f35a0f932c4a3f.png

image.png

Edited by Pezler the Polychromatic
  • Like 8
  • Haha 6

I'm punting this one to second oldest NieceBoot, who has a Grand Passion for dinosaurs. 

Her favorite dinosaur is the pachycephalosaurus.

No, I didn't know which one that was either, I had to look it up.

Also she's 3 years old, and can rattle the word off far faster than her AuntyBoot. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Wednesday, September 19: What is your favourite dinosaur?

My *new* favourite dinosaur is whichever one survived the Cretaceous-tertiary extinction and evolved into tasty chicken.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

This would be a fantastic time for me to have a pet bird to name as my favorite, but I don't have one. :mellow:

I'll echo a whole bunch of other people with "all of them", or at least "most of them".

I am not all that excited by the fictional genetic monsters rolled out by the Jurassic World franchise. They get a whole bunch of "meh" from me.

• Like 7

3 hours ago, redambrosia said:

33 minutes ago, OneBoot said:

I'm punting this one to second oldest NieceBoot, who has a Grand Passion for dinosaurs. 

Her favorite dinosaur is the pachycephalosaurus.

No, I didn't know which one that was either, I had to look it up.

Also she's 3 years old, and can rattle the word off far faster than her AuntyBoot. :lol:

Huzzah! 

--OneBoot :D 

I'm stealing this one!  Mostly because the picture I saw looks like it was having fun headbashing everything.  It's like the Viking of the dinosaur world.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5