Saturated September!

Pochi

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Metalchaos said:

The color gradient on the tentacles is great and the eyes looks really evil. Is that a plastic model ?

Thank you!

Yes. It is one of the Wizkids pre-primed line. The plastic is more rigid than Bones. He had a lot of mold lines and the primer is kind of thick and messy in places. He is still fun to paint. He is also pretty decently sized and was inexpensive.

• Like 1

More painting happened today so Saturated September is off to a good start! He is basically finished and now it is basing and special effects time. I have added some basing sand putty stuff to the base for some texture and I chose a few items to scatter around on the base. I need to wait for the putty to dry before more painting can happen. 

How does he look? Haha! No pun intended!

20180902_183206.thumb.jpg.d0a638d501ecf44eb1ce2b78559911ee.jpg20180902_183219.thumb.jpg.bd87bb1bcb2939f66cca302372b81d00.jpg20180902_183231.thumb.jpg.14393df3509239929e9c1bac2e92dc3f.jpg

• Like 18

8 hours ago, LarsM said:

He looks absolutely awsome!! I like that the tentacle eyes are different colors.

I would maybe make the base of hes teeth tone to a slightly darker yellow/brownish color.. But I guess thats just me, liking dirty teeth :wacko:

Thank you!

He's a little washed out since I am just holding him under my painting light. His teeth don't like that light in person but I will revisit his teeth before I add saliva and stuff and see if they need more wash to grunge them up more!

• Like 3

I grunged up his teeth some more. Got his base painted. I added a sword, shield, book and goblet to the base as well as some tufts. I glossed his eyes, all 11 of them! His saliva is drying so no photos tonight but he should be ready for his beauty photos tomorrow!

So, next up for Saturated September....I am not sure. I need to work on the angel and a giant for the Reaper Facebook contests but I can't share photos of them. I have one of my player's characters to paint up so maybe I will start her tomorrow. Tomorrow is my weekly paint day with a friend!

• Like 6